Great- Thanksgiving in the hospital :-(

phorsenuf

Not so New Rule author
Had some chest pains this morning, took some nitro and it seemed to help so I headed to the ER to get checked. Did blood work, ekg and a chest xray. Next thing I know I'm going for a ct scan. Turns out my D-Dinar(?)test came back elevated. Ct scan showed two clots in my lungs, one on each side. So I guess I'll be here for a few days. Hope they do a nice Thanksgiving spread here. ;)

Can I ever catch a break? :sad2:

sorry to hear that... feel better soon! give us a review of the thanksgiving hospital "feast"...

Holy cow! :scared1: You dont' mess around, do you. I hope they can get you stabilized quickly so you can get home to some real food and family time.

Sorry you are in the hospital..but good for you to go to the ER and not blow it off!!

Oh no! Hope they can take care of those clots quickly and you're out soon!

Not a great way to spend a holiday, but at least you had enough sense to get to the hospital and they can catch it while it's early and get rid of it!
Feel better soon!

Oh no! I'm glad you went to the ER to be checked out even though you were felling better {{hugs}}. Personally, I would have someone smuggle me in a real Thanksgiving dinner instead of eating "hospital" Thanksgiving food.

I know what you are going through! Sept. 1st, 2010 I was in the hospital due to the same exact thing, a large clot in each lung. Pulmonary embolism is the term. We are lucky to have survived! Not many people live to tell about it! Thankfully you went to the hospital and they discovered it!

Yeah, I agree with robinb, have someone bring ya a turkey dinner from home 'n get well quick.

Your both my parents in one - My mothers lungs are riddled with blood clots (as are her arms... till they move to her lungs too), and my father just had a heart attack. Just days before our Disney trip. Needless to say, they were not able to make it. Feel better, and I'm sure your family will hold Turkey Day till you get out! But no pies or cakes for you! ( ;

Ohhh so sorry to hear this. I also like the idea of having a nice home cooked meal brought to you, if its allowed! Hope this is a quick visit.:grouphug:

:hug: Bummer of a way to spend a holiday.

My dad had a pulmonary embolism two years ago and recovered well. I'm praying for your quick recovery!

phorsenuf,

That is a rough break to be sick at Thanksgiving. I'm glad to hear they know what's the matter with you. It is sad to be sick on a holiday though. :hug:

Get well soon!

I'm so sorry that you have to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital! Very thankful you went to the ER~ I hope you recover quickly!:hug:

So sorry to hear this news, but glad you went to the ER. I spent Thanksgiving 2009 in the hospital after having a heart attack two days earlier. Let's just say the hospital turkey and pumpkin pie weren't quite what I was hoping for. However, I'm here today - two years later - and doing fine. I hope the same for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter