• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Groceries Delivered to Your Hotel Room

shaz14

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm going to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas in December. I would like to stock up on a few groceries since we will have a kitchen. I'm not really planning on cooking but I would like things like milk, bread, cereal, pasta, snacks etc. I was thinking of ordering from a local grocery delivery service but I was wondering if there is any way to have groceries stocked before we get there? Or if we are out at the park? It might be too much to ask for but I really don't want to have to sit around in my room waiting for a grocery delivery when I could be out enjoying precious time at the parks :hourglass

You don't have to wait around for the delivery. If your order gets delivered prior to your arrival, Bell Services will hold them until you arrive. Then Bell Services will deliver them to your room once you check in. If your order has not arrived when you check in, again Bell Services will hold your order until you return from the parks.:thumbsup2

Thanks! Do you have much experience with grocery delivery? Do you have a preferred service to go with? I'm from Canada so I don't have much experience with the grocery delivery places in the US at all, nevermind in the Orlando area

I personally have not used one. But many people on the DIS have used either wegoshop.com or gardengrocer.com with high marks for both.

Hi. We used wegoshop.com in August and loved it! Will never go to a grocery store again LOL.

Basically, you can look at the local store ads and decide which store you want them to shop at. You give them a specific list, brands if necessary and sizes, and if you accept substitutes. We did a few buy one, get one free items and got everything exactly as we wanted.

They can usually pinpoint your time for delivery. We told them we'd be checking in around 2:30 and they called me at 2:00 and asked if we were there because they had my order in the car. We were just checking in, told them our site number and she pulled up at the same time as we did to our cabin. Took 3 minutes to unload.

There is a delivery fee based on the size of your order, and you get the actual store receipt to show exactly what you paid for - no markups.

I like this better than Garden Grocer. That site has a smaller selection and I consider very high prices. It is easier though because you can shop and pay for everything online.

If you have a kitchen, definitely think about some groceries. We don't cook big meals any more in our room, but we like having sandwiches, soup, one night we ate a couple boxes of mac and cheese because we get tired of eating out. At the cabin, we grilled outside a lot so we ordered ground meat, hot dogs and chicken breasts. We even got fresh items like tomatoes, onions, avocados - all great and we felt we ate much healthier than we could at restaurants all week. Definitely we ate breakfast every day in the cabin.

Thanks! Do you have much experience with grocery delivery? Do you have a preferred service to go with? I'm from Canada so I don't have much experience with the grocery delivery places in the US at all, nevermind in the Orlando area

I have used gardengrocer.com x2. They are amazing!! I got everything on my order, plus asked for several things that were not on the website that I asked them to get. My orders were delivered on time to the resort, even thought we were delayed at the airport.
Bell services held my order until we arrived, kept the perishable items cold. Having snacks, breakfast items, a few lunch items, water, gatorade and beer delivered saved us a bunch! I always over order, as we go in August and get too many drinks. I just make friends with my neighbors and give them our left over water and stuff.

I have not had the best luck with WDW fridges, so i always pack a collapsible cooler and order a Styrofoam one with my groceries.

We have used WeGoShop twice and were very pleased with the service. We had them get our groceries at Walmart since that's where we shop at home so we know what brands they carry. We got frozen pizzas, break n bake cookie dough, fruit, cheese, breakfast items, milk, oj, etc. We typically eat 2 meals/day in the room and grab a counter service lunch in the parks.

You can also have them get alcohol, you just fax them your driver's license for proof of age. We got a case of beer and a bottle of wine, and they were stored with the perishables so they were nice and cold when we arrived.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I don't get on this board very often so sorry it took so long! Only 2 and a half weeks to go!! *squee*:banana:

We use Garden Grocer on pretty much every trip. You pay a bit more (but still less than buying at WDW). We haven't had any complaints with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter