Great time at Donald's Breakfastasaurus!

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Love these boards!

I followed all of the advice and made a PS for 8am. Arrived at the park when the transportation gates opened at 7:45am and our family was in the first group of 20 or so to be taken back to the restaurant. By 8:10, our entire party had filled our plates are were ready for the characters. They started around 8:15 or so.

By 8:55, we had seen everybody, finished our meal (which we liked!), and paid our bill. The park opened at 9am and we did Primevil Whirl and Dinosaur twice (each) by 9:45am.

Thanks for the advice guys, it was perfect!

We did the same thing last summer and it really worked well for us. Doing the same thing again in October!!!

That is exactly our plan too. Glad to hear it worked for you. Only a few hours left before we get on the plane. I am so excited I can hardly think straight.:bounce: :smooth:

The last 3 trips, we did the opposite. Had PS for 10:45 so arrived at AK around 8:15 we did Killamanjaro, Dinosaur, Primevil Whirl and ITTBAB all by 10:30(including a quick coffee snack). We then got FP for another PW ride and it was for 11-12. We were seated for breakfast by 10:50 and were out of there within an hour with great character greetings and great food(love breakfast pizza and Krispy Kreme!). This is great because we are not hungry for lunch and usual get a quick snack as we leave AK(around 2-3pm, keeping Kali for last ride) then back to resort to change out of wet clothes and swim or relax. We usually plan ps at epcot and spend the evening there.
Connears

Only problem is that AK doesn't open until 9:00 now, resulting in terrible crowds at the gates and a busier park the first hour so you will get to do MUCH less before a 10:45 PS.

We did a later PS at Donald's last trip after doing early entry at 8 am at AK. I think we had breakfast at 10:15 am or so, after doing most of the big attractions. We also like to do it this way, because I would prefer to ride Dinosaur on an empty stomach, not a full one. ;)

I think the character interaction is best at either the earliest or latest PS, when the restaurant isn't full to capacity. Hope this helps!

We love having breakfast at Donald's! In fact we make it a point to eat there every trip - we found it by accident - there was nowhere else available so we ate there & fell in love. The food is great & the waitresses are wonderful!! :)

I love this site. You guys give the best advice. I had thought of doing this on my own and then decided against it. But now, I am calling for a late PS first thing tomorrow. We will be going to AK on an EE day so we'll do whatever attractions we can from 8-10:30. What a great idea!!

I'm glad to see this -- DD loves Donald, but I was alittel hesitant because the restuarant just seems so spread out that I thought it might take FOREVER for all for all of the characters to make it around. But, I guess it would really be no different than Chef Mickey's right?

Maybe we will try it. But I am just so hooked on that darned castle, lol! DD and DH could care less, but apparently I was born to dine in a castle, lol!

At Restrauntasarus (or however you spell it!) in DinoLand at Animal Kingdom. As you enter DinoLand it is off to the right.

AhHah! We went there but I didn't know what it was called! We went late in the morning and had a great time. We got lots of great pictures with the characters and our server was a riot. My 16 yr old son was with us and he was trying to act so cool and above the silliness. So, our server got another server together and 'ganged-up' on my son. They did magic tricks 'with' him and told him jokes until he started smiling and laughing too! And I think he secretly loved the attention. It was super! Made a great memory for us all(me,DH, and 6 kids ages 2 to 16).

Does anyone know what the latest PS time is and also if Mickey is there? I was thinking of doing this on the last day before we drive to Naples instead of Chef Mickey's the day before. (Menu looks better for my family). Plus Boneyard could tire out my kids and make for a quiet ride!:D

Thanks for sharing your experience! We have an early PS at Donald's on Sept. 15 and your report is making it even harder to wait. This is our first trip to WDW and my heart was set on starting things off with a character breakfast. My three boys (5 and twin 2 year olds) LOVE dinosaurs, and I think they're going to love this place.

We've always seen: Mickey, Donald, Goofy & Pluto. They're great! We've been 3 times & always seen some Krispie Kremes. Hope this helps! :D

We will be going first week in December, and I've been planning on the first seating so we can be finished at park opening. My question is- do you have to stay inside Restaurantasarus (sp?)until park opening, or is there a roped off section within Dino land? Also- from anyone who remembers, how long to do Primeval Whirl & Triceratops Spin if you are there @ 9am? My DS6 has no intrest in Dinosaur! Thanks for the info!

I can't answer the "roped off" question..... we were done just on time, but the place was full.

To do the two attractions, you could probably do each one twice in under 45 minutes.

We have a PS next month at Breakfasto at 8:30AM. Would it be possible for me to run and get a FP for an attraction prior to 9AM - or are the FP machines off till 9AM? THanks.

Thanks for the great review Claudia1 :D

We also have PS for the first week in December and I'm really looking forward to trying Donalds Breakfastosaurus for the first time. We always make a late PS for any breakfast...my crew are not morning people:rolleyes: My youngest DD (9) is really looking forward to this one. She loves anything having to do with dinosaurs. I'm gonna try and get FP for Chester and Hester before we eat. Afterwards she can play in the Dig Site and go on her favorite ride:D

Thanks again for your review :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter