• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Non Park Restaurants

warriorboy648

Mouseketeer
I am going to Orlando with my 11 year old daughter in two weeks. We are staying at the Hilton Orlando right off of International Drive. I've never been to Orlando and not visited the parks so I need help with where to eat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Boma is a great family restaurant. I'd also take a look at 1900 Park Fare(a nice buffet), Grand Floridian Cafe, Ohana, and Cape May Buffet. All are decent quality food and an overall fun experience.

Our Off-Site Recommendations:
. . . Café D'Antonio - Celebration, Casual Italian
. . . Oceanaire - International Drive, Really Fresh Seafood
. . . Norman's, - Orlando Ritz Hotel, Fine Dining
. . . Venetian Room - Caribe Royale Hotel, Fine Dining
. . . Vito's - International Drive, Steaks and Chops

NOTE: Skip Boma. It has great soup (really great soup),
but little else worth the trip. Besides, it is terribly overpriced.

Several places we enjoy are California Grille...view of the castle and the fireworks...really great! Whispering Canyon was alot of fun for the kids...Ohano was delicious.

All of the Disney Deluxe resorts and Downtown Disney have some pretty good options for meals. It depends on what meal are you interested in (breakfast, lunch, or dinner).

Breakfast: Boma (AKL) has a really good buffet. Lots of the typical items, plus a few with an African twist.

Lunch: Raglan Road (DTD) has quite an extensive menu and one of my favorite desserts (Dunbrody Jaffa Kiss).

Dinner: Almost any of the Signature restaurants have good items. My favorites are Narcoossee's and California Grill. Both also have excellent views of the fireworks (if you go outside).

We love Boma at the AKL. We like to lok for animals before or after our ressie too. It's a must for every trip. It's good and everyone finds something they like.

Moving this to Orlando Attractions as it appears the OP is asking about restaurants outside Disney property.

Thanks, I am looking for non Disney restaurants although we will be going to Downtown Disney, but no parks this trip.

Has anyone been to a good (or bad) seafood restaurant/buffet near International Drive.

Not seafood but still really good is Sonny's BBQ. We look forward to eating here every trip

Unfortunately, there really aren't any really good seafood restaurants in the greater Orlando area. There are some isolated decent fish/shellfish dinners but no one place.

Now, on the other hand if you want to drive a touch (not far at all) to Apopka and like fried, go to Fish and Chips on 434 (on the Apopka Altamonte Springs border). That chef knows EXACTLY what he is doing and does it perfectly every time.

They have fresh and excellent seafood and you won't be disappointed.

Another place we enjoy is Ceviche in downtown Orlando. It's a tapas place that is very extensive and very nice.

Hamburger Mary's is good too. It's a chain, but the one in Orlando does it well.

If you like Asian, head to the area of 50/Colonial just east of I4 and Semoran. There are a number of Vietnamese and Thai restaurants in that area.

Panchos on 436 (Semoran) is a great place for authentic Cuban. A family owned place with a fabulous bakery case too.

If you want to be really adventurous and try to find Yellow Dog Eats Cafe in Gotha (about 20 minutes from WDW area) you will be delighted. It's incredibly creative and delicious food, and well worth the hunt.

Hope that helps a bit!

Thanks, I am looking for non Disney restaurants although we will be going to Downtown Disney, but no parks this trip.

Has anyone been to a good (or bad) seafood restaurant/buffet near International Drive.

A good seafood restaurant is Bonefish Grill on Sand Lake Road west of I-4. You won't be disappointed.

We like Bahama Breeze. It's on International Drive and I believe it's a local chain. The kids really love looking at the fish tank and I enjoy the salad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter