• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Seasonal Work after Christmas!!

I had my interview yesterday. It was very short. The office I am hoping to be in is only 2 miles from my home. It is a seasonal office. It will be open from January 15th until April 15th. Do the receptionist jobs ever turn into a permanent job, perhaps in another location?? Are the tax pros jobs seasonal as well?? I am thinking of taking the class. Has anyone here ever taken the class?

Thanks to the OP for posting this thread...I may get the job!!!

I have my interview on Thursday, Jan. 3rd. I just got back from WDW, so I need some extra cash!:rotfl:

I just wanted to thank the OP for posting this. I applied and was hired within a 10 day period. I start training on the 3rd for my area! Thank you so much!!!!:goodvibes

I had my interview yesterday. It was very short. The office I am hoping to be in is only 2 miles from my home. It is a seasonal office. It will be open from January 15th until April 15th. Do the receptionist jobs ever turn into a permanent job, perhaps in another location?? Are the tax pros jobs seasonal as well?? I am thinking of taking the class. Has anyone here ever taken the class?

The CSC position is always seasonal. There is not enough business to warrant a recepitonist in the off-season (summer service, we call it). There are a few Tax Pros who do work all year, but it is still not a regular full-time position. My mother is a summer service Tax Pro, and there are about 10-15 more in my district. Also, the Tax Pros who work in Premium offices work year-round, but not regular full time. There are also opportunities to teach classes once who have been a tax pro for a couple of years, and there may be some opportunities within your district office. I was a CSC, then my DM asked me to be the DEA during summer service, which turned into an Administrative Assistant job. I don't work regular full time, but I don't do taxes.
There are also opportunities to become a DOS, which is the official assistant to the DM and is regular full time with vacation and benefits, a DMIT, which is a District Manager in Training, and leads to a DM position. Talk to your DEA or DM about opportunites in your area.

I just wanted to thank the OP for posting this. I applied and was hired within a 10 day period. I start training on the 3rd for my area! Thank you so much!!!!:goodvibes

:goodvibes :thumbsup2 You are so welcome! Congrats on the job, and good luck this tax season. Let me know how you like it!

I didn't see the rest of this. I took the tax class myself 2 years ago. It has changed since then, but the basics are the same. It is a 22 session class, done in 3 hour sessions, much like a college class. You are taught the basics of tax preperation and now, you use the same computer system that the tax pros do. When I took it we were still pencil and paper. At the end of the course, you are given a final exam. If you make an 80 or above on the exam, you are eligible to work, although you are not guaranteed a position, you still have to be interviews and accepted.

I really enjoyed the class. Some districts will even do a SPring class for the CSCs who worked during tax season if there is enough of an interest.

I'm thinking about possibly doing the Tax Pro class. The problem is...this is something I never thought I'd see myself doing. If you are a new Tax Pro do you get the easier returns to complete? I'd just be nervous that I'd get a complex return and not know what to do. Are Tax Pros also seasonal positions as well? Paid by commission?

Training went well yesterday! I'm sure everyone will do fine!

I'm thinking about possibly doing the Tax Pro class. The problem is...this is something I never thought I'd see myself doing. If you are a new Tax Pro do you get the easier returns to complete? I'd just be nervous that I'd get a complex return and not know what to do. Are Tax Pros also seasonal positions as well? Paid by commission?

Training went well yesterday! I'm sure everyone will do fine!

I understand your concerns, most of our "newbies" feel the same way. Let me settle your mind. After the original 66 hour class, if you pass the exam and you wish to work, you go to an additional 33 hours of classes, covering slightly more advanced tax returns. If you are hired, you then attend 30 additional hours of training in H&R Block policies and get on-the-job training in the computers and with practice returns. Once tax season starts, you are typically scheduled with only the easier returns. Prior associates are all there to help you out, and if you are sitting with someone who's return you truly don't feel comfortable with, we ENCOURAGE you to pass it on to a more advanced associate.

I would go ahead and take the tax class this fall, especially since you will already have a peak into the inner workings as a CSC, and you should be able to get a discount off the price of tuition and the book. Taking the class does not obligate you to work for Block, and you will loose nothing.

i got a phone call yesterday had my interview today, very very short basically asked me if i had computer experience, and i go to training on sat for 8 hours she didnt say anything more about training, i wonder if that is it? i also get to work close to home too so that is a plus:)

Thanks OP for this.

I did all my training last week and I start on Monday!! I am a little nervous and real excited. It has been so long since I have worked for someone other than myself!!

Has anyone who has intereviewed started working yet? I'm still waiting...

My district sis training last week and this week, we split it into 2 sessions. CSCs are in the office next week. Business is slow at first, sometimes CSCs aren't in the office until mid-Jan. Call them if you are concerned.

i got a phone call yesterday had my interview today, very very short basically asked me if i had computer experience, and i go to training on sat for 8 hours she didnt say anything more about training, i wonder if that is it? i also get to work close to home too so that is a plus:)

Thanks OP for this.

You're Welcome!
I did all my training last week and I start on Monday!! I am a little nervous and real excited. It has been so long since I have worked for someone other than myself!!

You'll do great! Good luck!

I have an interview tomorrow at 8:00. I will let you know how it goes.

Good luck! And I just have to say, I lived in Roswell from 85-93 (K-7th grade), and my sister is in Acworth, so I have a lot of ties to your hometown! I miss it there so much sometimes!

I went on the interview today and was offered the position (CSC). I am not sure if I will take it (did not realize what the pay was), but I also thank the OP for posting.

Funny you should ask that:

Today is my first day, and I am working alone tonight :scared1:

Good luck! Let me know how it goes! I still haven't been contacted, although I attended the training. I also called the HR person twice and still haven't been contacted. I'm losing hope that anything is going to come of this. :confused3

I started working for them as a CSC on January 7th. I had 9 hours of training. I LOVE my job and the preople in my office are soooo nice. It is a 3-4 minute drive from my house. My hours are 9-3 M-F and 1-5 on Saturday. They basically let me choose my own hours. I cannot thank you enough OP!!! This is awesome .

Was your training on the job or classroom? I missed the classroom, went in and did the module and test and found out last night that I was scheduled today, 10 to 2, then they changed it to work till 9. I worked until 2 with someone and went back at 3 and ran solo till 9.
Feet to the fire so to speak. Oy.

Not so sure about this......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter