Grizzly Rapid Ride vs Kali River Rapids

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>My understanding is that it's better. I haven't been on Kali myself, though.

I like it better than the other two we have here in the Los Angeles area. It seems a little bit longer - a lot of fun to ride in.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Dress Up Your Posts

This isn't even remotely a close call. I love these kinds of rides, and have ridden many, including Kali River and GRR. I was mightily impressed with GRR, and equally unimpressed with KRR. The only raft ride I've ridden that comes close to GRR in terms of length, excitement, and theming, though the themings couldn't be more different if they tried, is Pluto's Bilge Rafts at IOA. That one is wetter than GRR, but I prefer GRR's very well done theming. I respect and like that they didn't redo Splash Mountain with lots of characters, but kept it pure. I also was very impressed with the ride technology inasmuch as, unlike other raft rides, they seem to have found a way to "rock the boat" if you will, on GRR, keeping the raft constantly spinning about this way and that. Very entertaining, as you can't quite predict who's gonna get it when encountering the wetter features, as you can on most other such rides.
As for KRR, ::sigh:: what a disappointment! VERY short for one thing; only one drop, smaller than GRR, a barely thought out storyline that essentially encompasses one scene area, and that's it. I don't know what their decision making process was, but whichever bean counter suggested they spend more $$ on the line area, nicely themed btw, and less on the length and features of the ride, should be placed in charge of the new spinning rides and other "off the rack" attractions.
All in all they got GRR right. Great centerpiece for DCA, and a great ride to boot!!

"Oh, It's a jolly holiday with Disney
Disney makes your heart so light!"
<BR

Disneyland '70, '73, '78, '81, '87, '97, Paradise Pier/DCA 1/01
CBR 2/98, PO 2/00, AS Movies 4/01!!

I agree with the above comments. GRR is an outstanding water ride. We went on it 5 times over the course of our stay last weekend. It is one of the best rides in both parks, on par with Indiana Jones and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

In comparison, Kali is shorter and less wet, plus does not have the fantastic spinning vehicle mechanism. It is fun for sure, but in comparison to GRR seems like the "dry run" for the ride they perfected at DCA.

S.

I went on both. GRR is the best! Cool ride and you'll never know who'll get wet next. When we rode it, we were always hoping the boat would turn a certain way so we wouldn't get wet. But, they surprise you on some of the down-chutes and force the boat to spin on the way down so everyone gets a little wet (some can get a lot wet). It's a great ride!

Grizzly River is a great attraction, I'd go on it repeatedly if it weren't so cold. And beware, you WILL get wet.

The only thing that got to me was the spinning. At the end, I was pretty dizzy.

The whole area is beautifully themed. The landscaping is perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter