Groceries

ratdog9

Mouseketeer
Is there a store in downtown Disney/ Marketplace for basic groceries and snacks?

We used Garden Grocers to order our necessities (a $40 minimum purchase plus gas surcharge and tipping). We got milk, breakfast cereals, yogurt, fruit, carrots, snacks, gatorade, and juice boxes. (and mommy daddy juice, aka beer & wine!) They are very reliable.The food arrived at the hotel about an hour before we checked in and bell services brought our groceries to the room. I noticed that we had enough snacks for breakfast and for the parks, that we had 12 snack credits left at the end of the trip that went unused and we bought mickey rice krispie treats and candy for our friends and family as souvenirs!

We just put in an order at Mr. Grocery for our Sept 23rd trip. Hoping everything goes as planned or my daughter won't have diapers. Getting nervous about it. Anyone used them before?

Is there a store in downtown Disney/ Marketplace for basic groceries and snacks?

All resorts have a location that provides access to "basic groceries and snacks". The prices are inflated of course but we have found that the "waste" factor from bringing food in and the convenience factor of being able to buy what you "need" on a daily basis typically out weigh any true savings from purchasing offsite unless you plan to eat almost exclusively in your room.

Good Luck!

Griz

All resorts have a location that provides access to "basic groceries and snacks". The prices are inflated of course but we have found that the "waste" factor from bringing food in and the convenience factor of being able to buy what you "need" on a daily basis typically out weigh any true savings from purchasing offsite unless you plan to eat almost exclusively in your room.

Good Luck!

Griz

I agree with this - I buy at the resort gift shop now. I eat breakfast in the room nearly every day (cereal, milk, fruit), bit nearly all other meals and snacks in the parks. I do being some little cereal boxes in my luggage from home, but pretty much everything else is available at the resort gift shop. Don't need huge quantities of anything.

After several trips of stopping at Publix grocery store on the way to the hotel, and having to throw away many of the food items at the end of the trip (what a waste!), this works much better.

we order water & other items online from netgrocer.com. ships right to resort & they hold it for you till you check in. :)

All of the online websites that you order groceries from, are really expensive! I was checking them out, and frozen waffles were over $7! I'd rather take an hour the first day we arrive , go to a store nearby our timeshare, and the money we save use for treats and souivners during our trip!
Are there any reasonable grocery sites? I see that have them delivered would be nice, but I can't see spending so much when I could buy the same food, for so much less. I know some of what your paying is because its "convenient", but it really seems like wasting money that could be spent on much more fun things!!

All of the online websites that you order groceries from, are really expensive! I was checking them out, and frozen waffles were over $7! I'd rather take an hour the first day we arrive , go to a store nearby our timeshare, and the money we save use for treats and souivners during our trip!
Are there any reasonable grocery sites? I see that have them delivered would be nice, but I can't see spending so much when I could buy the same food, for so much less. I know some of what your paying is because its "convenient", but it really seems like wasting money that could be spent on much more fun things!!

Unfortunately, this only works if you have a car. Many folks at WDW use Magical Express and don't have a rental car, so they're stuck with either getting their groceries at the resort gift shop or ordering groceries to be delivered.

I was thinking that , I suppose if your without a car then you don't have alot if options.
Our timeshare is only a few miles from disney --there is a walmart and a liquor store a couple miles away too . Our timeshare has washer,dryer, complete kitchen ect. So, I'm planning to buy staple items ( cereal, milk, nutrition bars, juice, milk,coffee, munches ect) there.
I think it would be nice to get there and have our groceries already delivered. But, the prices are quite a bit more. Doesn't seem worth it:)

I used Garden Grocer two years ago and the min was actually 60.00 back then! The service was great, they brought it right to our room at CBR, everything was super fresh and I want to add that it was pouring rain and the guy still had a smile on his face when we opened the door. I highly recommend them!::yes::

If you can get by with small quantities, the hotel gift shops sell snacks, bread, milk, orange juice, yogurt and liquor...and personal products like eye drops and diapers.

A lot of people order water so I was concerned. I made it a point to try the water fountains in every park and the local water tasted fine to me.

Good Luck!

Griz

This is going to sound stupid but I never thought of that. We usually buy from Garden Grocers on the web then if we're passing a Walmart of Target we'll nip in for something. The prices on site are ridiculous.

When we flew and had no car, I packed our breakfast foods (including dh's soy milk and kids' yogurt) in a cooler. Put in a few gallon Ziplocs full of ice, taped it shut, and checked it. Then we didn't have to pay the extra for a fridge, either. Worked well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter