• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Quick Service locations for adults?

BudgieMama

DIS Veteran
Hello fellow adults! ;)

We've booked again for next year (hooray!) and as we're staying at a moderate this time, have free QSDP with our package. We basically didn't eat QS anywhere other than at the resort last time, because we were so full from our TS meals, but this time it'll be QS all the way (apart from a couple of out of pocket TS meals).

I was going to ask this in the restaurant board, but I actually am more interested in hearing from other people who travel without children in tow. We're not bothering about finding adult drinks (alcohol is so expensive compared to what we'd pay over here!) but looking for interesting, varied food choices (preferably with some places with the odd healthy option, as we're there two weeks!). We're not to fussy about types of food, and I'd love to experience some of the variety available at WDW.

Where do you love to eat QS? Why? Hidden gems/popular spots both welcome! :D

Thanks in advance!

There are many awesome options. We almost always eat at TS Restaurants, but in recent years, we've been trying to throw in some QS as well for some variety like you said. One of my favorites on property is Captain Cook's at The Poly. Something for everyone for sure. Great variety. Some of my other favorites are The Golden Oak Outpost heading into Frontierland from Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom (a "hidden gem" in my opinion), Sleepy Hollow also in the Magic Kingdom, if you can get in to Be Our Guest fantastic QS option before dinner in The Magic Kingdom, Flame Tree BBQ in the Animal Kingdom, Minn and Bill's at Hollywood Studios (Amazing Shakes!), Also the Writer's Stop at Hollywood has some awesome snacks including The Carot Cake Cookie!, The Boulangerie Patisserie in France at EPCOT, The Cantina in Mexico at EPCOT, The Fish and Chips Shop in The UK at EPCOT, The Bakery in Norway at EPCOT, Gaspirilla Grill at The Grand Floridian, The Boardwalk Bakery and The Food Court at Art of Animation Resort is delicious! These are some of my favorites, and I think some of the best there are! Hope you find this helpful :).

In Magic Kingdom, I like to sit upstairs at Columbia Harbor House. It is much quieter and sometimes you can get a table that looks out over the walkway between Fantasyland and Liberty Square.
In Epcot, I love Boulangerie Patisserie in France, and when it's cool, an outside seat at Katsura Grill. Tangerine Cafe is also good. My favorite, overall is Sunshine Seasons in the Land, for all of the choices, but it can be crowed and noisy, with many families, since it is right wear the Soarin' and Listen to the Land attractions are.
Hollywood Studios- it's basically just a coffee shop, and since they have opened the Trolley Station on Hollywood Blvd, I'm not really sure it's still there, but it was back on NY street behind Sci Fi Dine In, and it's a little bookstore
At DTD, I like Wolfgang Puck Express on either the Westside or Marketplace, and Cooke's of Dublin. I haven't tried the food trucks, but have heard really nice things about them.
Happy Eating!!!:teeth:

Hello fellow adults! ;)

We've booked again for next year (hooray!) and as we're staying at a moderate this time, have free QSDP with our package. We basically didn't eat QS anywhere other than at the resort last time, because we were so full from our TS meals, but this time it'll be QS all the way (apart from a couple of out of pocket TS meals).

I was going to ask this in the restaurant board, but I actually am more interested in hearing from other people who travel without children in tow. We're not bothering about finding adult drinks (alcohol is so expensive compared to what we'd pay over here!) but looking for interesting, varied food choices (preferably with some places with the odd healthy option, as we're there two weeks!). We're not to fussy about types of food, and I'd love to experience some of the variety available at WDW.

Where do you love to eat QS? Why? Hidden gems/popular spots both welcome! :D

Thanks in advance!

Hi Budgiemamma: My husband and I are in the same boat this year. We always had basic dining, but couldn't get it this year at POR. So, we decided to just eat OOP and pay for a couple of TS meals. We did the same thing. We had 8 QS meals left the last day of our vacation. So, am looking forward to some good QS places too. We have eaten at Columbia Harbor House, and it was great. Also love flame tree at AK. We love Earl of Sandwick at DTD, and want to try wolfgang puck express too. So, I am interested in this report too.

Some great suggestions on here. We will be there on Tuesday and have QS. We will definitely try out some of the places mentioned and I will report back on here.

My favorite is Wolf Gang Puck Express. You order then sit down and still have a server. Only counts as a Quick Service Credit. I've only ever had their different pizzas there and they are fantastic. They are not "Disney" pizzas you get in the park.

In Magic Kingdom, I like to sit upstairs at Columbia Harbor House. It is much quieter and sometimes you can get a table that looks out over the walkway between Fantasyland and Liberty Square.

Yes! I love to find spots like this to relax and people watch

Some good suggestions here. I'll second Columbia Harbor House (MK) and Earl of Sandwich (DTD). I also like Sommerfest in Germany (EP).

I like getting a sundae from the Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street in MK.

Cookes of Dublin (DTD) is also good, but it looks like you're from the UK so may not be of particular interest. But if you're homesick for a pint, Raglan Road (DTD) and Cookes (next door), and the Rose and Crown (EP) are good places to start.

Go to Tangierine Cafe and get a lamb shawarma platter! One of my must-do meals every year.

I really wanted one of the new Gourmet Grilled Cheese sandwiches at Epcot this year, but they were closed when I went by.

We love Wolfgang Puck Express, BOG(Lunch), Sunshine Seasons, Pepper Market at CSR, Earl of Sandwich, Fairfax Fair at HS, and Flametree Barbeque at AK.

We tried Wolfgang Puck Express today. Had the chicken with mashed potatoes. The pizzas were a very popular choice I noticed.

We attempted to visit the Flametree BBQ at AK, but it is closed for refurbishment!

I really like La Cantina at Epcot. The food was surprisingly good. You can get a sit close to the lake and have a really nice view while you eat. Columbia Harbour house is nice to eat at for the quiet upstairs. We have retreated there a few times to eat just for that reason. The food is decent. Of course Be Our Guest quick service lunch is very cool to eat at. The turkey sandwich was great.
And a different note a good use of a snack credit is sleepy hollow. Last year we got a waffle with fruit and Nutella for using the snack credit.

So many good QS restaurants!! Here are just a few of my favorites:

Sunshine Seasons food court at The Land in Epcot has really, really good food. (It's probably my overall favorite QS restaurant on Disney property.) Tangierine Cafe has delicious Moroccan food and you get a LOT of it, too. If you're in the mood for Mexican, La Cantina has yummy tacos, nachos, etc.

Yak and Yeti QS at AK is an excellent choice as is Flame Tree BBQ once it's open again. :)

I have a really hard time with QS at DHS, but there's a new menu at the Backlot Express. I might have to give it a try!

There's something about the cheeseburger at Pecos Bill's at MK that I cannot resist. Maybe it's the toppings bar!!

Outside of the parks, I agree that Earl of Sandwich at DTD is great; the food trucks there are fun, too. The food court at POFQ has some unique offerings like beignets in the morning and muffaletta sandwiches for lunch/dinner. Captain Cook's at the Poly has a lot of good choices - you can even get the pulled pork nachos they serve at the Tambu Lounge. (OMG - they are SO GOOD.)

I'm sure there are more, but off the top of my head, these are the QS places I hit up time and again. Hope this helps!

Most of my faves have already been suggested, but I want to chime in so that you can hear that these are truly good choices!

Downtown Disney - Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express
Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbor House and Be Our Guest lunch
Hollywood Studios - I'm only suggesting these for the snacks... Starring Rolls for cupcakes (they have sandwiches, too!) and The Writer's Stop (I don't know if they have actual meals but their baked goods are delicious!)

Tangierine in Epcot has some great food! Its all Mediterranean so most of it is pretty healthy i.e Hummas, pita bread, gyros. Not to mention very tasty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter