Great Offsite Hotel

pklein9747

Earning My Ears
y husband and I just returned from five great days in Orlando...and had a fabulous time!!!!

We stayed at the Baymont Inn on Rt 192, only 7 minutes from the Disney entrance. This small hotel (Approx 100 rooms) is only 3 years old and is a great value! We secured a rate of $54 per night on the web, but found a coupon on roomsavers.com for $49/night which the hotel honored. While basic, the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff far outway the lack of numerous amenities.

The hotel is clean, clean, clean. :) :) After reading so many horrid tales of mold and mildew, as well as dirty carpeting and bedding in so many of the chain hotels in the area, I was afraid what we might find. But this place is spotless and the staff pays attention to detail. The rooms are basic - two queen beds, a large desk, dresser, 25" TV and two chairs. A large vanity area is separate from the bathroom which is convenient when one is taking a shower and the other wants to put on makeup, etc. The room could easily accommodate four.

The Baymont offers a good continental breakfast with make-your-own-fresh-waffles. A good selection of pastries, breads, croissants, and cereals compliments the coffees and juices. While the breakfast area is small - only 9 tables - we never seemd to have a problem getting a seat as we were up early each morning to get a jump on the day.

We didn't use the pool - the weather was too cool - but we checked it out. It too looked very clean, but it's small. I would imagine that in the heat of the summer, if everyone was in the pool, it would be crowded.

We found that this hotel was very popular with couples and business travelers. That's not to say that children were not welcomed; there were several families staying there, but since the hotel doesn't offer a playground or kids suites or video games like others in the area, maybe families want more. Hey, but my thinking is...who needs a playground when you have Disney!!!

We would certainly return to the Baymont in the future. If you're considering this great, little hotel and have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Thanks for the great review.

Where abouts on 192 is this hotel located?

Do they have a website?

We stayed at a Baymont Inn for 2 nights on a trip to Hershey Park. It was the Baymont Inn (near the airport). Won it on Priceline for $28 night. I second what the OP said. Very Clean, Good continenatal Breakfast, Don't know if I could stay there for a week but 1 or 2 days would be fine!

curly :wave2:

Thanks for the great review on The Baymont Inn! I have been researching offsite hotels for a Disney vacation in the next year. The Baymont Inn was on my list. Our preference would be a close hotel to Disney. Clean and new but don't need lots of extras. The cont. beakfast is a plus. My son will be five at the time. We are there for Disney and Sea World so we won't be in the room alot.

Is there a free shuttle?
Did you notice if they have kitchennettes?
Thanx:wave:

Thanks for your thorough review! I'll definitely put it on our "go to" list (as opposed to our "stay away!" list) :) Seems like a good value.

The rates for standard rooms at my vacation time 8/4- 8/18, was $79 a night. I need one standard and one kitchenette. I got that for $39.95 and $49.95 at Ho Jo MGE. I was hoping to pay less than my $1,500 quote there but I'm still looking. Thanx though.

Maybe this could help someone:

Holiday Inn Maingate East currently has this offer.
Never stayed there but Im sure you could check these boards for reviews.
Wish I knew how to post the link...sorry.

Stay 3 nights and get your 4th night FREE!
Call 1-800-366-5437 and request the "WOW" special offer.
For a limited time, stay 3 nights only 3 miles from the Walt Disney World Resort® and your 4th night is FREE! Blackout dates apply.

call 1-800-366-5437 and request the "WOW" special offer .

Enjoy deluxe accommodations featuring two double beds, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, iron/ironing board and more!

Upgrade to a KidSuite for an additional $20.00 per night plus tax or to a 2-Room Suite for an additional $30.00 per night plus tax!

3 miles from Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, MGM Studios, Epcot Center and Animal Kingdom

FREE Scheduled shuttle to the 4 Disney theme parks

FREE Breakfast and dinner for children 12 and under with “Kids Eat Free” program

FREE Nightly family movies in our movie theater

Official Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® Hotel

614 rooms including KidSuites, Deluxe Guest Rooms and 2-Room Suites

Meeting facilities ideal for small meetings, wedding receptions, parties & reunions

Play family games for a chance to win a Grand prize! Click here for details

Click here to check availability or make reservations now or call 1-800-366-5437 and request the "WOW" rate code. Discount based on Rack Rate (regular rate) and cannot be combined with any other discounts or special rates. Rate is based on space available and might be higher depending on season. New reservations only. Rate is for individual reservations only; not available for groups or special events (sports competitions, etc). Blackout dates apply.

HTH
curly :wave2:
(THIS IS NOT THE HOLIDAY INN FAMILY SUITES)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter