• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Groceries Delivered?

allaboutmm

DIS Veteran
We have never had groceries delivered before, but are thinking of putting together a very small order this trip. It will mostly be only perishable items (butter, cream cheese, yogurt) because we ship other items down. Do you recommend us just buying them at the resort, or using a service (which would you recommend?).

We used garden grocer for our July trip. We did the same thing--took cereal and other non-perishables in one of our suitcases and ordered perishables to be delivered to our room. Our groceries were delivered to bell services the morning of our arrival and stored there until our room was ready. Once we were in our room, all we had to do was call, and bell services delivered everything to us. It was very simple and I think the prices were very reasonable--a little higher than what you would pay at your local grocery store, however, they do all the shopping and deliver the items directly to your room. I am sure we saved money by using garden grocer as compared to buying these items at the resort--I know a box of mac-n-cheese at the resort was just over $5.00, online, you can get a box of mac-n-cheese for ~$1.50. Next year, we decided we were just going to order everything to be delivered instead of packing an extra suitcase--it was that simple

We used Garden Grocer several times now and never had a problem. Two years ago they delivered before we got there and the food was in the room and put away in the frig:). This year they delivered to bell services because the room was not ready yet. We stayed at Marriott's Cyress Harbour two times and SSR once. Would recommend:thumbsup2

another happy garden grocer user here.
Plan on using them again in Sept.

Has anyone had a problem with their perishables at bell services? Will GG deliver at a certain time? What great service to put it away for you!
We plan to use them for our next trip.

We didn't have any problem with our perishables in bell services. We order milk, eggs, chicken nuggets, etc. SSR bell services seemed very familiar with having groceries delivered and needing stored (including refrigerated and frozen items) until the room is ready.

We are trying Garden Grocer for the first time in a couple of weeks. I can tell you when we went on our trip in May we purchased only these items at SSR & it was $42.00!!:eek:

1 quart of milk (not even a 1/2 gal. but a QUART)
2 SMALL (3 oz) pkg of cream cheese (2 = 1 of the smaller plastic containers)
1 SMALL pkg butter (like = to 2 sticks)
2 16 oz bottles of diet coke
3 bottles of Miller Lite
1 turkey wrap thingy

I brought the bagels & some cereal with us in our carry-ons and we had a case of water delivered (shipped) from Costco for about $7.

For our upcoming trip in a couple of weeks from GG I ordered 1 box of donuts, 2 packs (of 6 ct.) bagels, some big muffins, 1/2 gal. milk, a sm. margarine, 8 oz. cream cheese, 2 cases of waters, a 12 pack of Gatorade and 1 case of Miller Lite cans and all told WITH their del. fee, tax & the gratuity it's costing us $100.64!! $24 of that is del. & gratuity. That's still a LOT, but it includes all those beverages which Disney charges A LOT for. The case of beer alone was charged separately & is $23.99. That's a LOT but Disney charges over $5 for each beer!! I maybe should've used WeGoShop but I think they're a smaller organization & when I called they were running out of del. slots so I just did GG to be done with it. If you use WeGo call early!!

I've heard that others have had water delivered from costco and have searched their website looking for other food things like frozen meals. They don't seem to have frozen meals on their website. Does anyone know if I could order frozen meals and if so how.

Thanks

WE are using WEGO this time.

I found garden grocer website too cumbersome for me

WEGO has free form box where you list out what you want. If you want a brand name you list it Pepsi, Hood milk, etc

If you dont care about brand (milk, water, eggs) then Marge will just get the store brand or equiv for you.

I found this much easier than to "search" for products.

Also, you tell her what store you want her to shop at, and she does.

My 2cents.

Kim

I forgot to mention in my other post the biggest differences between GG & WeGo that I found.

The minimum order from GG is $40 and their del. fee is $12. They do not charge extra to use a credit card or to leave the order with Bell Services. Their prices are on their website & include some % of mark-up. If you want something that you don't see listed you can put it in your comments section & they will call you. I don't know what the percentage of their mark-up is and when I called to ask the girl said she didn't know how much the mark-up was.

WeGo's delivery fee starts at $17 (so it's $5 more) and it is price tiered up from that according to the amount of your order. I think that it might go up after $100. They do not mark up their prices, but you also won't know how much you're paying for stuff until you get there. You don't HAVE to be there to receive the order but they apparently prefer for you to be there and for you to pay in cash because they add a 10% fee to use a credit card & a 3% fee to leave the order with Bell Services. So if you're not going to be there to receive the order you're stuck with paying an additional 13%. They WILL shop wherever you ask them to if you have a preference but they also charge another $5 to shop at a 2nd location (there's a $5 charge for each stop). So I figured it was a wash between the unknown with WeGo and the xtra mark-ups at GG.

We used Wego on our last trip and thought it was great! They will shop where you want. They shopped for us at Publix, I went on line to see what brand items they had and I like that I can specify what I want. They do not up charge so if something is on sale or a buy 1 get one free that is what you will get. Service fee I thought was reasonable, and they were great to deal with. Even if you are buying a small amount the mark up on site is too much.

Another huge fan of WeGoShop. We used them for our July trip and we thought it was great. She will shop where you ask her to shop and she will go to more than one store if you need her to. We will be using them again in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter