• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?grocery delivery service?

suedisney

Mouseketeer
has anyone used one of these services?
1. which one?
2. did they pick a time of delivery or were u able to specify?
3. were they reliable and the products acceptable?
thanks for any help

we used garden grocer, yes we were able to specify a window of time and we were totally satisified. Lots of selection and there was nothing we selected that they did not have available. We loved the convenience of it.

We spoke with the Garden Grocer this morning. There service has been reviewed on these and other boards as being outstanding. When we spoke with the gentlemen, he also said that if you want to order any liquor you need to fax them your ID (so they know they aren't shipping liquor to minors). The fax # 321-206-8585

He suggested at least a two week lead time especially if your going during a busy season.

Have a good trip.:thumbsup2

Do the resort managers not mind you bringing in your own food?

(I live in the UK where your not even allowed your own snacks when you go to watch a movie!!)

It depends on what resort and also what you are brining in. If you are staying at a DVC resort which have full kitchens, then bring what you want and what ever you want.

There are some posters who bring food with them to save money on the trip which is fine, with in a limit. DW and I bring breakfast bars and such for snacks at night while we are waiting for a bus at the parks,but nothing more. There are other people who bring coolers and fill them with ice every day to keep cold cuts and such but that's a little too far for me.

IMHO rooms are for sleeping not eating. The more people eat in the rooms the more crumbs get arround and then we have bugs in our rooms.

We ordered from Garden Grocer. We were able to pick the time and I made sure delivery was a few hours before check in so we would have it once in our room. We ordered cases of water and juice boxes for the kids. Laundry detergent and diapers, as well as some fresh fruit for the room. We also had some beer/wine delivered as someone else mentioned. I will definately order from them again in the future.

Do the resort managers not mind you bringing in your own food?

(I live in the UK where your not even allowed your own snacks when you go to watch a movie!!)

This is not a problem. If bringing food into your room was not allowed, there would be some hotel policy that Disney would make public. I'm sure if you ordered a few things from garden grocer, it's perfectly fine. We're ordering some organic milk (which I was unable to find at WDW last month) and some snacks. Since we're staying at the Poly and we only have a fridge, we're not ordering food to substitue meals (we'll be on deluxe dining :thumbsup2 ). Come to think of it, even when we've stayed in villas with full kitches, we've never cooked. I don't cook at home, I'm not about to start on vacation :rotfl2: .

Hmm if Disney didn't want food in the room, why offer room service? :confused3

We order cereal, milk, fruit, and snacks from GG. We eat breakfast in the room, and snack when we get back for our afternoon naps. Saves us $$$ and time and works great for us! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter