Green ears or other identifier?

NannyBeBe

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone still wears lime green ears or other identifier when they go to DLR?

I used to have a button I wore with my DIS user name on it, but haven't worn it in a few years.
I think I still have some lime green ribbons tied on some of my packs.
I haven't seen any one else wearing anything DIS like in several years either.

It has been a few years since the last time I really saw ribbons or ears. I saw one or two at the 24 hour party, but otherwise nothing. But, you could always start the revival.

I bought a couple lime green mickey luggage tags that have my handle. I never ran into anyone with lime green on when I went, but I've considered getting them for years.

I haven't seen any lime green mickey heads for a while :( But, we know "we" (disboarders) are out there in force, so we need to get this going again! That being said, 3 years ago, I was at DCA in line at TSMM the weekend of DisDivas, so I met a few lovely DisDivas then that had LGMHs.

I'll be there in 4 weeks. Maybe I'll make some LGMHs to use when I'm there :)

It's also kind of troublesome that they're lime green :D We're going for Gay Days and the green clashes terribly with the red - that being said, I'll probably wear it just our first day, then shelve it with all the red! ;D

It's also kind of troublesome that they're lime green :D We're going for Gay Days and the green clashes terribly with the red - that being said, I'll probably wear it just our first day, then shelve it with all the red! ;D

Nothing wrong with looking like a Christmas tree in October, right? Anyway, I have a LGMH and use it when I go, which is at least once a month. I'll be there during Gay Days, too, as a surprise for my mom. If anyone ever sees me, don't be afraid to say hi. I have 3 crazy kids, but I promise not to sic them on anyone.

Green Tags? More explanation please!!

Lime Green is the "official color" of the Dis. Dis Member use it to "find" each other in the park, so they ID each other to say Hi. Home Depot use to have a line of Disney Paints and many Dis'ers used these Mickey Ears paint chips to make ID tags.

I've still got a couple of LGMHs ( thanks home depot!) that I laminated years ago. I still attach one to my bag any time we go to a Disney park. I've met a couple of Disers over the years. Once was in Tokyo Disney. THAT totally floored me.

Lime Green is the "official color" of the Dis. Dis Member use it to "find" each other in the park, so they ID each other to say Hi. Home Depot use to have a line of Disney Paints and many Dis'ers used these Mickey Ears paint chips to make ID tags.

Ah thank you for the clarification! Sounds like they no longer carry it, but something the approximation should work. Now I am going to decorate our bags for the upcoming July trip, just in case.

Here is me wearing my DIS button ......DIS with meriweather under it. It was about 4 years ago.

I still wear my LGMH on my purse. It has a Disboards logo on one side and my screen name on the other. I've only seen one other person with one in line right in front of me at RSR a few years ago. If I saw someone with just a green ribbon, I wouldn't think to say anything. If I saw the LGMH, I would ask.

I still have a lime green button and lime green tags on my bags when I go to the Disney parks. I've met a few DISers over the years. :goodvibes

They have some great luggage tags on Etsy now. Back in the day you went and got the paint sample and laminated it/ hole punched it (which I never did). I really liked the option of something leather/vinyl, much easier and more hardy.

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=mickey luggage tag

If I saw someone with just a green ribbon, I wouldn't think to say anything

I feel similarly. It's been enough years now I'd probably flash a smile and my tag if I see someone else with a LGMH, but someone with just lime green on I'd probably just smile.

Several years ago they used to sell Mickey heads in all different colors in Frontierland and one of the colors was lime green. Don't know if they still do that or not.

I went to google and found a clip art image of a Mickey head. I will color it lime green and laminate it and attach it to my bag. Easy peasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter