• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery delivery

amyecpa

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give me info on this? I just a few things delivered. Would it be worth it? We are staying at POR. The main thing I need is my canned Cherry Diet Coke. I'M ADDICTED!!!!!!!!!
:banana:

I just posted about this in another thread..and someone came back and said Garden Grocer.com oe WEGOSHOP.com

Good luck and have fun!:thumbsup2

We've used Garden Grocer before also. We had groceries delivered to OKW. Disney did a great job of keeping cold items cold and delivered the bags directly to our door!

If all you want is your pop/soda and it is a coke product, you might be able to find it at the Hess station across the street from DTD. You are staying at POR, so take the boat to the side of the lake that has the balloon on it, get off, walk across the street. Disney only sells Coke products. I would call the Hess station before you go and ask. I did that once. Just google it and you will find a number. Any of the grocery services have a min. order amount($40.00) and a small ($12.00) delivery fee. We are using Garden Groceries. this trip. We ordered water, PEPSI, and breakfast foods.

Depending on what you want, there is a Hess Exporess station within .25 miles from the front of the Boardwalk Resort and is an easy walk from Hollywood Studios or the Boardwalk Resort. Here is a map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4GFRE_enUS323US324&q=300+E.+Buena+Vista+Dr.+(at+Epcot+Resorts+Blvd.),+Lake+Buena+Vista,+FL+32830&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x88dd7f076390d25d:0x8da0790ba50e6c73,300+E+Buena+Vista+Dr,+Kissimmee,+FL+34746&gl=us&ei=SXmET53gF6ec2AXXyuTlCA&sa=X&**=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CEEQ8gEwAA

There is also one located near Downtown Disney.

If you took the bus from POR to Hollywood Studios, you could walk over to hess and get soft drinks, wine, beer, snacks etc., then either cab it back to POR from Boardwalk, or bus it back from Hollywood Studios.

I lied, it's .31 miles from Boardwalk to Hess.

It took me 5 minutes and 21 seconds walking an average of 18 minutes per mile.

maptohess.png

I'll give Hess a call. My drinks are just so hard to find. They are never sold individually (vending machines, etc.) only in the 12-pk fridgepacks. I have to be so difficult. :rolleyes1

We looked into the options of getting stuff delivered but we felt that we would probably be better getting the items we want from the Hess at DTD. I also don't think as we wont be buying much food that we would meet the minimum spend.

Having asked on here on the UK side by all reports it pretty well stocked plus I noticed that those delivery companies don't sell beer or wine etc where as the Hess station does.

We are planning on our first night to take a trip down to the one at DTD as its the closest to OKW. Or if we are too tired we will do it on our first full day.

We have used Garden Grocer for a few trips. It is nice to have what you want delivered right to your room and it saves lots of time. If you get anything cold, the resort will keep it refridgerated until you are ready for it. We get snacks, water, soda, fruit and breakfast items.

I have used wegoshop.com on our last trip and got very good and accurate service. You can choose any product you want (as opposed to some who only have "stock" items and brands. The shopper also used her own coupons to give me a better deal. You are expected to tip, but I was glad to as they met all my expectations and delivered on time when I arrived. i would use them again

Don't forget you can add sunscreen, water, bagels, peanut butter, or other breakfast foods or fruit as well.

We've been using Garden Grocer for the last 4 years and have NOTHING bad to say about them. Prices and selection are reasonable, they've never messed up an order or been late.

We used Garden Grocer to have some things delivered to AKL last year. We stayed in a villa and figured that since we had a kitchenette, we might as well do some cooking! The website is really easy to go through, you find the items you want and put them in your virtual cart. The rest of the ordering, payment, receipt, and delivery of the items were all just as easy. We waited a bit too long to actually order (make sure you do this at least a few days in advance!) so we had a late delivery time-slot, but everything got delivered early, which was a nice surprise. We would definitely use them again!

Garden Grocer does deliver beer and wine. You just put it on the order in the special instructions. It is good to give them a few selections, they will then call you for a separate payment.
We always order a case of beer, water, 12pk diet coke, fresh fruit and yogurts along with pretzels and granola bars. Well worth it!

We looked into the options of getting stuff delivered but we felt that we would probably be better getting the items we want from the Hess at DTD. I also don't think as we wont be buying much food that we would meet the minimum spend.

Having asked on here on the UK side by all reports it pretty well stocked plus I noticed that those delivery companies don't sell beer or wine etc where as the Hess station does.
We are planning on our first night to take a trip down to the one at DTD as its the closest to OKW. Or if we are too tired we will do it on our first full day.

Just to clarify Wegoshop does deliver beer and wine as well as the "hard stuff" you just have to fax over your ID and be prepared to show ID again at delivery.

I find the delivery fee well worth it to have some water, soda, beer, cold breakfast, sandwich makings, fresh fruits and snacks on hand.

Both wegoshop and garden grocer will deliver alcohol.

Does anyone know if you can buy milk at the Hess across from DTD?:confused3 Thanks!:flower3:

I've never seen a convenience store that doesn't, so I'm guessing that they do. You can also just buy it at your hotel.

We have used wegoshop several times and love it!!! Highly recommend them to get everything from a small order of snacks and drinks to groceries for a 10 day trip! Have a magical trip!!

I've never seen a convenience store that doesn't, so I'm guessing that they do. You can also just buy it at your hotel.

Thank you! We don't have them here, so I wasn't sure what Hess was. I thought they might be less expensive if they had a 1/2 gallon or gallon to keep in the fridge, rather than buying little cartons of milk every day in the food court.

Thank you! We don't have them here, so I wasn't sure what Hess was. I thought they might be less expensive if they had a 1/2 gallon or gallon to keep in the fridge, rather than buying little cartons of milk every day in the food court.

I'm pretty sure they have half gallons at the resorts. It may be a little bit cheaper at Hess if you're going there anyway, but I wouldn't make a special trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter