• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Greece Trip Booked-Some Questions

In case it's not clear by now I am a super planner, so I have a question for those who've done this trip before or anyone whose flown Aegean Air. For the internal flights, do they use those tiny planes where if your carry-on has wheels it gets automatically gate-checked? I prefer to keep my carry on with me, so we're just trying to decide if we want to do rolling carry-ons, duffles, or one of each. There are some things that I don't mind having stored below the plane and others like medications that I prefer to keep overhead. Any insight would be much appreciated!

It's getting close!!! Any last minute tips for things you'd wish you brought or had not brought would be most appreciated as well. I'm going to try to download the Rick Steves app for the museum in Athens as that will be a nice addition to just walking around.

We need a daypack one day, right? The one we go kayaking? I have a very lightweight backpack I may consider bringing to use for that. It;s not big though, so some idea of what we need to put in it would be great.

In case it's not clear by now I am a super planner, so I have a question for those who've done this trip before or anyone whose flown Aegean Air. For the internal flights, do they use those tiny planes where if your carry-on has wheels it gets automatically gate-checked? I prefer to keep my carry on with me, so we're just trying to decide if we want to do rolling carry-ons, duffles, or one of each. There are some things that I don't mind having stored below the plane and others like medications that I prefer to keep overhead. Any insight would be much appreciated!

It's getting close!!! Any last minute tips for things you'd wish you brought or had not brought would be most appreciated as well. I'm going to try to download the Rick Steves app for the museum in Athens as that will be a nice addition to just walking around.

We need a daypack one day, right? The one we go kayaking? I have a very lightweight backpack I may consider bringing to use for that. It;s not big though, so some idea of what we need to put in it would be great.

The internal flight with Aegean Air in our trip, I think was chaotic. That is one of the things I will ask sayhello if its improved since after our trip, which was the first official family trip, we have not heard of updates from subsequent travelers. Anyway, the plane is not that small. It has six seats per row and you can take your carry on. Just be very particular about luggage weight and number of carry on bags.

You can bring a day pack on kayak day, like dry clothes. They will handle it for you as you kayak and I think you get your things back once you reach the island. Right after the island tour, you go straight to lunch.

The internal flight with Aegean Air in our trip, I think was chaotic. That is one of the things I will ask sayhello if its improved since after our trip, which was the first official family trip, we have not heard of updates from subsequent travelers. Anyway, the plane is not that small. It has six seats per row and you can take your carry on. Just be very particular about luggage weight and number of carry on bags.

You can bring a day pack on kayak day, like dry clothes. They will handle it for you as you kayak and I think you get your things back once you reach the island. Right after the island tour, you go straight to lunch.

Our flight on Aegean was actually very calm and easy. I think they must have worked it out by the time we went (last July). Disney had worked out the baggage thing so it was no problem (however, my family travels light) and yes, I agree with Tufbuf, the plane was big with excellent service. We did have to collect our own luggage at bag claim and take it out to the bus but carts were available.

As for the daypack, I brought a sundress to through over my bathing suit. There was a place to change but it was not luxurious! ABD will take your daypack over on the bus so you don't have it with you in the Kayak. We did not bring much (didn't need to) and I would advise as little as possible. Spinalonga is AMAZING and you don't want to be lugging a bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter