Greatest Gay and Lesbian movies?

Another fun (although corny and VERY dirty) gay movie is "Another Gay Movie." Think "American Pie" with gay men and dirtier :rotfl:

It's very funny though!

I love the title song Another Gay Sunshine Day.
:lmao:

saving face - two chinese women & their relationship, plus a lot of chinese american cultural issues and parent/child relationships
imagine me & you - a woman falls in love at first sight w/ a woman as she walks down the aisle to marry a man
the film fest sounds great, i know philly has a pretty big gay & lesbian film fest, the website should have some good leads as well.

I liked this one, but probably because my fave Brit actor of all times, a young Rupert Graves, is in it

Maurice...
also liked Different for Girls.. he was in that one too...

I am not sure you would consider them great though???

It's very funny though!

I love the title song Another Gay Sunshine Day.
:lmao:

Sung by the legendary Miss Nancy Sinatra!:worship:

And don't forget James from Boy Meets Boy and Noah (Darryl can't think of his last name) from Noah's Arc are in the film too!:yay:

Jon

Interestingly enough, AfterElton.com just released their list of the 50 greatest gay movies of all time. Check it out here.

No idea if AfterEllen has a similar list in the works.

I have to agree with:
Bound
Another Gay Movie
But I'm A Cheerleader
Better Than Chocolate

And just because I love Margret Cho...Bam Bam and Celeste
She actually plays her mother in the movie...

don't know if this one was shown outside the UK: 'Clapham Junction'. It was made for Channel 4 and I (Mark) was an extra in it! I was a guest at a gay wedding, and if you have seen it, I was seen in the ceremony and then a few times during the reception and then at the end I was seen slow dancing rather drunkenly (it was only acting) with another guy behind the couple who had got married.

Tragic as it was.... The Childrens Hour with Shirley Maclaine and Audrey Hepburn. A true classic!

Also, The Fox, Sandy Dennis and Kier Dullea. I never was a big Sandy Dennis fan, but she is truly pathetic in this one.

One that I'm surprised often gets overlooked is Saving Face.. I much preferred it to Imagine Me and You, which came out around the same time I think. It does focus heavily on the Asian culture as well, but I've always enjoyed it quite a bit.

Since it's getting to be that time of year, in the horror genre, I'm gonna rec two pretty bad movies, but their lesbian content propelled me to buy them both on dvd. There is cheese factor, absolutely. But the chemistry is actually pretty good. One is 5ive Girls and the other is Hallow's End. So let the mocking commence on me now lol

don't know if this one was shown outside the UK: 'Clapham Junction'. It was made for Channel 4 and I (Mark) was an extra in it! I was a guest at a gay wedding, and if you have seen it, I was seen in the ceremony and then a few times during the reception and then at the end I was seen slow dancing rather drunkenly (it was only acting) with another guy behind the couple who had got married.

HOLY COW! A Celebrity amongst us!!!! :cool2:

A friend who works for a local arts organization (Real Art Ways) is presenting this documentary...may be worth looking in to for your group. (Real Art Ways is an alternative multidisciplinary arts organization that presents and supports contemporary artists and their work, facilitates the creation of new work, and creatively engages, builds, and informs audiences and communities.

Chris and Don (a documentary)
This is one of those legendary but true L.A. stories that confounds the city's cliched Tinseltown image, and "Chris & Don: A Love Story" is well-attuned to this, focusing on the texture and sweetness of a particularly beguiling real-life gay love saga. The 20 year love affair between writer Christopher Isherwood (who wrote the memoir that was the basis of Cabaret) and celebrated American portrait artist Don Bachardy, who Isherwood met (and seduced) when Bachardy was in his teens. Made with gentle grace and sensitivity by Guido Santi and Tina Mascara, the film has a rich supply of archival and home movie material, showing the heady life in Weimar Berlin that drew Isherwood like a moth to a flame, and inspired his classic "Berlin Stories". He fled Germany during the Nazi rise, and landed in Manhattan alongside the brilliant poet and pal W. H. Auden (also seen in rare homemovie glimpses). Isherwood soon moved to Los Angeles, where he met Bachardy, as well as a dazzling cultural circle including Igor Stravinsky and Aldous Huxley. Michael York, who played the Isherwood character in Cabaret, narrates with perfect pitch.

I remember one I loved largely for how beautiful the photography in it was. It was "When Night Is Falling." The hang gliders in it fascinated me too.

Sordid Lives (for fun)

I've been hooked on this TV show on LOGO. The death of Billy Goat had me cracking up.

And then there's the "That'll happen about the time I start shooting silver dollars out of my ***." :rotfl:

Howard's End-
Wait that's not a gay movie :eek:
But maybe it should be.

Lets redo it-
OrlandoMike's End
There - that would be tre gay! :lmao:

Howard's End -- an awesome movie and also a pretty smack-dab on allegory for Hegelian dialectic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter