Great snacks in the Parks

dianemb

DIS Veteran
Looking for snack idead in the parks. We're planning on having big early and late meals each day and need ideas for the middle of the days. Never snacked very much in the parks even though I've been there 5 times, this time we have the meal plan. Won't be going to the water parks and any pictures would be great too!

THANKS!!!!

In the magic kingdom they have the fresh baked toll house cookies and you can get them with ice cream in side them like a sandwich. those are my favorite. If you are looking at the front of the castle they are on the left walkway next to the lake.
Also in the Magic Kingdom if you like pineapple they have doll whip right over the bridge in Adventureland. They are so good and refreshing.

lainie25 said:
In the magic kingdom they have the fresh baked toll house cookies and you can get them with ice cream in side them like a sandwich. those are my favorite. If you are looking at the front of the castle they are on the left walkway next to the lake.
Also in the Magic Kingdom if you like pineapple they have doll whip right over the bridge in Adventureland. They are so good and refreshing.

Lainie,

The cookie place in Liberty Square is the best!!! I also noticed you live right next door in Neptune...I live in Ocean twp.

There also are the Popcorn stands in Frontierland and also in Tomorrowland that I usually stop at and who can forget if you want a "larger" snack The Turkey Legs in Frontierland!!! They are delicious! :wave2:

Hello!!! We usually snack all day and eat a big meal at night. Our favorite sanck place is the fresh fruit stand back in Mickey's Toontown. The fruit is cold and refreshing and always at a great price. A good deal all around. The grapes are the best!!! There is also a fruit stand in MGM, but we've never hit that one. Hope this helps.

lainie25 said:

Those Toll House cookies ice cream sandwiches are great, but boy was I ever guilty eating a 500+ calorie (high fat) snack. I got over my guilt very quickly though ;)

Don't forget Kaki Gori in Japan (Epcot:World Showcase). It's a snowcone, but so much more. They come in tangerine, honey dew, strawberry and cherry. Our most favorite is cherry. It's like biting into a frozen cherry. Our most favorite WDW snack!

The best snack EVER is at Magic Kingdom - Pinocchio Village Haus (right next to 'It's a Small World'. They're called Figaro Fries - basically french fries w/ baked potato fixin's - sour cream, cheese, bacon maybe (or maybe I'm just wishfully thinking of bacon), etc. Once you've tried 'em there's no going back.

Plus, you might be able to luck into the tables looking over the 'Small World' loading/unloading area - you can wave at everybody as they cruise by below...

Edit: there are turkey legs available at Studios also... Toluca Legs near Tower of Terror / Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

Just FYI - the meal plan will NOT allow you to get most of these as a snack.

The only thing you can get is an individual size popcorn, a *whole* piece of fruit, a pre-packaged 20 oz soda or bottled water, and anything from the ice cream ***carts***.

The ice cream carts carry an assortment of the following:

Mickey-shaped cookies and cream ice cream sandwich thingy
Tollhouse cookies with ice cream in the middle - sandwich
Mickey Bars
Minnie Bars - which are strawberry puree, frozen into a popcicle - good!
Orange Juice bars - also fruit/juice, no artificial colors, etc - very good
Big, twisty colored popcicles
Frozen bananas

There may be one more - but it escapes me at the moment.

The snacks are listed on the pdf they email you when you get your package. But, it will show that certain places have "snacks" and they really mean that you can get a soda or piece of fruit there - not that you can get anything there, kwim? It's a little misleading, IMO. But, when you read the snack description, it spells it out.

We'll be indulging in Mickey Bars daily, I suppose ;) Twist my arm!
They're SOOOO good! Better than ANY ice cream bar I've ever had - and I'm not an ice cream/chocolate fan.

I wasn't expecting to get the snacks on the meal plan. I'll use those for other things. Thanks for all the good ideas! Keep them coming!!!

Well, in that case -

I'd get a turkey leg (expect a ham taste - it's cured, so it's salty/sweet/sticky); Dole Whip (near the entrance to Frontierland, I think - off to the left of the castle..over that little bridge); and cinnamon almonds. They pipe in some smell near the carts that's captivating - it's not exactly what they taste like, but the smell is to die for :) The almonds are very good. I eat them while DH takes the older girls on Snow White or Peter Pan :)

I like the candy apples on Main Street. Also, the fudge is great..not sure its a snack...but it sure makes a great meal. :rolleyes1

turkey legs
Nestle tollhouse ice cream sandwiches
baklava from Morrocco
Kaki Gori
Churros

I love the frozen lemonade slushies!! They are hard to find, but I know you can get them in Frontierland. Very refreshing!

personal favorite the Ice Cream shop at the Beach Resort, you can walk over from Epcot or walk around from The Boardwalk. Evenings always seem really crowded their though

GoofyDad869-those Figaro Fries are the BEST! ::yes:: We always make a stop for them! Now I'm craving some...

My vote is for the Fudge Apples from the Confectionary in MGM... It's not on the main boulevard, but I say it's worth seeking out... Especially if you want to feel like you're eating something that's a little bit good for you! (At least that's how my aunt and I justify eating almost one a day to ourselves... :rolleyes1)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter