Great wolf lodge

fchoppa

Earning My Ears
A new Great Wolf Lodge just opened near us. They are having a grand opening sale of 30% off. I have 3 kids but they are older 17,15, and 11. Does anyone know if the lodge good for older kids or is it mostly geared to younger kids?

The water park is fun for the whole family , but I've found the lodge activities to be geared toward younger kids and are pricey. We went when my teens were about your ages. We found one night to be a fun getaway.

I have younger kids but we all love Great Wolf Lodge. I think anyone can have fun there since the main attraction is the water park. The other stuff is nice for little kids (especially since preschoolers can't ride the majority of the slides) but we go for the water slides which are geared to the entire family. I think you and your kids would have a wonderful time. :thumbsup2

I agree with PP that most of the lodge activities are geared for younger kids. However, the water park is a lot of fun for everyone. Definitely a fun weekend getaway. And for 30% off, even better. We just did a weekend trip to GWL a few weeks ago and about broke the bank. I said for the price, I'd have rather gone to WDW! :goodvibes

We are frequent visitors of the GWL in Niagara Falls. We went for the first time when our DS was in 7th grade. He's now 18, and its STILL the place he requests to stay when we visit the Niagara region. We're booked for the end of June to celebrate his graduation and DH's birthday, and again for Christmas week.

Many of the activities will not appeal....the story time, the Wolf Walk, the Cub Club, the Scoops kids spa. But we all (DH & I included) love the waterpark, the outdoor waterpark (with the poolside DJ), the mini golf, the arcade, and the dining options (their buffet is excellent).

We live near the Grapevine, TX location and we often go up for meals. It is a fun place to go and eat without staying on property, but we have stayed on properly once with my 7 year old nephew. The water park was fun for him for about 3-4 hours, then we played wizard quest for 2 more hours, and after that all that interested him was the arcade for a couple more hours. We spent money for an entire weekend, and he was bored and ready to go home after our first night. He didn't have any interest in any of the activities that were offered in our time there, he thought they were all for "Kindergarten" or "Babies". I'm not sure that GWL offers enough thrill slides and fun activities for your older kids, but it might be fun to try a night and see what they think since you have a discount!

My 13 & 9 year old boys love going there!!!!! We've been twice. We usually split it with another family to make the price better. They love the water slides but their favorite thing to do is the Magic quest game! We only stay one night but they would love to stay a second!

Our High School Band returned from the Great Wolf Williamsburg on Sunday and said "it was fantastic". They had a blast at the water park and the arcade. It might help that they were all together but they didn't act like it was too young for them!

Thanks everyone! I think we are going to try it one night when school gets out.

The water park is fun, but it's on the small side compared to outdoor versions. I wouldn't stay more than a couple days unless you had other interests in the area to occupy part of your time.

I think your kids would enjoy it, if they like hanging around together. My teens only like it when they go with friends. The buffet at the one we go to in PA is GROSS and expensive.

DEpends on the GWL.

There are 2 near us. One in Sandusky Ohio the other near Cincinnati Ohio.

The GWL in Sandusky is very small. Both my kids ( 10,15) would be bored in an hour.

The GWL in Cincinnati is much larger with better slides. They love the Mason Ohio location hands down.

Of course nothing beats Kalahari! :rolleyes:

The GWL by us in the Dells is geared to younger kids, so we don't go there anymore.

Kalahari is our first choice.

I think your kids would enjoy it, if they like hanging around together. My teens only like it when they go with friends. The buffet at the one we go to in PA is GROSS and expensive.

The food in Williamsburg is awful too:( the quick serve place in the park is painfully slow and the quality is awful. The buffet is expensive. They did just get a Dunkin donuts.

My kids like GwL but they seem to like magiquest more than the water park. And the rooms in Williamsburg are very musty smelling.

My parents have a nice indoor water park near them in northern Michigan where we can go for the afternoon which is pretty reasonable.

DEpends on the GWL.

There are 2 near us. One in Sandusky Ohio the other near Cincinnati Ohio.

The GWL in Sandusky is very small. Both my kids ( 10,15) would be bored in an hour.

The GWL in Cincinnati is much larger with better slides. They love the Mason Ohio location hands down.

Of course nothing beats Kalahari! :rolleyes:

The GWL by us in the Dells is geared to younger kids, so we don't go there anymore.

Kalahari is our first choice.

Looks like they are opening a Kalahari in the Poconos next year. What do you prefer there over GWL? Just wondering what our options will be.
Donna

Looks like they are opening a Kalahari in the Poconos next year. What do you prefer there over GWL? Just wondering what our options will be. Donna

Kalahari is simply put bigger and better and a more appealing theme to us (child is 10). They have a great area for the little ones but it seems like you could have at least 2 Great Wolf lodge water parks inside Kalahari. Kalahari does sell day passes and Great Wolf does not. At times school groups come but it has never bothered us

Kalahari is simply put bigger and better and a more appealing theme to us (child is 10). They have a great area for the little ones but it seems like you could have at least 2 Great Wolf lodge water parks inside Kalahari. Kalahari does sell day passes and Great Wolf does not. At times school groups come but it has never bothered us

Thank you for the information. Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter