GREEN APPLE. A November Anniversary TR with too many photos! *update 12/19*

Thanks! My mom actually took a class when she got hers, and I've learnt a few things. I don't think I'll ever learn enough to take pictures as good as yours because I'm just doing it for fun, and there is a lot to learn to use these cameras properly!

You never know! I didn't think I would get so interested in photography, I just wanted a good camera, and certainly had no idea I would be starting a business with it, but it kind of morphed into it's own monster! :goodvibes Once you start playing with your camera and learning more and more, it gets a bit addicting...well, it did for me, maybe that's more a personality probem though! :rotfl:

I love HS all dressed up for Christmas! That is kinda cool that the tree mimicked the hat! Yeah, that lady jumping up to get off of the bus was just plain rude! And I agree about the running. It is really ridiculous! People can act like they have no manners whatsoever! I guess they don’t realize that it’s not necessary to RUSH all of the time :rolleyes: I’m glad you were enjoying your morning, though! I’m going to have to show my son the pictures of the cars when I get home. He loved the gold one, but I don’t remember seeing that red one :confused3 That’s a beautiful picture of it, though!

You are a trip report updating machine... :rotfl2: You must be typing away at the speed of sound...

Gorgeous, absolutely stunning photos...

Love all of your World Showcase and food thingy photos...;)

I agree about the whole TSM... every man, woman and child for themselves stampede...:confused3 There is something incredibly un Disney like about the whole thing... It's time to get some perspective people... It's a cute ride but it isn't worth getting hurt or hurting someone else for...

That's a really cute Santa Mickey holding Duffy... I'm not a big Duffy fan... but I might make an exception for that...

WASN'T THE WAFFLE FROM BELGIUM PRETTY MUCH THE BEST THING ON THE PLANET????????

(Sorry for yelling. But I loved it just as much as you seemed to as well!!)

Love your evening photos of Epcot!! Too bad Rey's back was acting up!

Ugh, I hate the people RUNNING for TSM. :confused3

I love HS all dressed up for Christmas! That is kinda cool that the tree mimicked the hat! Yeah, that lady jumping up to get off of the bus was just plain rude! And I agree about the running. It is really ridiculous! People can act like they have no manners whatsoever! I guess they don’t realize that it’s not necessary to RUSH all of the time :rolleyes: I’m glad you were enjoying your morning, though! I’m going to have to show my son the pictures of the cars when I get home. He loved the gold one, but I don’t remember seeing that red one :confused3 That’s a beautiful picture of it, though!

The red one was off Sunset Blvd on the right, near where the bathrooms are. Very cool, one of the CM's came up to us and told us all about it (some really neat stuff about the car...which I now have forgotten! Ack!)

You are a trip report updating machine... :rotfl2: You must be typing away at the speed of sound...

Gorgeous, absolutely stunning photos...

Love all of your World Showcase and food thingy photos...;)

I agree about the whole TSM... every man, woman and child for themselves stampede...:confused3 There is something incredibly un Disney like about the whole thing... It's time to get some perspective people... It's a cute ride but it isn't worth getting hurt or hurting someone else for...

That's a really cute Santa Mickey holding Duffy... I'm not a big Duffy fan... but I might make an exception for that...

I do have the tendency to update my TR's fast and then get bummed out when I finish too quickly! You think I would learn from this, but NOPE! Another one is coming right up! It's the OCD I have...just have to FINISH everything. :rotfl2:

WASN'T THE WAFFLE FROM BELGIUM PRETTY MUCH THE BEST THING ON THE PLANET????????

(Sorry for yelling. But I loved it just as much as you seemed to as well!!)

Love your evening photos of Epcot!! Too bad Rey's back was acting up!

Ugh, I hate the people RUNNING for TSM. :confused3

It was CRAZYGOOD! Seriously, I usually make fun of Rey b/c he loves waffles (NO CLUE why he didn't get one???) and tell him that pancakes are way better...but this thing was amazing. It was the best waffle I've ever had. Yep. Now my mouth is watering. :p

We moseyed around the rest of the stores in DHS for a while and I continued to take pics (surprise, surprise...this TR is just FULL of unexpected stuff, right????) :rolleyes:

ReyKarenAKL1297.jpg

A not-so-great photo...I never seem to get great pics in front of the hat? Why is that?
ReyKarenAKL1298.jpg

That wide angle lens finally came in REALLY handy, they have that UGLY stage permanently in front of the hat now, but with the wide angle lens I was able to get right up on the side of it and get a nice shot without the stage!
ReyKarenAKL1299.jpg

The theatre as well!
ReyKarenAKL1300.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1301.jpg

A little more shopping, I found a really cute "couture" Cindy shirt for Savannah (her favorite Princess) in this store
ReyKarenAKL1302.jpg

and believe it or not, we headed back towards the entrance! :confused3 I guess we could have done Muppets or something, but Rey seemed to just enjoy walking around at this point and I knew that sitting for periods wasn't really making his back feel good either, so I was just trying to go with the flow at this point. Took a few more shots near the entrance!
ReyKarenAKL1303.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1304.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1305.jpg

I'm sure at this point you are starting to notice the "cool" lens flare in some of my shots. It is a cool effect that happens sometimes, especially with wide angle lenses, but I was starting to get annoyed with it. I was getting lens flare in a TON of shots and it was hard to avoid at this time of day with where the sun was.

ReyKarenAKL1306.jpg

and we headed to the boat to head over to Epcot! It was only 10something!
ReyKarenAKL1307.jpg

I know, it seems crazy, BUT, this was just a different kind of trip. I loved taking in all the little details and just looking around. In past trips we are rushing (but not running!) by everything to hit rides and there are so many other things to explore at WDW. It was actually really fun to leave as the crowds were headed into DHS. The boat ride was romantic and relaxing, we sat outside in the back.
ReyKarenAKL1308.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1309.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1310.jpg

We decided it would be fun to get off at Beach Club and walk over to Epcot! Rey had ALWAYS said he would never stay at Beach Club b/c it was full of "stuffy" people...and has since lost his love of Boardwalk Inn as well b/c of that, but once we got off the boat, he had a change of heart!!

ReyKarenAKL1312.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1313.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1314.jpg

ReyKarenAKL1315.jpg

I'm not sure if it was b/c of the beach, the amazing pool, or the people in the area who were NOT all dressed up (this has always been his observance at BWI and the reason that he assumes it's stuffy) but we hadn't made it halfway to Epcot when he started talking about STAYING at Beach Club on our next family trip?!?!? WHAT???? :lmao: I found this extremely amusing, but I'm thinking BC is out of our price range, it's more to rent points there (for a family of 5) than AKL...and right now I'm in LOVE with AKL, so I wasn't thrilled with his suggestion, but I indulged him.

Up next, we arrive at the International Gateway!

I absolutely love HS so this one was one of my favorite updates! Your pictures are AMAZING and I love the lens flare thingy myself. I'm probably going to have to add some of your pics to my trip report, with your permission, of course. I'm sorry that Rey's back was not doing so great this time, but it did give you that "no rush" feeling, which is a blessing at times! If ever we had the money, I would love to stay at the Beach Club. Heck, just for Stormalong Bay itself!! :beach:

I absolutely love HS so this one was one of my favorite updates! Your pictures are AMAZING and I love the lens flare thingy myself. I'm probably going to have to add some of your pics to my trip report, with your permission, of course. I'm sorry that Rey's back was not doing so great this time, but it did give you that "no rush" feeling, which is a blessing at times! If ever we had the money, I would love to stay at the Beach Club. Heck, just for Stormalong Bay itself!! :beach:

Sure Ann, go ahead and use them...just give me credit! ;) I have no idea when/if there will be another trip for us now. I'm going with Savannah, but Rey wants to take the boys to Europe ($$$) which is going to take a few years to save for, so I'm thinking after my trip with Savannah, it's going to be quite a while until I go again. WAH!!!!!!!!!! :sad2:

Hey,
I love the Animal Kingdom Lodge when dawn comes around cause the environment is so peaceful and relaxing. I love the pictures that you have posted so far and also love reading about how your trip went. Can't wait to hear more about it :-)

I want to bring you on my trip to take pictures for me hahaha I love the BC pics - we have talked about staying there at some point, it is so beautiful :) Our last few trips have been much more relaxed like you said. It is really nice to take it all in. We don't feel the need to rush and ram and do *everything* because we have done most of it before and we know that we will go back at some point.

More amazing pictures! I love BC because it looks snooty, but it really isn’t! I fell in love with it the first time I took my kids to WDW. We walked around a bit after our dinner at Cape May Café and we just loved the grounds and the kids loved the “beach”. I’d like to stay there with the kids one day, but I have to do AKL, Contempo, GF and the Poly first! Where am I going to get all of this money? :confused3 :lmao: In the meantime, I’ll just look at your pictures and dream… I’m looking forward to taking a relaxing trip like yours one day. Right now, we’re still in the pack-it-all-in, gotta-see-and-do-everything mode since the kids have only been twice. It must have been wonderful to take the time to just soak up all of the little details! :goodvibes

Hey,
I love the Animal Kingdom Lodge when dawn comes around cause the environment is so peaceful and relaxing. I love the pictures that you have posted so far and also love reading about how your trip went. Can't wait to hear more about it :-)

Yes! You described it so well! It looks like your trip is coming up fast! 43 days?!?!? :thumbsup2

I want to bring you on my trip to take pictures for me hahaha I love the BC pics - we have talked about staying there at some point, it is so beautiful :) Our last few trips have been much more relaxed like you said. It is really nice to take it all in. We don't feel the need to rush and ram and do *everything* because we have done most of it before and we know that we will go back at some point.

It was really nice to not worry about what I was missing. I will say that it was much easier for me b/c I kept reminding myself that in a few months I was headed back with Savannah for our mother/daughter trip and we would do ALL the rides and things that I didn't do with Rey. BUT...I think with Savannah I will be a little more commando only b/c we have NO future trips planned at all (well, unless you count the one for Savannah's 16th bday, but that's in 4 years!!!!) :scared1:

More amazing pictures! I love BC because it looks snooty, but it really isn’t! I fell in love with it the first time I took my kids to WDW. We walked around a bit after our dinner at Cape May Café and we just loved the grounds and the kids loved the “beach”. I’d like to stay there with the kids one day, but I have to do AKL, Contempo, GF and the Poly first! Where am I going to get all of this money? :confused3 :lmao: In the meantime, I’ll just look at your pictures and dream… I’m looking forward to taking a relaxing trip like yours one day. Right now, we’re still in the pack-it-all-in, gotta-see-and-do-everything mode since the kids have only been twice. It must have been wonderful to take the time to just soak up all of the little details! :goodvibes

I liked it, but as you will see in my TR, we went back again one night and when I explored a bit, it felt kind of..."old" to me? Like dated old? I don't know. I liked the exterior, but I wasn't in love with the interior. I don't think we'll be able to afford to stay there for quite a while or unless it's another solo trip, so it probably doesn't matter! :p

Yay for Rey feeling the Beach Club love!!!! I love that whole Epcot resort area! :love:
I think I might stay in a SHACK in the Epcot area, just b/c I LOVE LOVE LOVE walking to Epcot! I did really love looking across the water at Boardwalk, that was new, in the past we have spent time on the Boardwalk, so it's new to be able to see Boardwalk from afar, I loved the lights at night (more on that later!)

Amazing pictures, as usual! :thumbsup2
We love Beach Club! I've never thought of it as stuffy (I think Yacht Club is more stuffy feeling but I actually love YC, too. Then again, we're New Yorkers so probably a little more used to people dressing up for restaurants and stuff.) The negative to BCV is that a family of 5 needs a TWO bedroom villa. At Kidani a family of 5 can stay in a ONE bedroom villa. Now I LOVE having 2 bedrooms because Zachary is a pain in the neck at bedtime and talks himself to sleep. In August we had him sleeping on the sofa bed in the living room so he didn't drive his older siblings crazy! ::yes::

Amanda

HEY! It's Sam from the Nov FB group! Fantastic pictures. SO beautiful!
And I love all the cocktails ;) and now that I see your TR I realize that I commented on your PTR :rotfl:

Can't wait for some more food & wine. So far there hasn't been a single overlap in food between my trip and yours! (except griddled cheese. holy cow was it good)

Finally caught up!

I would love to stay at BC. I think it's so pretty and a great resort-heavy or resort-only trip place to stay. I have stayed at BWV (with the team for the half) and it was super fun and not stuffy. Oh course, we were 7 strong, taking over the hot tub with our red cups...so maybe we just didn't notice stuffy? :drinking1

I was at HRH (Universal) in Oct and we mostly did that as a resort trip, just in and out of the parks like you did this time. So relaxing and totally different! We kind of do that with the team, too - we are not super ride heavy but we do tend to run to attractions, or rather we send E to run for FPs and we mosey.:rotfl:

So I have you beat on shortest DHS visit - it was Jan 09, and I was at Boardwalk with my BFF. Had to do a 5 mile training walk for the Princess, so while on the phone with E, I walked to DHS, went in, walked around to the Muppets, and back out to get the miles in! True story! :lmao:

How many days of park passes did you have? Each day you were there?

I hope everyone feels better!!!

Amanda

Thanks Amanda! On the mend today, but now I'm playing catchup!

Finally caught up!

I would love to stay at BC. I think it's so pretty and a great resort-heavy or resort-only trip place to stay. I have stayed at BWV (with the team for the half) and it was super fun and not stuffy. Oh course, we were 7 strong, taking over the hot tub with our red cups...so maybe we just didn't notice stuffy? :drinking1

I was at HRH (Universal) in Oct and we mostly did that as a resort trip, just in and out of the parks like you did this time. So relaxing and totally different! We kind of do that with the team, too - we are not super ride heavy but we do tend to run to attractions, or rather we send E to run for FPs and we mosey.:rotfl:

So I have you beat on shortest DHS visit - it was Jan 09, and I was at Boardwalk with my BFF. Had to do a 5 mile training walk for the Princess, so while on the phone with E, I walked to DHS, went in, walked around to the Muppets, and back out to get the miles in! True story! :lmao:

How many days of park passes did you have? Each day you were there?

We were there 3 nights but only did 2 day hoppers. Our arrival day we just went to Sanaa and DTD, it would have been about $140 just for a few hours more in the parks and we thought that would be better spent elsewhere!

I can just see you Goddesses with your red cups! :lmao: I'm not sure how I'm going to get my miles up when it seems that more than 3 they start to flare, but mark my word...I WILL do the Princess at some point in the near future! Heck, I didn't think I would ever be able to do 3 miles again, so maybe I can build up my miles in time! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter