• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grey Market or Not????

senecabeach

Have a Disney Day !!!
Hello ALL...
Well.... I've been toying with the notion that I'd like the Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC lens for my Nikon D 7100.

Seeing prices 2/3rd's cheaper...like $867 (GM) vs. $1300. US Warrantee. Im usually a firm believer that you get what you pay for...but this is very tempting...

What are your thoughts about this kind of purchase? Any problems with GM lenses?
What would you do?

Thanks in advance foe the help! :rolleyes1

If it's grey market, it's not the true Tamron US warranty. I bought that lens through greentoe, saved a little bit, and got the full Tamron warranty. Felt it was a big enough investment that I wanted the safety of the warranty.
To me, the whole point of buying new, is the warranty. Where I'm less concerned with the warranty, I save money by buying used.

Adorama has it for $1100 after a rebate here http://www.adorama.com/TM2470NK.html

GM is the exact same product as the US product. To me, it all comes down to how lucky you feel about not having a problem with the product. Most of the places that sell GM products offer a one year warranty through themselves. http://fumfie.com/product/ID594C11/view?gclid=COm72sr83cgCFU8WHwodUbYNdA

When I wanted a Tamron 70-200 2.8 VC I bought it on E-bay from Prodigital2000 for $1049. They are actually Carmen's Photo Source from Canada and I got a Canadian 6 year warranty.

for a lens, i would have no problem going grey. but for a body, i went full us spec on my D750.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter