• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Rate at PBH - but.... ( a little long)

disneyispi

Mouseketeer
Thanks for everyone's input into Universal! :bounce: :bounce:

I got a great rate at Portofino - $169 a night w/ the 4th night free (courtesy of Expedia.com) - and it's a Bay View Room!!!

I used the Kissimmee discount and received a 5-day pass for the price of 2 - total price $104 (I needed delivery of 2-3 business days.

Unlike Disney, the package prices for PBH, HRC, & RP were NO savings at all, especially for a single traveler.

Example: Garden View at PBH for 4 nights, 3 day ticket, full access to Citywalk, 1 movie ticket, and either a dinner or a lunch at HRC was $1,534.62:confused: :confused: . According to the ressie agent, this included the Fan Club discount and was a "better" discount than Loews card. :confused: :confused:

My entire trip for 4 nights and tickets including taxes and surcharges was $685!!:Pinkbounc

Either that was a very expensive lunch/dinner of $700 and the movie ticket must have been $200. I doubt it. When I asked about the HUGE difference in "discounts" I was told that I was penalized because I was travelling alone.

At LEAST, DIsney doesn't discriminate.

The rates were significantly less if I traveled BEFORE my disney trip. So, I'm hoping that my expectations will not be SO high after leaving Universal that I'll be disappointed at WDW. I doubt it. I'm a STRONG DIS supporter and have found that every other park pales in comparison. But I'll keep an open mind.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP AND ADVICE. I COULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT YOU ALL!!!

I'll have my PC so I'll post my experiences. Thanks again!

:) :)

Packages, IMHO, are never much of a bargain. Booking it smartly and individually always saves money, especially if you read these boards.

I'm a little confused, was this quoted by Expedia or by Universal?

Also, after being onsite at USF it IS hard to stand on those lines at Disney, no matter HOW much you love the parks. I did that once and will never do it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter