Great Women's Walking/Athletic Shoes

I second the Skechers Shape Ups. I have plantar fascitis and just had surgery on my right foot and am still in a cast. I wore my Shape Ups to Epcot back in Nov. I wouldn't have been able to tolerate walking all day without them, It also helps my back and knees. Just make sure you get used to them before your trip. I ordered a new pair from Kohls a couple weeks ago with the 30% off they were around $63. You can't enjoy the parks if your feet hurt. :eek:

I'm a big fan of Easy Spirit walking shoes. I've gone through a few pairs of those happily. They're a bit pricy, but they last forever.

I've recently switched to the Champion branded knock-off versions of the Shape-Ups and Reebok balance ball ones, and they're not bad. I like the Reebok-like ones the best I think, the Shape-Up-like ones make me over-pronate even more than normal for some reason. But, they were really cheap at Payless, so they're a great option for running around town. Both pairs are coming with me on our upcoming Disney trip, so I can switch styles every day. Fair warning though, they seem to both run a bit small, which is a bit of a problem if you're like me and have big feet and fewer options.

Sketchers Shape Ups - I just got back from the week before Christmas at WDW. Shape ups were wonderful. I took two pair and alternated daily. I teach in Shape ups so my feet are used to them. An extra advantage is that they come up higher on the back of the heel and even protected the skin on my heel when I was "clipped by a stroller" a couple of times.

I would also recommend going to a professional running/walking shoe store. My favorite is Running room. They will listen to what your needs are and then ask you to walk so they can see how your foot lands and moves and then recommend a few shoes perfect for you.
I personally LOVE my Nike Pegasus, but just because they are great for me doesn't mean they will work for you.
\it only takes about 10 minutes but you will learn so much about your feet and you will love it.
Also...you may want to buy a half size to a full size larger as your feet will swell if you are on them all day.
Good luck!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter