grocery delivery question

sitkamom

Mouseketeer
Just wondering about grocery deliveries--I confirmed with the Carousel Inn that they accept deliveries from Vons without the guest present if it's non perishable. I know I will have refrigerated items so will need to be there--does anyone know if there's a lot of flexibility with delivery times or if the store is pretty good at sticking close to their set time? Trying to avoid hanging out in the room too long on our first day waiting for a delivery--when we're dying to get to the parks! :) I'm so impatient!!! I know!!!!

TIA
Sitkamom

Just wondering about grocery deliveries--I confirmed with the Carousel Inn that they accept deliveries from Vons without the guest present if it's non perishable. I know I will have refrigerated items so will need to be there--does anyone know if there's a lot of flexibility with delivery times or if the store is pretty good at sticking close to their set time? Trying to avoid hanging out in the room too long on our first day waiting for a delivery--when we're dying to get to the parks! :) I'm so impatient!!! I know!!!!

TIA
Sitkamom

Vons will let you choose your delivery window. For a couple dollars more you can get a one hour window. It's worth it in this case. Book early, some windows tend to fill up.

Vons will let you choose your delivery window. For a couple dollars more you can get a one hour window. It's worth it in this case. Book early, some windows tend to fill up.
Thanks--good to know! Is it when you place the order that you choose the delivery time? I'm planning on a May 17th delivery--any idea how far in advance one should place the order before delivery times fill up?

Thanks--good to know! Is it when you place the order that you choose the delivery time? I'm planning on a May 17th delivery--any idea how far in advance one should place the order before delivery times fill up?

They generally only let you choose date/time about 3 weeks ahead of time. When you login to the grocery delivery portion of the site, there is a link to reserve your delivery window. You can do it there or when you place your order.

Keep in mind that your first delivery is free (PROMO CODE EASY7) if your order is $49 or over.

Let us know how you like Carousel! We'll be there for the first time in December.

We have had excellent delivery service from Von's to the HoJo both times we've used it. We chose the 2 hr window and the first time they were there on time. The second time it was Dec 23 and we got a call from them saying that they were busy (to be expected) and wouldn't make our chosen time window but let us know that time they would be there. And they were there when they said they would be.

nvfamily

any other deliver options besides Vons that anyone would recomend? We are looking for someone to deliver to VGC.

I was considering a grocery delivery when we go next month, but I don't think I'll have quite enough of an order to make the $49. We really just want a case of soda, a case of water, some liquid coffee mate.

Is there anyplace within very close walking distance to DLH that we could purchase these things if we dont do delivery. The case of water and soda would be difficult to carry unless it was quite close.

We'll be staying for a week and I'm thinking just buying soda and water individually would really add up.

I was considering a grocery delivery when we go next month, but I don't think I'll have quite enough of an order to make the $49.

The case of water and soda would be difficult to carry unless it was quite close.

This is a problem. You could go the GCH, faimed at the people in Villas it has some items, it's like a convinience store with Disney prices.

You could go to the 7Eleven at the corner of Katella and Harbor. Though that is a long way to carry those big and heavy items, about a mile walk.

Will Von's deliver to Park Vue? Or is there a list somewhere of the hotels they will deliver to?

I wouldn't worry. Off the top of my head I can't think of anyplace that they don't deliver to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter