• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great unknown tips or secrets!

Yes, technically you shouldn't take food off the ship unless it's prepackaged. They don't normally enforce it at places like Cozumel, but they definitely enforce back at Port Canaveral. There is a hefty fine. We've always been given literature stating we can't take food/perishables off the ship at different ports from what I can recall.

I walked off carrying an entire cake at Port Canaveral and no one said a word. They only food they were concerned with being carried off was fruits and veggies, meats may also not be allowed.

We've always taken snacks off in ports, including when we went on a northern European cruise this past summer. These included prepackaged and some that are not.

I'm sure people DO it, but the law says no. Just telling you. You can do what you want with that info.

Thanks for all the info. I was considering taking some grub onto the islands to save money for something else. Good info to consider.

I'm scanning all my important documents (passports, driver's license, credit cards front and back) and emailing them to my Yahoo account. That way, if something happens, I can access them myself through the internet cafe.

DO NOT DO THAT!!!!

you will be exposing yourself to loss of information and fraud by putting it out in the open like that.

Just make extra copies and put them in with your documents. I always keep an extra copy separate from my wallet, etc.

You should be fine.

If it helps... give copies of those things to a trusted family member or friend just in case you need them. Don't put them out on the internet...

Oh my, THANK YOU THANK YOU........:love: We had this problem last two cruises and did not know how to fix it. We missed all of our photo ops both times on CC with Michey in Beach wear, because it was a foggy mess.:hippie:

Just a thought as I have never cruised before but if you lack a verandah, using the blow dryer to warm up the lens may work too.

Great thread...Keep the tips coming!

This isn't a tip, sorry. I believe the reason you aren't supposed to bring food into ports is because countries are worried about disease and pests. Fruits and vegetables especially can carry pests, etc.

Yes, take your own hairdryer. I tried to use the one they provided and it took way too long. I have thick hair and by the time my hair was dry my hand was burning because the hair dryer got so hot, because it took so long. So I will definitely be bringing my own.

I too have very thick hair and always carry my own hd when I travel. On our first cruise I used mine not liking theirs.
BUT on this last cruise I used theirs the first day and every day after?!?!?

WE WERE IN THE SAME CABIN BOTH CRUISES!!!:confused3

Up by the where all the workout equipment is there are two AWESOME showers. No extra charge......I went up there everytime I wanted to take a shower!! :thumbsup2 :) :thumbsup2 :) :thumbsup2 :)

Great thinking! We have 4 people in our room, this could come in handy!

Excellent idea - we took a suitcase full of snacks when we were in Disneyland but it didn't occur to me to bring snacks for the cruise. And ziploc baggies are handy at all times!

tip-if you are a room close to the midship elevators chances are you are going to have a lot of people walk by there so if you have a decorated door it really makes people just in a better mood!

Only problem is sometimes they must get in such a good mood they steal the decorations. That happened to us once. I know it was probably just a kid, but it was very disappointing.

Thought of another one....when you first board you are usually directed by the CM's to go to one or the other places to eat embarkation lunch....you can politely say "no, thanks, I prefer to eat at....depending on which dining area you would like to eat in. We prefer Parrot Cay....but some prefer Topsiders.

I prefer Parrot Cay too. On our last 2 cruises the greeter told us they were full and to go to Topsiders. I told them we had family already in there (which ok was a lie, but I wanted to eat at PC!). They let us in and it wasn't full at all. (both times!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter