Green Ears For Sale!!!!! Green clothes! Pictures

Well gosh. I'm really glad I logged on to Dis before getting Pirate_Apples on line.... If i had logged into VMK and seen those ears, I would have "click, buy, you bought" those ears in a heartbeat! But now I'm afraid if I get them, I'm going to be causing the blood of some fine Dis'ers and VMKers to boil and I don't really want to do that... :sad2:

Don't feel that way. It is a choice individuals make as a result of their experience. Just like voting in the Primary (woot PA in the hot seat tonight.) The choice is yours to make, don't let others opinions dictate it. That is what makes us each our own individuals. If we follow the masses, where would we be. Nowhere. Choose as you seem fit. :goodvibes

=\

I don't get all the controversy.

I like the ears, I'm buying them.. Simple as that.

Don't feel that way. It is a choice individuals make as a result of their experience. Just like voting in the Primary (woot PA in the hot seat tonight.) The choice is yours to make, don't let others opinions dictate it. That is what makes us each our own individuals. If we follow the masses, where would we be. Nowhere. Choose as you seem fit. :goodvibes

Exactly! I make DIS'ers mad all the time and I still enjoy my time in VMK.

Thanks for all the green, VMK! This stuff rules! :thumbsup2

I saw this thread this morning and wondered what my daughter would say about the ears. When she came home from school, I told her about it. Her response was, "Those ears are for the staff.". She has fond memories of Hula, Phinny, Lily, and even Bella in those ears. When VMK opened, she was a little too young to play alone, so we always sat together and played host games. I always had to compliment the host on their ears for my DD. Sadly, VMk has hurt her deeply this past month. First, the impossilbe Blackheart quest. Then, the announcement of the closing. Finally, the disrespect that the release of these ears brings to our dear hosts.

I can't fault anyone for wearing the ears. They are lovely. I blame the game. I guess it just means that the end is truly near. How sad it is. :sad1:

Well I do remember the host wearing the green ears! I can understand how the older players thining its wrong... it is sad..

But I also agree with sparrow ...that they thought they were doing something nice for everyone..I too would like to leave vmk focusing on the nice part ...

I agree. I think it was just a nice thing/gift to players.

And hugs to you as well. We are all having a tough time, aren't we? I think I really really thought our letters and phone calls would somehow matter. Seeing the green ears go for sale today slammed me into the reality that no one that has the ability to reverse the foolish decision seems to care. Hugs.

Actually, I still believe that we can save it. I don't think that Robert Iger made the decision to sell the green ears in VMK. :)

Keep the hope alive and keep fighting! :goodvibes

:sad: :sad: :sad: This answer breaks my heart more than any perceived slight against VMK staff. Someone who was just happy to have some green ears is made to feel sad because of other people's anger .. its all sounds very reminicent of the silver ears fiasco, where people wearing them were taunted as cheaters.

This was my first thought too when I seen this post.

When I found out that green ears were being sold, I was mostly in shock and a bit saddened. Green ears meant staff to anyone who played vmk for a while, and none of us ever wanted to see them sold.

Please speak for yourself. ;)

I remember the green ears as staff only.
I do have a lot of fond memories of staff wearing them and looking out for them in the game.
But after they changed to only the red ears, I've long since thought they should be sold.

Looking at the green ears just for themselves, you have to admit they have a lovely glow.

They were always very easy to spot in a room, as opposed to the red ears which I still have trouble seeing. (Sigh.)

It's harder to see these everywhere than I thought it would be. The old staff costume brings back memories of a more laid-back feel to the game. (Although I never thought that bare midriffs were very appropriate for staff in a children's game, and was glad when they changed to something more official-looking. ;))

Too many new releases..in so little time. It use to be just a weekend pin and some clothing peice or a furnish bit maybe. Here they are dropping out all these items to us, atleast their giving out credits too. But I would love it so much if we just had more time to keep these items. Wouldn't mind just getting a weekend pin every week, not at all.

Green ears are more then silly Earth Day hats, for the longest time they were recognized as the “staff ears” and it is not only sickening to me to see ten in each room I enter but it’s also a sign this truly might be the end of VMK.

for those who are holding out that vmk may still remain open and not close next month, just take a look at the AMOUNT of cool things they put out there today (and this weekend!), not just green hats....vmk is unloading all the things they have kept in the attic as a way of saying "thanks" to the players...the more stuff they keep pumping out for the players the more i am convinced vmk is gone May 21st.....

Please dont shoot me!! But since they released the green ears (which my son loves since green is his favorite color)...I hope they go ahead and release the blue ears...:scared:

Personally I'm not mad about green ears being re-released.
Ever since vmk staff has been wearing the red ears, players have been asking for green ears to be released. "hey your not using them anymore, can we have them?"
I bought a pair of green ears, and if blue come out i'll buy them too.

i like the green ears and if Blue,purple,red,yellow,pink,brown and bronze ears were relased i would look the other way. OR if the had a all ears quest giving ou every colour of ears.

P.S. Vmk is closing what do they? have to lose

Catch a lucky Host.. not wait a Leprechaun.. no.. a Player! I am digusted at the sale of Staff Green Ears. I am disgusted at Yavn for how he chooses to treat the staff that supported his game through all these years. Those ears always have been and always will be (in my heart at least) Staff only Ears. You, Yavn, who made sure that we all knew certian items would always be staff only. Those ears were one of those items. Shame on you for treating your staff this way. The employees who have worked countless hours and I dont even want to begin to imagine how many overtime hours they have put in without pay. So glad I would never have to work for someone so dang thoughtless as you.

What makes matters worse are the kids now going around saying they are staff. Like your moderation team doesn't have enough work to do keeping kids from sharing their personal info, now they have this? What in the world were you thinking? How thoughtless yet again of you.

When my kids questioned me about the ears and why they were selling them bc they too were upset they were on sale. I answered that it would be like a bunch of yavns running around on VMK. You can keep your ears, I wont be buying them. I refuse to wear something that has always been so special to staff and us. You should have named St.Patricks day the day of fools instead. I like many others sat in rooms busting at the seams to get a quick picture of a Host.i Leprechaun. I never did see one, but that day was filled with laughter and fun while we waited. Thanks for taking that away and shoving whats left of happy days down the drain.

And in case you dont think your choice to sell those ears did have an impact heres a pic for you :
falseyavnstaffqg4.jpg
Note to everyone: This picture is not staff nor yavn This was a picture done by me with loaned ears and shoes and purchased clothing.

A picture is worth a thousand words ... isn't it :mad:

littledragonerin has the pants :p

Personally I'm not mad about green ears being re-released.
Ever since vmk staff has been wearing the red ears, players have been asking for green ears to be released. "hey your not using them anymore, can we have them?"
I bought a pair of green ears, and if blue come out i'll buy them too.
I doubt blue ears will be released because producers wear them.

Ev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter