Grey Hair

I plucked it out...but there were a few others... a few strands appeared to be grey just in the middle...like it was growing out dark again!

I noticed one the other day when I was getting ready for work. WHAT THE........?????? I was shocked, but I plucked that sucker right out and I'm young again :rotfl2:

My son was maybe 5 or 6 and when he saw some grey strands he said, mom are you going to turn into a grandma?ha! My mom had grey hair and he associated it with her. I used to lay on the couch and with my head on the arm and he used to stand at my head an pluck out all the grey hairs. He would stand there and do it for a long time. Didn't want me to turn into grandma. I thought that was cute. Now I have to use color.

My first gray hairs came in when I was 12. By my late 20's I was 90% gray. To make it worse, my hair grows like weeds so I'm at the hair dresser at least every 10 days for touch ups. This year I turned 55 and our daughter is having our first grand child so I'm kinda sorta thinking about letting the gray grow in. I did this about 10 years ago and my friends and family had a fit. After about six months, I began coloring it again.
Decisions, decisions:goodvibes

I'm kinda sorta thinking about letting the gray grow in. I did this about 10 years ago and my friends and family had a fit. After about six months, I began coloring it again.
Decisions, decisions:goodvibes

why do others care what people do with their hair. I have heard others too whisper how *old* someone looks just because she has gray hair..Or how they would look prettier if they colored their hair.
I am sure others will feel that way about me when my hair finally goes gray. I am not a *hair and make up* person...I have no desire to start coloring my hair either...it is way too much up keep then I am used too. My hair grows fast...there is no way I am fussing with my hair every 10 days to 3 weeks to keep the gray covered!!

why do others care what people do with their hair. I have heard others too whisper how *old* someone looks just because she has gray hair..Or how they would look prettier if they colored their hair.
I am sure others will feel that way about me when my hair finally goes gray. I am not a *hair and make up* person...I have no desire to start coloring my hair either...it is way too much up keep then I am used too. My hair grows fast...there is no way I am fussing with my hair every 10 days to 3 weeks to keep the gray covered!!

LOL, I got the, "You look older with gray hair." I've looked at pictures of myself with gray hair and dark hair and I really didn't look any older. I think it was just the idea that gray hair=old lady that bothered people.

LOL, I got the, "You look older with gray hair." I've looked at pictures of myself with gray hair and dark hair and I really didn't look any older. I think it was just the idea that gray hair=old lady that bothered people.

Yet gray hair on a man is ok.....

I'm to the point where I have to dye my hair to cover up the grey, but when I was younger I noticed that it would suddenly appear when looking in the mirror in the morning :(

Yet gray hair on a man is ok.....

George Clooney is considered hot but I'll bet that Penelope Cruz or ny other actress with dark hair who let the gray grow in would be considered over the hill. The old double standard

YIKES!! Every three weeks you have to touch up your roots?? That alone is enough for me to say NO to ever coloring my hair!! I have dark hair too.

I am 46 and have some gray, mostly by my temples...but not enough to (for me..I am sure others with my hair would have colored it long ago) think about coloring it.

Yep, it's a real drag. I'm also very short (5'0") and the fact that lots of people can look down into my "part" makes me extra self-conscious. I'm practically an expert at DIY as I simply can't spare the time or money to get a salon-job that often. Even if I was ready to "come clean" (which I totally am not) I'm not sure how to graciously make that happen. Just stopping with the dye would result in a dreadful mess for months even if I cut it super-short. I guess when the time comes I'll definitely need professional intervention.

Yep, it's a real drag. I'm also very short (5'0") and the fact that lots of people can look down into my "part" makes me extra self-conscious. I'm practically an expert at DIY as I simply can't spare the time or money to get a salon-job that often. Even if I was ready to "come clean" (which I totally am not) I'm not sure how to graciously make that happen. Just stopping with the dye would result in a dreadful mess for months even if I cut it super-short. I guess when the time comes I'll definitely need professional intervention.

When I let mine go gray, I used rinse out hair color on my roots for a couple if months and then got a short hair cut

I guess if it continues I'll start coloring again! But then I can't just let it grow out like I usually do.

This is when I wish my hair was lighter!

I'll hope they just look funny because I've been straightening my hair more often, using a new shampoo, and new water.

When I let mine go gray, I used rinse out hair color on my roots for a couple if months]and then got a short hair cut

Good suggestion but my hair is coarse and super-resistant; temporary or even semi-perm won't even touch it. Anything I use has to have ammonia to open up the cuticle.

BTW, I think Jamie Lee Curtis looks fabulous like that!

I love my grey hair! I'm very silver in the front and I'm going from dark to light brown in the back. I get compliments all the time and a lot of people think I have it professionally done, including my own mother. :rotfl:

I stopped coloring about 6 years ago, when I took my family on a 2-month long cross country trip in our RV. You can't color your hair very well in an RV--it discolors the tub or sink. And they don't want you to do it in a campground for the same reason (who could blame them?) So after 2 months, my roots were well grown out. It took me about 5 more months to get the old color out of my hair and I've been grey ever since. The grey makes my light eyes sparkle, especially when I wear blue, purple or pink and my pearls. :goodvibes

I love my grey hair! I'm very silver in the front and I'm going from dark to light brown in the back. I get compliments all the time and a lot of people think I have it professionally done, including my own mother. :rotfl:

I stopped coloring about 6 years ago, when I took my family on a 2-month long cross country trip in our RV. You can't color your hair very well in an RV--it discolors the tub or sink. And they don't want you to do it in a campground for the same reason (who could blame them?) So after 2 months, my roots were well grown out. It took me about 5 more months to get the old color out of my hair and I've been grey ever since. The grey makes my light eyes sparkle, especially when I wear blue, purple or pink and my pearls. :goodvibes

No opportunity like that in my foreseeable future; I work a 60 hour week, 20 years away from retirement and am in the public eye quite frequently. Lots of people aren't really sure how old I am and I think they would be shocked at how much grey I have, including my own DH!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter