• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great reservations experience

bavaria

<font color=deeppink>Makes the best of both worlds
Just wanted to say that I was IMPRESSED with reservations after years of sitting on hold forever, lacklustre agents who didn't seem to want to sell, lack of information, etc.

I just called and the phone was answered in about 2 seconds by an agent who was cheerful and actually interacted with me. He also tried to upsell me on dinner cruises, etc but did it very smoothly.

AND I usually go to WDW over my birthday, and this was the first time that an agent asked and I think that he even put a note on my res about it. (Not that I expect anything, but it was nice to have someone be happy for me that I get to spend my birthday at WDW again)

Overall, the quality of reservations seems to have improved over the past year. So kudos to reservations, and in particular Orlando (the name of the CM) who was great.

I had a great CM for Disney Dining. He was so nice. It was the day that CP packages went on sale, but it was also 90 days out for my CM PS. He actaully asked if there was a special occasion, and I said no, my birthday was 4 days later. He said he as going to put it on the PS anyway!

For my birthday, we'll be eating at Alfedo's for lunch.

I also got a great CM last week when for some reason my CBR reservation got cancelled. I was in a panic. She went through all my options, and got us into POFQ, which is where we really wanted to stay, but up until then, couldn't get a discounted room.

It's amazing how nice everyone was, and Frances was about to strike a few days later.

This CM was actually happy for me that I got CBR at such a great AP rate!

So hopefully this is a positive sign that they have done a lot of training in the call centres and we will see things continue in this vein - great job! :tongue:

I've had mostly great experiences everytime I've called for this trip. Only one or two who weren't terribly excited, and none that were anything but pleasant.

Great job!

I think I had the same great CM last week, his name was Orlando too! I was trying to add on Friday night to my Saturday - Wednesday reservation (all of which I wound up cancelling BTW, darn Frances!) and he tried so hard to find me a room, and eventually did at the Wyndham. When I was hesitant, he talked me into it, and the whole time he was joking around with me and everything. He had to put me on hold a couple of times, and when he'd come back on the line, he asked me what songs were playing, and if I was singing along with them. When I said I was, he said the next time he was going to come back on in the middle of me singing and try to catch me! :) LOL!!
But he did definitely leave an impression on me, genuinely nice guy and very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter