• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great way for the ladies to show their Dis colors at Disney

karriealex

When I am at the Grand Floridian I am home
I was looking around in the make up section of our local drugstore when I came across a nail polish by Loreal called New Money. It is Dis green. I bought it and just painted my nails with it to make sure. Yep definitely Dis green. Thought I would share this as a neat way to show your colors when in Disney! If I can locate my camera I will post a picture of my nails.

Sweet mother of pearl...my eyes...pixiedust:

I'm definitely awake. Do you think they will glow in the blacklight rides? My daughters' aqua gel color nails did last week on Little Mermaid. Added bonus. :)

Sweet mother of pearl...my eyes...pixiedust:

I'm definitely awake. Do you think they will glow in the blacklight rides? My daughters' aqua gel color nails did last week on Little Mermaid. Added bonus. :)

Yep they probably will. Thought this was an interesting way to show my Dis lime green.

I rarely paint my nails and usually keep to a light color. Now my toe nails are free game! Might have to do this some time! :goodvibes

I rarely paint my nails and usually keep to a light color. Now my toe nails are free game! Might have to do this some time! :goodvibes

I normally don't wear polish at all. I wanted to try this out though for our next trip in December. I wanted a neat way to let others know I am a Dis Board member. I love meeting fellow Diser's!

I think I'd have to stick to a ribbon on my bag. (Altho I have not done that in many, many years!)

I think I'd have to stick to a ribbon on my bag. (Altho I have not done that in many, many years!)

I may be dating myself with even suggesting this. I know we always did stuff like this in the past. I remember paint swatches from Home Depot and buttons made by Towncrier. I was hoping the tradition of wearing lime green had lived on but I guess it hasn't. :sad2:

I may be dating myself with even suggesting this. I know we always did stuff like this in the past. I remember paint swatches from Home Depot and buttons made by Towncrier. I was hoping the tradition of wearing lime green had lived on but I guess it hasn't. :sad2:

I think it was first lime green ribbons and Towncriers buttons. Then the paint chips. But you know, I have never seen a Mickey paint chip but probably did not really actively look for them either.

I think some people are still into the meets and all, I am just a bad example of it, lol. I did meet up with a long loved DISer a few weeks ago when I went and also in January when I went. So, they still happen, but these were not accident siting--they were meeting up with two wonderful, long term DIS women who have become like sisters to me.

I still have a very old "Buckalew" lime green baseball cap from 2001!

I do bright nail polish but I gotta pass on the dis green on my nails DH has his limits there an I think I'd end up with black nails.

I do bright nail polish but I gotta pass on the dis green on my nails DH has his limits there an I think I'd end up with black nails.

Thankfully even though dh and I are old school, been married almost 31 years, he doesn't care or determine what I wear on my nails. Make up maybe he might say something but my nails are mine to do with what I want.

Buckalew. Things have changed a lot over the years. I was away for quite awhile. Meets used to be the end all and the be all. I met tons of people from here in the day. Sad that it doesn't happen much anymore and that Dis green has become a thing of the past. We had a lot of fun with that. You are right about the progression of showing your green. I wish I still had my button that Towncrier made.

I won't be going for awhile, but I will be sporting a lime green something....and will be looking as well.
I am often behind vehicles with Disney stick figures on their back window, or Disney magnets and wonder if they are Disers.

Thankfully even though dh and I are old school, been married almost 31 years, he doesn't care or determine what I wear on my nails. Make up maybe he might say something but my nails are mine to do with what I want.

Buckalew. Things have changed a lot over the years. I was away for quite awhile. Meets used to be the end all and the be all. I met tons of people from here in the day. Sad that it doesn't happen much anymore and that Dis green has become a thing of the past. We had a lot of fun with that. You are right about the progression of showing your green. I wish I still had my button that Towncrier made.

I still have my button, even though I don't wear it. I keep it and think of DisCon and lots of good times. :)

I won't be going for awhile, but I will be sporting a lime green something....and will be looking as well.
I am often behind vehicles with Disney stick figures on their back window, or Disney magnets and wonder if they are Disers.

I often wonder the same thing too! I did meat a Diser on my visit in August. She was on the Poly board and was staying at the Poly the same time we were. She tagged me when I said something to someone there that I had also said on the board. It was pretty cool. I love meeting new people and especially new people with a common interest. I will probably wear something else lime green when we go in December that might be a little more noticeable. Although from the comments from people about my nails IRL they are pretty noticeable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter