Great servers on the Fantasy?

tukkerlove

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering if it's too late to request- we are on the June 7th sailing of the Fantasy. If not, does anyone have recommendations? I want to make sure our dining service is as great as it can be, and some recent posts have me scared that Fantasy service may not be as great as we had on the Dream a couple of years back. Any suggestions on who we shoudl request (if we even can, at this stage?)

Our head server was Selo, and our team was Llewellyn Wright and Lucia Reyes. They were both from Jamaica.
We had so much fun with them. It seemed that Llewellyn took a little longer to warm up, but they were both great with our family and the kids.
He not only cut up my kids food, but helped DS-(3 at the time) with his drawing for Animators Palate. If you request them, have some fun with Lucia's red sharpie. ;)
Selo sang to my in-laws, and was very interactive.
We had brought a nice Jamaican Rum with us, and hardly dented it, but since it was open and we were flying home, we donated it to them. (No Flames please)

We were on the March 16 Fantasy Western and our servers were FANTASTIC. We had Sheldon from India and Claire from England.

Sheldon was on top of things every single night. He cut the meat for the kids, made bows out of the napkins, had a little mind bender puzzle for the kids to solve every night. If he noticed anyone picking at their food he would bring something else we might like better.

Claire was GREAT. My kids adored her and if they saw her anywhere else on the ship they would have to run up and say hello. She knew our drink orders from the 2nd night on and truly, I can't say enough good things about her. I had a fall on Tuesday night and she was genuinely concerned and if she saw me out and about she would ask about my knee.

Our last night of the cruise one of my daughters was so sad to leave the servers that she was crying. Real tears, over servers. They really make an impression on her. I wish I could thank them--we were not allowed in for breakfast the last day as we were 15 minutes late due to elevator issues. (grr!)

We tipped Claire and Sheldon the standard plus $25 each. we didn't require much from the head server so we just gave him a small bit extra.

Claire was just recently back from a break so she should be there a while. I don't know when sheldon is due for a Vacation, but such a kind, sweet man. I hope he gets to go see his family soon, he really missed them.

We LOVED our team of Krasimer and April. All 4 of us did! Krasimir did incredible drawings for the girls each night while April did origami. April has a special drink she brings for the kids and it was so good that I had to order one with rum! I wish I knew what was in it! They cut the kids food each night! Krasimir's food recommendations were always perfect and he usually brought us out an additional surprise entree and dessert each night. LOL They were the best team we have had in our six Disney cruises!

Our head server was Selo, and our team was Llewellyn Wright and Lucia Reyes. They were both from Jamaica.
We had so much fun with them. It seemed that Llewellyn took a little longer to warm up, but they were both great with our family and the kids.
He not only cut up my kids food, but helped DS-(3 at the time) with his drawing for Animators Palate. If you request them, have some fun with Lucia's red sharpie. ;)
Selo sang to my in-laws, and was very interactive.
We had brought a nice Jamaican Rum with us, and hardly dented it, but since it was open and we were flying home, we donated it to them. (No Flames please)

We had Selo from Turkey as our head server as well on the Fantasy last June! He was a really nice guy and always came around to talk to our family. Our serving team was Gonzalo from Portugal as main server and Curtis from Jamaica as assistant server! They were both very nice, quick service, and always gave us port recommendations every night. I especially recommend Curtis and hope he has been promoted to main server :goodvibes

Our favorite head server on the Fantasy right now is Fitzdenton Johnson. I requested him knowing that anyone on his team would be amazing, or Fitz would take care of any problem right away. Our server for the 3/23/13 cruise was Cornwall and assistant was Allison. Cornwall isn't on Fitz's team every week though. Both of them were outstanding!!! We had no complaints at all. Fitz will be going back to the Magic after drydock. I think that the reason he is such a great head server is he started out as a server so knows when to step in and help.

Our favorite head server on the Fantasy right now is Fitzdenton Johnson. I requested him knowing that anyone on his team would be amazing, or Fitz would take care of any problem right away. Our server for the 3/23/13 cruise was Cornwall and assistant was Allison. Cornwall isn't on Fitz's team every week though. Both of them were outstanding!!! We had no complaints at all. Fitz will be going back to the Magic after drydock. I think that the reason he is such a great head server is he started out as a server so knows when to step in and help.

Fitz is great! We also request our favorite head server, Liam Scott. He's never let us down...always has made our cruises magical! I sure hope that he's not going back to the Magic (where we had him for our server for the first time in 2002!), as we're hoping to see him on the Fantasy in October. :thumbsup2 The servers we had last October on the Fantasy were awesome...Bulelani and Sunny. I'd be happy to have them again!

Fitz and Cedomir will be going to the Magic then. Their move is not by choice. Apparently DCL needs them on the Magic because the ship will be full for the San Juan cruises. They had no idea what the ports would be and were happy when we told them. Several servers we know told us that they had been told guest counts have been low on the classics to the point where they only have one seating at dinner some cruises.

Yes, Fitz went above and beyond for us as well.

I have never been very impressed with a Head server prior to our last cruise on the Fantasy. We rarely saw them, except when they would show up for their tips on the last night.

But not Fitz. He showed up every night and made sure we were happy. One night when my son had fallen asleep at dinner, I was kind of holding him with one hand and eating with another. Fitz came over and made him a bed out of several chairs from the (empty) table next to us. He pushed the chairs together and lay a fresh tablecloth over them. He then made a blanket out of a second tablecloth. That hour of peace we had without my clingy little guy was priceless. We really appreciated that he went out of our way to help us!!

We had Brent from Trinidad/Tobago and Rosie from England as our serve team on 3/30. They did an excellent job.

OMG Brent. We loved him! He was our server on the Dream for our honeymoon. I remember he told us he would be going to the Fantasy. Now that we are going on the Fantasy we would love to have him again. Does anyone know if we can request servers? And if so how?

April 6th sailing - we had O'Neil (from Jamaica) as our server and "Ninja" (from Thailand, his name is actually Injanda) as the assistant. O'Neil was INCREDIBLE. My 8 year old daughter called him "O'Teddy" and said that he was her teddy bear. Our whole family, and the family we traveled with, fell head over heels for O'Neil. We tipped him the standard they recommend and also gave him $50 in cash.
Ninja was great, but unfortunately we only saw him 3 nights. They said he hurt his knee and was out after dinner on Saturday and returned on Thursday.
All in all, the service was OUTSTANDING. I miss those guys!

Just got off the Fantasy on Saturday. We had Wayan from Bali and Edith from England. Wonderful. Claire was at the next table and bantered back and forth with Edith. She also seemed very fun and friendly. Best MDR service on any cruise we have been on

We were on the 4/6 Fantasy and had Raquel (from Portugal) and Curtis (from Jamaica) and they rocked. They had our drinks on the table every night and the booster for my daughter was also ready and waiting. Food came hot and as ordered and they knew a Mickey bar was all we ever wanted for dessert. A great team and i will ask for them next time.

We've been on two, never a bad experience. Loved all the servers. I can't wait till the next!!!

aprez76 said:
We were on the 4/6 Fantasy and had Raquel (from Portugal) and Curtis (from Jamaica) and they rocked. They had our drinks on the table every night and the booster for my daughter was also ready and waiting. Food came hot and as ordered and they knew a Mickey bar was all we ever wanted for dessert. A great team and i will ask for them next time.

Glad to see someone else had Curtis! He was great :)

So funny you mention the Mickey bar. DH had that every night for dessert except one night, and he never had to ask for it! The one night he changed his mind he actually told O'Neil before hand so that he wouldn't bring the Mickey bar...but guess what came to the table anyway? :)

Does anyone know if we can request servers? And if so how?

Yes you can! Just call DCL, or have your TA do so, and have them note your request on your reservation. You can only have one request for dining, however, so if you want a particular rotation you wouldn't be able to request a server as well.

April 6th sailing - we had O'Neil (from Jamaica) as our server and "Ninja" (from Thailand, his name is actually Injanda) as the assistant.

Ninja was our assistant on the MV. He was fantastic. Wish our server had been, but he was replaced after the third night.

Yes you can! Just call DCL, or have your TA do so, and have them note your request on your reservation. You can only have one request for dining, however, so if you want a particular rotation you wouldn't be able to request a server as well.

Ninja was our assistant on the MV. He was fantastic. Wish our server had been, but he was replaced after the third night.
I wish we'd had more time with Ninja. He cracked us up. The kids were always doing Ninja moves when he came to the table, and he was so good spirited about it. Apparently he hurt his knee, and DD mentioned that maybe he hurt it doing his ninja moves, and he was totally in character in response to her question and showed her the "move" that injured him. Too funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter