Grocery Delivery Options/Reviews

We will probably be getting to POP around 12:30 -1 and just want to go straight to the park after check in. We can leave our luggage and stuff with bell services and have be sent to the room. If we don't arrive back to the hotel around 10 or 11, what do they do with the perishable items (ie: milk, yogurt etc). Do the CM at the front desk put it somewhere? Would you advise that we get milk from the marketplace instead? How late does GG deliver?

We will probably be getting to POP around 12:30 -1 and just want to go straight to the park after check in. We can leave our luggage and stuff with bell services and have be sent to the room. If we don't arrive back to the hotel around 10 or 11, what do they do with the perishable items (ie: milk, yogurt etc). Do the CM at the front desk put it somewhere? Would you advise that we get milk from the marketplace instead? How late does GG deliver?

Bell Services has both a frig and freezer so when your order arrives they put all perishables safely away until you call for them.

We use GG and love it! :lovestruc I like shopping the website... and if there is something that isn't there you just request it, e.g. liquor, sugar free, etc.

We have used Garden Grocer 2 times with no problems. Someone ask about DVC's grocery service. It is VERY expensive. I can't see why anyone would use them.....smjj

Thanks for posting all the information about GG and Wego. We are going in 5 months and am still deciding but I think either way we cant go wrong!

I have used Wegoshop twice in the past, but I think I will try GG next time. I really felt I had to be present to receive the groceries as it was presented to me, and of course the time we agreed on ending up not being as convenient as I would have liked. Not anyone's fault - just the usual hard to plan exact timing when you'll be in the room, not in the shower, not stuck waiting for a bus stuff that happens at WDW. We did not order alcohol either. I did feel compelled to add a tip onto the delivery fee (it is a line included in the total bill to fill in), and this definitely made the final price jump substantially. I also have read on the Dis boards that there is a service charge to use a credit card - somehow I missed that and all that together makes me think I will try GG just to compare.

We like freshly cut deli meats will WEGO Shop get them from the deli? I don't like the prepackaged stuff.

Don't do it unless you're willing to pay $6+ for a 1/2 gallon of milk! Prices for DVC's "grocery service" are the same prices you pay in the small shops at the resorts.

BTW, we've had great experiences with Garden Grocer. We might give WeGoShop a try next trip because of all the great reviews, but I wouldn't hesitate to use Garden Grocer again.

Has anyone checked DVC prices? I checked the first few items on my list - eggs, milk and bread - and found DVC prices to be LESS expensive than Garden Grocer.

RE: DVC Grocery service

I have to admit it has been a while that I have checked. I will give them a look. We have had no problems with GG in the past and thought their selection and prices were very reasonable. I know the last time I did check with DVC grocery service, most items were more expensive but things do change..smjj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter