Great Wolf Lodge ???

I live 10 minutes from GWL and Kings Island.

I would DEFINITELy skip the Newport Aquarium and do Kings Island instead. You can buy tickets ONLINE for $35 without any discounts, and like someone previously posted - Krogers always has coupons and discounts (check into buying tickets there). You can also do the waterpark at Kings island, which is amazing.

$35 adult tickets online:
http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/admission/index.cfm

I have WANTED to do GWL for so long now, but like you said, $500 for us for a night (since we have at least a party of 6, 8 if my parents came) - is just ridiculous.

Have you looked into Coco Key? They don't make you stay the night and you can enjoy their hotel water park by paying an admission as well. Looks like a day pass is $19.99:
https://tickets.cocokeycincinnati.com/mainstore.asp

Still, the best option is Kings Island - even at the $35 price. It's a HUGE theme park with a waterpark addition and you definitely won't be able to do everything in one day there.

Hey thanks for that tip...I'm not the OP but I am driving down to Cincy with DBF from Boston on Friday for the week and we're going to King's Island and the zoo on the days we aren't spending with his family. We'll have to check out the Kroger's around the county they live in (Clermont I think? It's so strange how everyone out that way actually refers to where they live as a county...I know the name of their county but not the one I live in LOL)

Man I can't wait to go to Cincy and binge on DBF's fast food childhood memories HAHAHA. I seriously think we eat fast food every day and then he takes home a whole cooler full of frozen Skyline Chili...he say's the mix from the packets just isn't the same and neither is the canned lol

Does anyone know where one can get discounted zoo tickets? OP sorry if I'm hijacking your thread :P

definitely look into getting tickets for the Zoo or Kings Island outside the Cincinnati area. I have friends who have told me that they were able to purchase greatly discounted Kings Island tickets in Indianapolis and Columbus. I guess incentive to make the drive to Cincinnati. I haven't seen discounts as cheap as that around here, although Krogers routinely does offer $5 off (and sometimes LaRosa pizza boxes have Kings Island coupons on them too).

definitely look into getting tickets for the Zoo or Kings Island outside the Cincinnati area. I have friends who have told me that they were able to purchase greatly discounted Kings Island tickets in Indianapolis and Columbus. I guess incentive to make the drive to Cincinnati. I haven't seen discounts as cheap as that around here, although Krogers routinely does offer $5 off (and sometimes LaRosa pizza boxes have Kings Island coupons on them too).

Thanks for the tip. We're going to drive through almost literally the whole length of Ohio coming from Boston so I'll make sure that we stop at one a few hours north of Cincinnati.

Also oh man, LaRosas. Thanks for reminding me about more junk food I am doomed to eat the entire week LOL. Skyline, White Castle, Chick fil a, Steak n Shake, LaRosas, Graeters...yeah every time we visit DBF makes us eat at all his childhood fast food memory places hahaha.

Thanks for the tip. We're going to drive through almost literally the whole length of Ohio coming from Boston so I'll make sure that we stop at one a few hours north of Cincinnati.

Also oh man, LaRosas. Thanks for reminding me about more junk food I am doomed to eat the entire week LOL. Skyline, White Castle, Chick fil a, Steak n Shake, LaRosas, Graeters...yeah every time we visit DBF makes us eat at all his childhood fast food memory places hahaha.

I'm so sorry that he likes White Castle....sigh....... They are building a new one at exit 28 off i-71. Looks like it may be "classier" with stone AND white brick. Pretty sure it'll still be the same old same old gut busting sliders!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter