Greco-Roman Math?

eeyore kelly

<font color=purple>I hate thinking I can sleep unt
Every summer we (me, DS-17, and DD-14) pick out a series of books to read and do activities around. This year we have picked Percy Jackson. I always try to incorporate as many mediums and subjects as possible.

Extended Lit: Greek Mythology
Movie: Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief, Clash of the Titans
Art: Greek and Roman Art
History: Greco-Roman History
Science: The science/experimentation of growing things and/or the marine science
Math has me stumped. I just can not think of anything fun or interesting. Roman Numerals are out my kids have had them already. Math is all three of our weakest subjects. Any ideas?

there is a lot of math involved with greco/roman architecture. that could be very interesting to look further into. I would think geometry in general would be a great add on (pythagoras anyone?). even if they've studied it in the past, it could be fun to see it applied in real life, and if math skills tend to be weak, well, all the better to reinforce them.

wow, did not even think about that. Maybe that is why math is our weakest subject. DS has to take geometry next year. The architecture just begs for a field trip or two.

there is a lot of math involved with greco/roman architecture. that could be very interesting to look further into. I would think geometry in general would be a great add on (pythagoras anyone?). even if they've studied it in the past, it could be fun to see it applied in real life, and if math skills tend to be weak, well, all the better to reinforce them.

Agree about geometry! There's a "fun" online caching series that my son has to do for school: http://mathbits.com/ There's a geometry caching activity.

A field trip to the Parthanon in Nashville, TN would be a great tie in. We went several years ago and loved it.

Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter