Gringotts- right away or wait?

disneywith4boys

Mouseketeer
We'll be arriving Sunday April 12 and should be in the park by noon. Should we head right over to Gringotts or wait until closer to park closing?

Noon is a pretty busy time of day. Like the PP said, anything over 30 minutes I would swing back before park closing.

Unless the wait is really long, I would go ahead and ride. The ride breaks down often and if you wait until later in the evening, you may not get to ride that day.

Park closing. The park is busy at noon. You'll also have people arriving to Diagon Alley via HE from IOA.

I agree that waiting until the last minute may not work out for you. We tried to ride in the last hour when we were there in December and the ride broke down and they didn't bring it back up that night. Missed our chance to redo the ride. Definitely figure out what your waiting limit is and go if you see it within that amount. (I think we waited 45 minutes for our first and only ride one morning).

I would also wait until closer to park closing. Another option is to just ride Gringotts single rider. When the posted wait was 120 minutes, we did single rider and waited about 30 which included time we had to wait for a technical difficulty. DH and I weren't in the same ride vehicle but we got on at the same time, so one of us didn't have to wait for the other.

I recommend watching wait times throughout the day on the app and looking for a good chance to ride before closing just in case it breaks down. I went last month, and the ride was down for about 6 hours (in the beginning of the day, but it could have just as easily broken down near the end of the day). We were in Diagon Alley when the ride finally opened. People swarmed the ride while we went to put our stuff in the lockers, so we just got in the single rider line...the TMs motioned for those of us in the SRL to run onto the ride before those in the regular line made it through the queue, and we literally walked onto the ride in maybe 30 seconds. We missed the queue, though, so I think we're just going to wait it out next time.

another glitch happening again.........yuck
what i had posted but it must have been written in invisible ink was,

i would go to Gringotts first when arriving at the park at noon.
if you are anticipating this ride over all others, just do it when you arrive.
it will be noontime and perhaps other park goers will be doing a lunch break at this time.

why wait to the end of the day to hit the one ride you are most excited for?
if you have lines to wait in, just enjoy the ambiance of what is around you inside the building.

Thanks- I forgot they had the app with the wait times- didn't have it last time I was there. And thanks for the reminder about the ride breakdowns- I'll keep it in mind throughout the day as we try and pick the best time. Can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter