Grocery close to BWV

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
I have a week at BWV during Food and Wine :thumbsup2. I always eat breakfast in the room though. I won't have a car, solo trip, too expensive to rent a car. What is the closest grocery store I could take a cab to from BWV? In the past with a car we have gone down 535 (?) to the Winn Dixie, but the traffic can be horrendous coming back into WDW property. Is there anything closer than that, or a better option? I'll probably just buy breakfast food, some wine and maybe some snacks and soft drinks or water.

Don't know how fussy you are about breakfast items and wine but some people just walk to the Hess station on the corner where you turn for BWV. You might even consider taking a wheeled suitcase to make carrying stuff easy. Here is a link with photos taken a couple of years ago that will give you an idea about what Hess stocks:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2704495&highlight=hess+photos

P.S. If you will be there while I am there (Oct. 15 - 22), I would be happy to give you a ride to a grocery store (we go to Publix near the Premium Outlet Mall).

I have a week at BWV during Food and Wine :thumbsup2. I always eat breakfast in the room though. I won't have a car, solo trip, too expensive to rent a car. What is the closest grocery store I could take a cab to from BWV? In the past with a car we have gone down 535 (?) to the Winn Dixie, but the traffic can be horrendous coming back into WDW property. Is there anything closer than that, or a better option? I'll probably just buy breakfast food, some wine and maybe some snacks and soft drinks or water.

If you just need milk or some small items, there is a Hess gas station right beside the Boardwalk overflow parking lot that you could walk to fairly easily and would probably have a few very basic items that would be cheaper than buying at the resort. Do you have room to pack some cereal or coffee in your suitcase? :)

It may or may not work for your needs, but you might consider the Hess station across the parking lot from BWV for most items and there are a few in the BWV general store.
With the cab fare, you might be able to walk to France or Italy for a bottle of wine.

I'm not sure anyone else mentioned it but there is a Hess station on the corner :-)

:rotfl2:

So funny!

Yes to Hess.

And the Swan or Dolphin - I have no clue, after all these years, why I can't keep them straight. :rotfl2: Anyway, Picabu has a great selection of basic groceries in their CS.

But then there's produce. You can walk out from DD to the Crossroads. Plus, the city buses go out to the Publix on the 192 from the Transportation and Ticket Center (NOTE: if anyone uses it the return stop is not right across the road - it's down a bit). But then again, you're good with a cab. Smiling.

Dude, the cabbie will know better than anyone where the closest is, but the publix with easiest access back to the park is the one in Celebration... the driver will know but you can look it up and have the address for him as well. or ask the concierge to get it for you when you ask for the cab.
some places, if not busy may even offer to shuttle you to the store. but right off of hotel row, just outside , ( and I mean across the street form hotel row is a Goodys, if you like 100 each apples, you could go there.
the hess station is no cheaper that the ridiculous prices they change in the hotel... or you could use wego shopping and have things there when you arrive.

P.S. If you will be there while I am there (Oct. 15 - 22), I would be happy to give you a ride to a grocery store (we go to Publix near the Premium Outlet Mall).

always, such a sweetie :goodvibes

OP, DH & i will be at the BWV 10/5-10/15, probably will have the rental car thru the 13th. we normally go grocery shopping the first day, then 1 or 2 more times for minor restocking (like when i run out of my main two food groups: krispy kremes and bbq fritos :scared:).
we can take you, or pick up your grocery list while we're out if you would like. just PM me (really, it would be no bother. aside from the fact that i'm trying to live by the "what would jean do?" philosophy on life:))

Their are plenty of online sites that will deliver for you. They cost a little more. Go on line place your order it will be waiting for you when you check in. The resort will keep anything cold in their fridges until you get your order. I think the name of one is Fresh Grocer.

We have used Garden Grocer for delivery and were quite pleased. Also there is a Publix in Celebration which would be a very short cab ride.

We always just buy groceries at the BWV store on the Boardwalk. I don't find the prices much different than at home. We don't really want to take the added time or expense of going off property.

Don't know how fussy you are about breakfast items and wine but some people just walk to the Hess station on the corner where you turn for BWV. You might even consider taking a wheeled suitcase to make carrying stuff easy. Here is a link with photos taken a couple of years ago that will give you an idea about what Hess stocks:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2704495&highlight=hess+photos

As an aside, we drove to that Publix last week, and thought it was a very nice store, but the traffic on Vineland was just horrendous coming in and out of the outlet mall. Is there a better way to get there?

As an aside, we drove to that Publix last week, and thought it was a very nice store, but the traffic on Vineland was just horrendous coming in and out of the outlet mall. Is there a better way to get there?

the publix near celebration is closer and much less traffic... plus it has a click and shop option so you can shop online and then just go pick them up. a great option for those with a cab. if you prepay, you could just have the cab pick them up, or maybe even get lucky with a Disney shuttle from the hotel?

Their are plenty of online sites that will deliver for you. They cost a little more. Go on line place your order it will be waiting for you when you check in. The resort will keep anything cold in their fridges until you get your order. I think the name of one is Fresh Grocer.

This!! We just put our order in for Garden Grocer, it worked great last time too. (Staying at BWV in a month!)

This!! We just put our order in for Garden Grocer, it worked great last time too. (Staying at BWV in a month!)

We always go 536 (World Dr.) to International Drive. (Turn left at the Hess station.) Stay on International Dr. until Vineland. (Turn left at Walgreens.) Publix is next to Walgreens. It is really quick and you miss all of the outlet traffic and all of the Downtown Disney traffic.
There is a Walmart closer but I don't care for Walmart. Take 536 to 535. Go right on 535. It is about a mile down 535 on the right.

LPnerd said:
the hess station is no cheaper that the ridiculous prices they change in the hotel... or you could use wego shopping and have things there when you arrive.

not true. a beer at the hotel shop is about $7. An 18 pack at hess is about the same price as 3 beers. we bought some other snacks in may and everything was cheaper. not cheaper than a grocery store but better than the hotel.

I know some Wal-Marts deliver, does anyone know if the one by Disney is set to start? That seems like it would be a cash cow, but maybe Disney is heading that off?! I know they do it in Tampa.

Garden Grocer! Great service and most importantly fresh produce. Highly recommend this service as one less hassle you have to deal with once you get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter