• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Resort Rates on Southwest!

I am not sure if we get anything else from Orbitz. I'd say the confirmation number and ID is all you need upon checkin. My confirmation email also had a barcoded area attached for Magical Express which was nice. Right after the conf email I received another email from them for 10% off future hotel bookings. I booked mine last night so I'd say (by now) they will def honor the rates as legit.

I've just never booked thru anyone but Disney so it makes me nervous. I guess I'll just show up with my confirmation email. Can we call Disney to add requests to our room, or not? Does that happen thru Orbitz somehow?

Glad to know you booked yours last night and it seems like they will honor these rates. I'm thrilled with my price!:teacher:

Now I'm really worried to book our airfare. I will wait at least 2 weeks if not a month. We were going to fly Allegiant so I'm not too worried about a drastic change in airfare.

Those of you that booked the deal through Orbitz let us know if you hear any changes regarding your reservation. Here's some pixie dust :wizard: that Orbitz will honor these prices since it was their error.

Thank you for the pixie dust! :hug: I hope this works out!! I'm just so nervous to show up with an email from Orbitz with this crazy rate (55% off rack rate I figure) and not my usual pile of Disney papers!!:eek:

Does anyone remember some of the unbelievable rates?

I had been on Orbitz messing with the dates/rates since last night...here's my close approximates:

GF Lagoon View $200
GF TPV $215
GF Club Outer Building $220
Wilderness Lodge Standard View $99
Poly TPV $239
AKL Savannah $150

It was fun while it lasted...party's OVA!

Some of the rates I saw for September, before tax and the 10% off code were:

AKL std view $86
AKL savannah view $111
WL $118
Yacht/Beach Std view $122
Poly garden view $131
Beach club club level $159
GF lagoon view $174

I called Orbtiz and was told I can call Disney directly with requests. Okay let me do that this afternoon and see this deal is real or if it is a website fluke.

I called Disney, they transferred me to "wholesale" and then told me they couldn't even confirm or deny my ressie in order to protect the wholesaler (Orbitz)/customer relationship. :confused3 So I wasn't able to add my requests.

I just got off the phone with Orbitz... attempted to add my requests but the Orbitz rep had to call BWI & wasn't able to get through. She told me to call back (to Orbitz) earlier in the day as the reservation offices often close at 3 or 4pm.

Anyone else had luck adding room request?

I called Disney, they transferred me to "wholesale" and then told me they couldn't even confirm or deny my ressie in order to protect the wholesaler (Orbitz)/customer relationship. :confused3 So I wasn't able to add my requests.

I just got off the phone with Orbitz... attempted to add my requests but the Orbitz rep had to call BWI & wasn't able to get through. She told me to call back (to Orbitz) earlier in the day as the reservation offices often close at 3 or 4pm.

I'll try tomorrow to call and see if I can add a request. I'll let everyone know. That's scary that they can't confirm/deny the ressie. I'm nervous!:hyper:

IMO, I find it hard to believe it was an error or fluke. The OP started this thread early yesterday afternoon, I booked around 9 pm last night...and the rates were still low this afternoon. However, only time will tell.

IMO, I find it hard to believe it was an error or fluke. The OP started this thread early yesterday afternoon, I booked around 9 pm last night...and the rates were still low this afternoon. However, only time will tell.

You are right, if it was an error they sure didn't catch it very quick!

Travelocity has WL Woods View end of Sept for $164.95 a night. Not sure if there's any extra codes to use on top.

Perhaps that rate's not as good as I guessing?

Those were GREAT rates! Can't wait to see if they are honored. We didn't re-book b/c we needed some nights into Oct and I didn't want to do a split ressie or stay. :(

Maybe something else will come out for lower rates.

I've got a 40% off all levels pin right now (not that great) but will probably stick with FD BB from last year (so regular DP which we bumped up to DDP).

Travelocity has WL Woods View end of Sept for $164.95 a night. Not sure if there's any extra codes to use on top.

Perhaps that rate's not as good as I guessing?

I think $165 is just 40% off rack rate for that room, as opposed to the orbitz/southwest rates that seemed to be 40% off plus another 40% off plus 10% more off if you used the code. Too bad I couldn't get it in time!

I checked the rates for AKL savanah view this afternoon around 3pm EST and the great rates were available on Orbitz (~$111/night - almost 70% off rack rate). When I got home to book, the rates were back to the regular 40% off :sick: Did I miss my chance??? If anyone else sees these rates up again, please let us know!

Bummer, I missed it! I'm booked through Disney at Poly for September and I did not check this board yesterday/this morning.

OK - I lied a bit... I wasn't actually off the phone yet when I typed it, but I was in a rush to get out the door so I jumped the gun. The Orbitz rep said she would give it one more try and she actually got through... she said she put in our request. I had two request... one for TWO beds since the ressie said "2 queen bed or 1 king bed" and I'm traveling with my friend. The other was for room location. The Orbitz rep said that Disney couldn't guarantee the two beds, but could guarantee the room location request. :confused3 Sounds backwards to me & I'm hoping that's the case because we really don't want to share a bed. I know Disney often guarantees beds since you have to pay more for a king, but they never guarantee location.

Anyways... she said now that Disney has our reservation we can contact them directly at wdw.cro.wholesale2@disney.com and reference the traveler name (not the Orbitz confirmation number) regarding any future requests. I plan to send them an email tonight to clarify the bed situation. It would just be awkward to share a bed with this friend & we'd be better off to stick with our original POR ressie if they can't guarantee it.

So I guess you have to contact Orbitz first so they can get your reservation over to Disney then you can follow up with an email. Good Luck!

I feel Dubb's pain. I found awesome rates for AKL, rushed to enter my credit card info, hit "confirm" and got an error message because the rates had changed...by a lot. Boo hoo. At least I'm still going to Disney. Congrats to those of you who purchased in time.

Either last year or the year before I booked ASMu Suites thru Travelocity. It made me
nervous that I could not confirm with Disney, but everything worked out fine. If I recall correctly, it was just a few days before we arrived that WDW could see my ressie. I think the intermediary (travelocity, orbitz, etc) has a set of rooms and they don't tell Disney the specifics for any particular ressie until just before arrival. Don't be surprised if the hotel cannot confirm you by name at this point in time.

Either last year or the year before I booked ASMu Suites thru Travelocity. It made me
nervous that I could not confirm with Disney, but everything worked out fine. If I recall correctly, it was just a few days before we arrived that WDW could see my ressie. I think the intermediary (travelocity, orbitz, etc) has a set of rooms and they don't tell Disney the specifics for any particular ressie until just before arrival. Don't be surprised if the hotel cannot confirm you by name at this point in time.

That's what they told me at Orbitz. They had to send over my reservation information early so they could put on my room request... normally they wouldn't have been able to see my reservation until just before check-in.

So to anyone who wants to make a room request, make sure you contact Orbitz (or Travelocity or Southwest) first, then hopefully they can send the info over to Disney early.

DisMomAmy,
Thanks so much for calling and giving us this info. I will also need 2 beds, so I am going to call and do the same thing, and give my room request, too. I sure hope everything works out!!

DisMomAmy,
Thanks so much for calling and giving us this info. I will also need 2 beds, so I am going to call and do the same thing, and give my room request, too. I sure hope everything works out!!

Let me know how you make out!

Looking for the Disney Free dining package on SW....does anyone know if it is there? Thanks

Using Orbitz, yesterday I booked a garden view room at Poly for $131.40 + an additional 10% off (DEALPRO10) – grand total of $118.26/night + tax (-40%, -40%, -10%). After reading that these prices are probably mistakes I called Orbitz this morning and they said not to worry…as long as I have a confirmation number, the price quoted would be the price. They said Disney is dealing directly with Orbitz for payment. I feel better but still a little nervous.

The more I look at the SW site, it seems like it is real. When you click on the words "learn more" it gives dates. The lower percentages go from 6/21-8/15 and the high percentage savings go from 8/16-10/3. I just don't know how they could back out of it? Could it be that SW and Orbitiz just have too much inventory of rooms for Disney that they need to get rid of? I'm not sure how it works with those non-Disney sites? :confused:

Where do I find this stuff on SW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter