Grey Anatomy

I agree, the circumstances were ridiculous. That is pretty much what this show has become. I was not surprised at all, didn't even choke up.

What bugged me the most was she didn't call Amelia. Who doesn't contact their spouses sibling? Who I might add, LIVES IN THE SAME HOUSE! I can see maybe not right at first when you're panicked and running out the door but not on the way? Not when you get to the hospital and assess the situation? Um, how about before you unplug him so maybe she can say goodbye?

I agree, the circumstances were ridiculous. That is pretty much what this show has become. I was not surprised at all, didn't even choke up.

What bugged me the most was she didn't call Amelia. Who doesn't contact their spouses sibling? Who I might add, LIVES IN THE SAME HOUSE! I can see maybe not right at first when you're panicked and running out the door but not on the way? Not when you get to the hospital and assess the situation? Um, how about before you unplug him so maybe she can say goodbye?

I thought it was ridiculous that she didn't call someone to meet her at the hospital. No way would she have been hanging around with 2 kids in tow and not call someone she was close to.

And to top it all off, I have to watch the stupid episode again with my daughter. She decided to go play a game with her dad and brother right after the truck hit Derek. Before agreeing, she asked if I'd watch it again with her later and I made the mistake of agreeing.

So now I had to keep myself from telling her what happened, and must suffer through watching it again. UGH!

Oh and can I add, the acting of the doctors in this hospital was atrocious. Did they just pull people off the street for those scenes? And Meridith giving a speech about doing better next time. Please. I can't imagine having a coherent thought in my brain if was faced with pulling the plug on a loved one let alone give a speech.

I thought that was awful!

And to top it all off, I have to watch the stupid episode again with my daughter. She decided to go play a game with her dad and brother right after the truck hit Derek. Before agreeing, she asked if I'd watch it again with her later and I made the mistake of agreeing.

So now I had to keep myself from telling her what happened, and must suffer through watching it again. UGH!
My DD hasn't watched yet either. Somehow, I have to keep my mouth shut all day.

Oh and can I add, the acting of the doctors in this hospital was atrocious. Did they just pull people off the street for those scenes? And Meridith giving a speech about doing better next time. Please. I can't imagine having a coherent thought in my brain if was faced with pulling the plug on a loved one let alone give a speech.

No way would that doctor have been dumping her own insecurities on the spouse of the soon to be dead patient. I had a hard time with that scene.

I've only read the stupid speech Meredith gave the other doctors and my eyes about rolled out of my head. Seriously, Shonda? :sad2:

I haven't watch Grey's since the first season because I really just couldn't stand the character of Meredith. I can still hear her whining, "Pick me, choose me". I don't know exactly what it was, but she is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Interesting to read the comments here, as opposed to the "total devastation" that overtook facebook last night

I highly doubt Shonda wanted the star of her show to leave.

You mean like she didn't want Katherine Heigl or T.R. Knight to leave when they two were main stars of the show, but became so unbearable on the show when they wanted off, that YES, she couldn't wait to get rid of them and Good Riddance to them?

I saw on an interview with Oprah about a year or so ago, she said she learned a LOT from that experience. She NEVER wants to work with unpleasant people ever again. They ruin the experience for ALL the cast & crew. She said for Scandal and How To Get Away With Murder, her second & third series, she chose long and carefully about who to assemble as her ensembles as she didn't want a repeat of that experience. Those were her exact words (paraphrased,) not relayed through some reporter in an article who may have changed or embellished facts.

Yowsers, are people ever MAD at Shonda Rhimes. Don't read any facebook comments if you're a Shonda fan (though I don't think she has many left).

I didn't watch the episode and haven't watched regularly in a while, but what most people are saying what a lazy way it was to kill Derek and how poorly written the show was. Knowing what I know of Shonda Rhimes, that doesn't surprise me one bit. She's always been a bit of a lazy and poor writer.

You must not watch Scandal then. Excellent writing, for the most part, now that Kerry Washington is no longer pregnant. Last week, while it as basically a filler episode, I knew Shonda was going to have something happen right in the last 20 seconds. which she always does at the end of the fillers. What happened with Jake had me going, "O.M.G!!!" :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: I was at the edge of my seat. Since the season finale is only 3 episodes away, things are up for grabs for any of the characters.

Sorry, I veered off topic, other than it's a Shonda show. Back on topic now.

That is a great way to describe what I was feeling when it was over. Just a lazy way to kill him.

I hated Christina's exit as well. They had capital to expend knowing they were writing popular long-loved characters out of the show. And both just sort of felt "meh".

We lost the characters without the payoff of excellent drama.

Yes, Derek's death was too similar to George. And even the plane crash, when they lost a character that way. :rolleyes:

I hated the way Christina left too. I only came back to see Christina leave. As a PP said, I wanted to see her character through to the end. I DON'T need to see all the melodrama of Jessica Capshaw's character, or the shrill overacting of the redhead. (I don't even know her name.) I just wanted to see how Christina was leaving. After all the build up on the commercials, it was such a let down of an episode. :(

Last edited:
I hated the way Christina left too. I only came back to see Christina leave. as a PP said, I wanted to see her character through to the end. I DON'T need to see all the melodrama of Jessica Capshaw's character, or the shrill overacting of the redhead. (I don't even know her name.) I just wanted to see how Christina was leaving. After all the build up on the commercials, it was such a let down of an episode. :(

::yes::

I also hated the way Izzy just disappeared. Such a disappointment after so much great melodrama up to that point.

And his cell phone mysteriously had cell service again. :rolleyes:
Omg you're so right. I missed that! How ridiculous lol!

This episode was weird and I'm gonna agree with everyone who said it was weird meredith didn't call derek's family. The only parts I liked were derek talking in his head about the injuries cause that made it extra sad when he realized it was too late. I thought that was well done. Everything else was just... Lame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter