Great results at 7 months!

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by stacieps, Dec 7, 2012.

1. stacieps

stacieps DIS Veteran

I'm taking a trip with my 2 teens who don't understand the anxiety and stress I was feeling hoping I'd get the reservations we wanted at the 7 months mark, so I have to come here to share!

Aulani booked for 7/4-7/7 - studio (we're at Marriott timeshare next door from 6/28-7/4)
    AND
    Villas at Grand Californian booked for 7/7-7/12 - studio

I had booked a week at Aulani a little earlier than I need and then called and changed it a couple times to cover the actual dates I needed (was worried about how popular the 4th might be and saw many other posts about "first day" never being available when looking at 7 months). It took some work but I got what we needed.

VGC had looked good for a availability for the past few days, but I was still very worried going in to this morning - got on a few minutes before 8am and was ready to book as soon as I could, was able to get a studio for the 5 nights I needed (just looked now and 1st night is not available, so I was lucky!)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cbnsoul

cbnsoul DIS Veteran DVC Gold

Wow, good job! We are going to VGC for just 1 night before Aulani and the days around it were snapped up very quickly. I was very nervous about securing our Aulani reservation at 7 months but most views were available at 8am. Later that day, however, most days of our trip were gone.

4. E-P-C-O-T

E-P-C-O-T DIS Veteran

That is the ultimate DVC score, I cannot think of a most perfect vacation. Congrats! :cool1:

5. bwvBound

bwvBound DVC SSR & other timeshare

Well done!

6. alystad

alystad Earning My Ears

I hope to do this next summer

7. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

:cool1:...Congrats on your trip. The same thing happened to us at our 7 month. We are heading to DLR in June and had been stressing out because I know how hard it is to get a studio at VGC. Well, I was able to secure 7 nights right at 8am. I happened to check the availability later on in the day and a couple of our days were already booked up. Have a wonderful trip.

8. love280mickey

love280mickey Mouseketeer

I hear you about being so anxious!

I was also thrilled to get 4 days at Grand Cal over July 4th.

Originally I took a studio for 5 days beginning Sunday June 30. Then I waited anxiously for Monday morning to come so I could switch it to a one bedroom July 3-7.

We are in Marriott Newport Coast Villas earlier in the week, and I really wanted to split the week with Disney Grand Cal, I was SO happy it worked out.

Also very glad to hear you got in Hawaii. I'm hoping we can go in 2016 and was/am very concerned about what the availability will be like. I may just rent out my SSR points and buy someones who can book at 11 months to be sure.

Congrats again!

9. runmommyrun

runmommyrun Mouseketeer

Congrats! We are the opposite of you in June... VGC and then Aulani. I literally was sweating trying to get the reservations. The rooms we wanted were literally booked within 2 hours of our booking. It was stressful! Have a wonderful trip!