• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Greek Isles

Ptwolfman

Mouseketeer from CA
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before I searched & came up empty. On the Med Cruises, do you just stop in the Greek Isles or do you cruise them? Thanks for your help

Thank you. I'm hoping to get to cruise the isles. It's been my DWs dream. She wants to view them from the water.

You stop in Greek Ports, our cruise stops in Athens on the mainland and Mykanos an island, others go to Rhodes and Crete, if you go yo Rhodes do travel down to Lindos I think the most beautifull place in Europe.

You stop in Greek Ports, our cruise stops in Athens agree em the mainland and Mykanos an island, others go to Rhodes and Crete, if you go yo Rhodes do travel down to Lindos I think the most beautifull place in Europe.

Did you do an excursion in Rhodes? I will be there in June and am looking for ideas about what to do. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Did you do an excursion in Rhodes? I will be there in June and am looking for ideas about what to do. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I have had holidays on Rhodes about six times it's my favourite place I normally stay in Lindos and drive a hire car around the whole island so been everywhere.

The West coast has the beaches, Falaraki the closest to Rhodes then down to Lindos which has a fantastic circled and nearly enclosed bay, East side beaches are pebbles and windy and under the airport flight path.

The ship will dock in the port of the old town of Rhodes, it's a walled city with history and a great market for shopping, lots of restaurants so if people do not want to travel it's a great day out, the modern city is around it

You can get to Lindos by Small boat craft, ( long and rough) or taxi, or bus, or hire car. I would say Taxi as there fast and go into the town square of Lindos, Lindos overall bans traffic bar donkeys and small motorbikes through its town bar the town sq. Tour coaches will park at the top of a hill and you walk down a very busy road with Little payments and bends.

Public buses park in the town sq, but run about once an hour and are often full.

Lindos has a quaint old town of whitewall small villas and narrow walkways with old fashioned shops, selling everything including good value clothes and leather, the rooftop restaurants have brilliant views and great food.

The town has Unesco heritage status.

Down below the town is an impressive beach, semi circular around a bay that's a natural harbour and shallow warm water to swim in which is very clear bar where the Rhodes boats come in to a pier on the right.

Above the town is a stunning Acropolis, a lot of it the walls and sides still there some of it on top is still there and it's only second to the Acropolis of Athens. Views there if the town the main bay and St Paul's bay are to die for, stunning blue water and little boats and coves.

To get to the acropolis you can walk, do this early am as it will be hot, or get donkeys from the town sq to take you, many do it's cheap and fun, you could do donkey one way and walk the easy route back. Many ladies will be selling handcrafts on the way down, leather is local some clothing imported.

Lindos is an hour drive down from Rhodes town by a generally good road, dual carriageway bar the big hills and fast and smooth with good views.

There are other places to see but few are worth it.

Do not go to Symi by boat it's a long hot trip and Rhodes is far better.

Do not go to a Rhodes town beach there not nice.

Valley of the butterflies is good but it's more of a nature walk as most butterflies have gone due to too many tourists.

Go to Lindos the Acropolis, the beach, shopping in town, maybe a small bots rise to St Paul's bay and the cliffs where the film Guns of Naverone was filmed.

If you ever think about what a traditional and historic Greek island town is, you will think of Lindos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter