• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Wolf Lodge deals?

tink_n_pooh

<font color=darkorchid>my TP isn't going anywhere.
I was thinking about getting a gift card to the Great Wolf Lodge for my brother and his family for Christmas this year. I searched a few different dates to try to find about what a room would cost for them and the best I can find is about $400 a night. I know it's not really a bad deal for 4 people for 2 days at the waterpark and a room but I was hoping maybe someone would have a promo code for a better rate? If it matters, we are looking at the one in Scotrun PA. Thanks!

tink_n_pooh said:
I was thinking about getting a gift card to the Great Wolf Lodge for my brother and his family for Christmas this year. I searched a few different dates to try to find about what a room would cost for them and the best I can find is about $400 a night. I know it's not really a bad deal for 4 people for 2 days at the waterpark and a room but I was hoping maybe someone would have a promo code for a better rate? If it matters, we are looking at the one in Scotrun PA. Thanks!

$400.00 a night?
I am pretty certain you can get it much cheaper. We stayed there last year when they first opened and it was much cheaper. I will look through some of my mail I have piled up. I am always getting offers from them. I will see what I can find.

We are going in January and are paying $364 night for a kidcabin suite. The cheapest rates I have seen are on their website.

Have you gone to their website?

www.greatwolf.com

There is a section called, "great deals". Usually they have something, although this time of year a special is hit or miss.

Last year we got a deal at $129 a night that included breakfast. I was so glad to get that deal! :) I saw it for $169 a night in Sept., I saw it at $189 recently. Location probably has a lot to do with it. Anyway, I hope you find a better rate than $400 a night! A GC to GWL is a wonderful gift!

We stayed at the Kansas City location for $189 last December. This was an advertised special and we were in one of the special kids rooms, I think one up from the lowest price. I think you better check the rates again.

Also, in hindsight I would call the location you are staying at specifically and try to negotiate a price with them directly. When we were there on Dec. 5, the hotel had 11% of their rooms booked. Had I know this, I would have tried to negotiate a better deal. With this low of bookings, they probably want to just get you in the door so they can rob you of the rest of your money in their gift shop, restaurants and arcade. But to do this, you need to do it during a slow season.

OceanAnnie said:
Have you gone to their website?

www.greatwolf.com

There is a section called, "great deals". Usually they have something, although this time of year a special is hit or miss.

Last year we got a deal at $129 a night that included breakfast. I was so glad to get that deal! :) I saw it for $169 a night in Sept., I saw it at $189 recently. Location probably has a lot to do with it. Anyway, I hope you find a better rate than $400 a night! A GC to GWL is a wonderful gift!

They have never had deals like that at the Pococnos one. I went during the grand opening and it was $225 and that was a special. It's so expensive here I guess because they have no competition and the cost of living is soooo much higher in the NY/NJ areas.

We are going to the PA Lodge next month and we're paying $400/night - forgot exactly which category it is, but definatley one of the lower categories.

We are going to the Poconos Great Wolf on Christmas weekend and we are paying $375 a night for the absolutely lowest priced room (1 queen bed and a sleeper couch),

Hi Michboro, Sorry if this is a double post. We met on the Wonder in Nov 05. Could you post your impressions of the Lodge after your stay? We are thinking of going in Feb or March with dgks. Its not WDW or the Wonder, but a lot closer. Thanks-Grammynelliebelle

Vist PA

This offer doesn't save you any money up front, and it's only good for the month of January, but if you book through the visitpa.com website, they're having a buy one night, get the next night free special ("Cabin Fever"). It does look like a really neat place, but it is pretty expensive (considering there's no Mickey Mouse to give you a wake up call :teeth: )

That place is gorgeous, when we went to Niagra Falls, Canada in July we went and checked it out.
Too expensive though.

Nothing lower than the 475.00 a night when I checked before we left the states-

If you get the lower rates deals, that's great! Enjoy!

I ll keep checking from time to time.

Nice place to take the family!
enjoy! :goodvibes

Hi Michboro, Sorry if this is a double post. We met on the Wonder in Nov 05. Could you post your impressions of the Lodge after your stay? We are thinking of going in Feb or March with dgks. Its not WDW or the Wonder, but a lot closer. Thanks-Grammynelliebelle

Hi grammynelliebelle. The hotel reminds me of Disney's Wilderness Lodge. We had a great time. We went snowtubing in Camelback, and then checked into the hotel and went to the waterpark. The waterpark is really alot of fun; they have all of the things you would find at an outdoor waterpark, and they even have a water coaster, which the kids loved. They have a big gameroom/arcade in which you get tickets to trade in for prizes, but the money goes quick there. The only restaurant they have is a buffet and it is pretty pricey, and the food is just mediocre. There are several restaurants nearby, but we didn't bother going because we were just there for one night. The one thing the kids absolutely loved is this new electronic interactive game called Magiquest in which you use a wand and look for clues throughout certain places in the hotel, and have quests that you have to solve to get to higher levels. This kept them entertained for hours. It is based on the Magiquest attraction in Myrtle Beach: http://www.magiquestmb.com/Admin/Kingdom.aspx?Link=Kingdom
Overall, I would recommend the hotel. True, it's not Disney, but it's good for a getaway near home. Let me know if you go and what you think of it.

Hi Michboro, Thanks for your review! I was hoping you all had a good time and had happy holidays. I think I will look for specials over the winter. I am retiring on Dec 31st and then will have an open schedule.:) Dgd is 7 but is homeschooled so we are not tied into having to go on the weekend. D gs is 3 1/2. He might be a little young but is generally into whatever his sister is into. Glad you got snow at Camelback. Its been so warm. If we go, I'll be glad to post. Whatever I need to know, I can usually find out on the Disboard. thanks again!

Michboro we are going to the one in Kansas City in March and were wondering how many days do you think that your kids could have fun there? We were thinking of being there four days but I am afraid that would be to much? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Michboro we are going to the one in Kansas City in March and were wondering how many days do you think that your kids could have fun there? We were thinking of being there four days but I am afraid that would be to much? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
These were pictures from our trip this past summer. We were totally dissappointed with our room. The water park was nice but kind of boring after a while. We stayed there three day at the Williamsburg, VA one.

http://public.fotki.com/mjctv/great_wolf_lodge/

sign up on their site for more info... sometimes I get stuff in the mail from them as well. Nothing that I can remember lately. I do remember back in feb-march of last year they ran a special for 199$ a night (I dont remember what kind of room) at the PA one... that looks SOOO cool. I dont think my kids would ever want to leave!

I think that 4 days would be too much. Two nights would be more than enough. Is there anything else to do in the Kansas City area near the hotel?
We had the Camelback ski area to go snow tubing, so there was something else to do besides just staying at the hotel. The hotel we were at also had the Magiquest game and that kept the kids entertained for hours, but I think only the Poconos and the Williamsburg locations are the only ones that have this game. If there is only the waterpark and the arcade as the attractions, then you might get tired of doing just that after awhile.

We have been to the one in the Pocono's 2 different times (June and November of this year) and loved it. The restuarant is expensive, so we leave and go to Friendly's about 5 minutes away for dinner and then hit one of the diners for breakfast. DH is military so we pay $179-199 for a room (2 queen size beds w/ a sleeper sofa. I have seen deals for $229 on their site. Sunday night - Thursday night is much cheaper than the weekends. We brought subs with us last time for lunch, just kept them in our room till the 11am checkout, then brought them down and ate them at the park. The rooms have small fridges, enough room for the sandwiches and water and milk. They also have a microwave in the room, so we brought our own cocoa and popcorn for snacks. Both times our room was very clean, and the waterpark was not too crowded. We will be going back in the spring, when I hit my I-lost-100-lbs-goal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter