• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gringotts Cut Off?

JKalai

DIS Veteran
For anyone who's been in DA lately...

Around what time do they start closing the line for Gringotts when the park has been closing early?

I'll be heading down there for a one day trip on 9/10 and the park is going to be closed @ 7. I'll only be there for one day and I'll want to maximize my time and ride as many rides as I can, but I'm mostly looking forward to Gringotts and FJ. From everything I've been reading on here, the lines are the shortest in the evening. Is this still the case? Around what time would you guys recommend me being in line by to avoid being cut-off?

Do you guys think AP early entry in Sept. is going to be busy? I'm kind of debating on just rushing Gringotts as soon as the park opens with everybody else (I will not have early entry).

Thanks a bunch!

We are at Universal now. Went straight to. Gringotts on EE this morning only to find it closed.... Didn't open for hours and has been closed several times today. I think the wait time right now is over 100 minutes. Very fristrating. I think the best shot is to try it with EE, but as we experienced today, it might not work. We will try again tomorrow morning. All of the other. Harry Potter rides and attractions have reasonable wait times. Very frustrating that the only ride in the new diagon Alley is so unreliable.

I heard today was a very bad day for the ride. They spent most of the day working on issues. Hope you get a chance to ride it as I can imagine how frustrating it must be.

I was there on 19/8 and 21/8 and were considered to be busy time.

The new HP ride, not a good idea to do first thing in morning as the wait for the new ride might be up to 160mins and sometimes closed due to overcrowded. After 11am it normally drops to 60-80mins. As for Forbidden Journey, it normally drops to 20-30mins in the late afternoon.

Gringotts is still so unpredicatable..Most posts I have read lately have said that they close the gringotts line earlier than the park ( how much earlier depends on the wait times apparently).They need to work out the kinks overnight and they need as much time as possible to do so, so they close the ride line before the park closes so that by the official park closing time, the lines are just about gone and they can go to work.

I heard today was a very bad day for the ride. They spent most of the day working on issues. Hope you get a chance to ride it as I can imagine how frustrating it must be.

Thanks! My crew got to ride it this morning with EE and only had to wait 20 minutes or so. hasn't been down today. But the lines did get long and stay long. I think the wait is still listed at85 minutes and it is nearly 7:00. I don't know when they cut off the line, but you'd think they have to before 8:30 closing.

damo said:

Today it has been closed most of the day. I watched the wait time apps for about a week before we came, and found that 4:00 ish was was the best time to ride. We did that on Tuesday, the day we arrived, and only waited maybe an hour.

Thanks! My crew got to ride it this morning with EE and only had to wait 20 minutes or so. hasn't been down today. But the lines did get long and stay long. I think the wait is still listed at85 minutes and it is nearly 7:00. I don't know when they cut off the line, but you'd think they have to before 8:30 closing.

Today it has been closed most of the day. I watched the wait time apps for about a week before we came, and found that 4:00 ish was was the best time to ride. We did that on Tuesday, the day we arrived, and only waited maybe an hour.

Lol, you guys need to get your stories straight!

At 6pm the wait was 60 minutes.

Definitely not down today. I spent hours in Diagon alley all day. The largest wait time I saw was like 185 minutes around noon.

Hog warts was listed at 20 which is walk on for that ride. Mid-day.

We were in the park yesterday. Park was open until 9pm. THe line for Gringotts was cut off around 8pm.
o
At 5ish the line wait time was about 85 minutes and I thought it would go down, but it seems to stay the same.

We were there 8-20 thru 8-25. On 8/21 we went into Diagon alley at night to walk around and shop, the line was closed by about 7:30 with a 9 pm closing.

We did EA the next day. We got to US about 745 (EA was 8), trying to remember now lol, By the time we reached the queue (8:15) it was 105 minutes. That would have been pretty accurate but we did have about 20 minute stop.

I read someone else here was at US by 7 and off the ride by 815. So that 45 minute difference was actually about an hour and 45 save. I would have liked to have gotten there earlier but my tweens weren't that cooperative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter