• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery Delivery to Resorts?

jamioday001

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give me info on grocery delivery services at Disney World resorts? I saw mention of it somewhere and have never used this. If we do fly in, we may choose to have this done if it is not expensive. Thanks for the information!

We have used garden grocer many times. They have a vast shopping list of choices and will try to get anything that is not on their list. If they make a mistake they take care of it - and fast ! They are prompt !

We always use Garden Grocer. It's very convenient, especially for water bottles. They have everything you'll need and bring it right to your hotel.

thanks great! so i looked at the prices and they seem fairly good. higher than what i am used to, but then again, probably not much better than a neighborhood grocery store right? (i.e. diapers and beer seemed ok which was funny, but i did notice cereal was about $5/box, cereal bars $4/box, which is twice what i pay here...and produce seemed pricey but doable),
I assume the convenience of this pays for itself? Thanks!

There are also fees and tips to consider, but they are def a good service. I recommend them

thanks great! so i looked at the prices and they seem fairly good. higher than what i am used to, but then again, probably not much better than a neighborhood grocery store right? (i.e. diapers and beer seemed ok which was funny, but i did notice cereal was about $5/box, cereal bars $4/box, which is twice what i pay here...and produce seemed pricey but doable),
I assume the convenience of this pays for itself? Thanks!

Prices are higher than the grocery store, but a great service. The DVC resorts have a small grocery store (where are you staying?). Not sure if all resorts have the same. You can get a few items there. We usually take a few boxes of cereal and granola bars in our suitcase. Hope this helped.

I have also used garden grocers on each of our Disney trips. However I think on this one I might try www.wegoshop.com

Garden Grocers has gotten really high...(I think)

Garden Grocer is great! We ordered online about a week before we left, they will call for verification of credit card, and when you arrive, the groceries are minutes behind!

We use the Personal Disney Shopper. She not only does groceries, but will pick up anything else in WDW as well. When we go, we place a grocery order with her that is dropped off at bell services, and I order a goody bag for my daughter. I usually have a new stuffed Minnie, an autograph book, and a pen, and she puts them in a cute tote with a note from Minnie to my daughter. You can find her on Facebook, we love her!

garden seems high but i guess what other say is true they take it to your room. even if you have a car drive to the walmart buy stuff drive back un load the car walk with all your food to your room .

garden seems high but i guess what other say is true they take it to your room. even if you have a car drive to the walmart buy stuff drive back un load the car walk with all your food to your room .

No offsite vendors are supposed to go to your room. They are supposed to go to the front desk and leave stuff with Bell Services or you pick it up there.

i have never done the garden grocer what i mean is the disney employee will bring the food to your room

We are trying Walmart this trip. I was able to order snacks, cereal, water and even sunscreen...free delivery to the resort. Got the idea from another dis member who did the same this summer and raved about the savings. Now we can't get milk there but for us that is the only thing we'll pick up at the resort. If you spend 45.00 it ships for free.

I believe Garden Grocer has a $40 minimum purchase requirement and has a $12 delivery fee. I think we go shop's deliver fee is even higher. There's definitely a mark up in grocery prices too, IMO. If you really need groceries, it may not be the cheapest option but definitely the most convenient.

I believe Garden Grocer has a $40 minimum purchase requirement and has a $12 delivery fee. I think we go shop's deliver fee is even higher. There's definitely a mark up in grocery prices too, IMO. If you really need groceries, it may not be the cheapest option but definitely the most convenient.

There is also a $1.99 fuel surcharge fee added to the $12 delivery fee due to the high gas prices. I just placed my order yesterday.

Wegoshop has a higher delivery fee, but they do not mark up the price of the groceries, you pay what is paid at the store.

Wegoshop has a higher delivery fee, but they do not mark up the price of the groceries, you pay what is paid at the store.
This. And the other difference is you can order hard liquor from WeGoShop, Garden Grocer just offers wine and beer.

Also, you can tell WeGoShop exactly the brand/size item you want and they'll find it. With Garden Grocer you pick from the groceries on their Web site.

I just ordered yesterday from Garden Grocer, too for this Wednesday and they called right back to verify the order. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will no longer have a car and needed the handful of items, especially the water. Buying the case of 24 bottles at $6.00 is still cheaper than paying $2.50 a bottle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter