• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great trip but sad ending...

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm examining my ring now to see if it needs a trip to the jewelers... Personally, I don''t wear my wedding or engagement ring on holiday, only because I don't like coating them in suncream! I didn't even wear them on honeymoon - we got some strange looks when we said we were just married but had no rings on! :laughing:

I'm so sorry to hear that. My DH lost his wedding ring when we were snorkling once. Saw it go down, but by the time we got to the bottom of the ocean it was gone.

Add me to the list of those who have lost a diamond. I was outside playing with my dogs when one of them jumped on me and caught his paw on my ring. The diamond popped out and we never did find it. I'm sure it is buried out there somewhere! My wonderful darling husband replaced it a year or so later and added a wrap to the original solitaire with my birthstone in it as a birthday gift. While I no longer have the original diamond, I do have the wonderful memories that came with it and even more memories with the new one. My dh was so excited at secretly getting the ring out of my jewelry box and having the additional wrap made without me even knowing it that I quickly forgot how devastated I was at losing the original.

My mom had her engagement ring and wedding band stolen many years ago. My dad went to the same jeweler that he had purchased the original from and had him recreate the set. The look on my mom's face when she opened that package on Christmas morning is one I will never forget!

Hugs to you!

I too lost a diamond several years ago. I was heartbroken because it was a special ring given to me by my husband. I didn't want just "any" diamond, I wanted "my diamond" back. Well, I'm sorry to say that didn't happen. I did find out however, that our homeowners insurance would stand the cost (less the deductible) for a replacement. It's still not the same as the original, but at least we were not out the entire cost. BTW, I know where mine went....down the kitchen sink drain. My DH took the pipes loose and we looked and looked, but it was gone. It probably depends on the state, but here in Oklahoma it did not raise our homeowners insurance a bit.

So sorry.

This has happened to my grandmother, mother in law, and my mother at some point in their lives. All of them had rings that we 20+ years old.

As soon as I got my ring I had it insured and I check the prongs on a regular basis.

I've heard of miracles happening with Disney's lost and found, you never know....

Sometimes I wonder if diamond rings are worth it. I absolutely love mine! It was a diamond passed down from my DH's grandfather but it has a lot of stress attached.
When DH and I got engaged my future MiL pulled me aside and said "You know if something happens between you two, you have to give the ring back". I was stunned. Of course I would give the ring back no matter what. :sad2:
Now I just have the stress of losing a stone.
I wear 2 rings. One is the total 3.5 carats from my DH's grandfather and the 2nd ring is my great-grandmothers 1 carat engagement ring. I love them and have them checked/cleaned every year but I am moving to the wilds of Africa to escape MiL if anything ever happens.

I had my diamond fall out of my wedding ring one year right after returning from Disney. I was talking to a jeweler friend of mine and was told not to wear gold jewelry into chlorine pools because chlorine softens/weakens gold. I'm not sure if this is what did it but I've avoided wearing jewelry in pools since.

Oh no! How awful! So sorry that happened to you!

When I was a teacher the same thing happened to me--we were doing a project with glitter, rice and sequins and I looked down and noticed one of my diamonds was gone. I told my students I would $100 to whoever found it, never showed up!:guilty:

I am a teacher, too. Sixteen years ago (my first year teaching), I looked down and saw that my diamond was missing from my engagement ring. I told the students, "New lesson plan! Find my diamond!" We spent the whole day looking for it--in my classroom, in the hallways, in the office, in the bathroom, everywhere!!! That afternoon, I was telling the custodian about it as she was sweeping the room. Suddenly, we heard a "tinkle, tinkle" across the floor. There was my diamond!

I'll send you some pixie dust that yours shows up! :wizard:

About 18 years ago I cleaned my house top to bottom. Looking down at my hand, I noticed that my diamond was missing from its setting! I searched everywhere...even the vacuum cleaner bag, but didn't find it. I was devastated to say the least. My DH felt so bad that even though we couldn't afford it {we had two babies and I wasn't working} he took me to buy a modest diamond ring and then a couple of years a larger one. It meant so much that he wanted me to have my diamond:hug:I hope that your diamond is found and makes it back to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter