• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Greece or alpine Adventure??

vacationgrl

Earning My Ears
Planning my first ABD trip for next summer with my 16 year old daughter. My husband won't be joining us on this trip....

Can't decide which trip would be best fit. Is 16 too old for ABD? I assume shes too old for junior adventurer activities... Will she hang with adults?

Input from veterans welcome!!

We did both this year and you can check out the stickies under trip report. 16 is not too old for an ABD, nor is any age! It's probably perfect for either trips. I find the Greece trip more strenuous than the Alpine Magic. The latter involves a lot more sightseeing. The most active day is the zip lining but it's the most fun as well.

We had an age range of 8 to about 16 on our ABD Greek Odyssey. The kids bonded really well and did not want to be around the adults(even the older ones). The kids always sat at the kids table for meals and sat together in the back of the bus. Most of the children on these tours are more mature than your average child because of the type of traveling they do. Your 16 year old should be fine. She can hang out with the adults if she wants to; however, I don't think she will want to once she meets the other Junior Adventurers.

You can also call ABD to find out what the age is of the children on the trip you plan to do. Several of the parents said they did that to make sure there child would have someone close to their age to bond with.

We just took my 15 year old daughter on the Enchanted China trip and there were 3 other 15 year olds on with us. Had the same experience from South Africa trip 2 years ago. She has friends all over the country now and has truly enjoyed the trips. There were times when she did the Junior Adventure activities and times when the teenagers stayed with the adults. The guides always give them the option to do the junior activities. I would highly recommend you go. Honestly it is probably the best age because they understand things a little more. I always call Disney and they give the ages of kids on the trip. Usually within a day or two the kids are hanging out with the others and you have to beg them to even sit at the same dinner table as you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter