• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Movie Ride tip

amylovesdisney

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
When we arrived at the line last week, we noticed the entrance to the right seemed open. The line was getting pretty long on the left, though. We just knew the right side must not be open but we took a chance. While the left side was waiting outside the building, we walked right through into the main building (where the movie screen plays clips).

Not a fast pass line but the 4 of us kept looking at each other and laughing at our good luck.

Just a tip to pass along - worth looking into if you want to check out both sides to make sure you have a choice.

I don't really understand the left & right you're describing. In all of my trips (many - see my sig), there's always been only one line as you enter the building, and it switches to 2 lines inside the building when you're in the room with all the switch-backs where you watch the movie clips (the room right before you board).

When we first entered the building, there were two "lanes" at the entrance. Waaay before the movie room.

We honestly thought we would get turned back but we took a chance.

This right-hand lane was an empty queue within the movie room. Someone must've noticed that we took that lane because it filled up behind us.

Guess we led the pack!

I know exactly what you're referring too... but typically the rope is up or a Cast Member is there dictating which line you should go into. Consider yourself VERY lucky!!

The left side of the Great Movie Ride takes you through the gangster scene. The right side takes you through the bandit (aka the cowboy) scene. Most people are only familiar with the left side because the right side is only operated during peak times, such as last week's President's Day holiday. And even during those peak times, you're not always guaranteed to be able to ride on the right side. :)

We went last month and there was only one side open, yet for the first time ever we got to see the cowboy scene. I was pretty darn excited! :laughing:

I've never seen the cowboy scene. Is there some way to request this one? In other words, is it run all the time and do the CMs running it know which each tram will get?

:rotfl2: We did the cowboy scene too! We thought we had accidentally stepped into the fastpass line, as did everybody else in it. We skipped all of the line-up area outside the theatre area, and walked all the way into theatre, right down to the door side of the theatre.

That must have saved us a lot of time. At least now I know why we didn't see all the same things as last year. :rotfl2:

The left side of the Great Movie Ride takes you through the gangster scene. The right side takes you through the bandit (aka the cowboy) scene. Most people are only familiar with the left side because the right side is only operated during peak times, such as last week's President's Day holiday. And even during those peak times, you're not always guaranteed to be able to ride on the right side. :)

Ah, good to know. Maybe if I ask real nice I can go through the right side since I have never seen the cowboy scene. It never hurts to ask. Really would like to see that scene.

AHA! So that is why we haven't seen the cowboys in so long - we always travel with my auntie in a wheelchair and they always make wheelchairs go to the left!!

AHA! So that is why we haven't seen the cowboys in so long - we always travel with my auntie in a wheelchair and they always make wheelchairs go to the left!!

Yes, they do send wheelchairs left...but you can request to be put in the "cowboy car". We did that in August and were able to see the cowboy shoot 'em up for the first time and loved it!

The same thing happened to us on the Pirate ride - HOWEVER:confused: we were in the slow moving line. Why, would we get in the slow moving ride, you may ask? Because once we were in the line they opened up the other side after we were already in line and couldn't gross over (or under) the rope, because they we were that far along.

In all my trips, I had never seen the Cowboy scene. When we got up to the front of the movie clips room, we asked the CM if they were running the cowboy that day and if we could be in a cowboy tram since my friend and I had never seen it. They said if we wanted to wait another 5 or 10 mins they could accomodate us, since the tram they were loading up was doing the gangster. The CMs were super nice and loaded us up in the next Cowboy tram...they even put us up front with the driver. We got alot of heckling from the cowboy. So if you want to see the Cowboy scene, just ask to see if they can accomodate you.

Dang we always get the gangster too! (but I have seen the cowboy one once). Last 2 trips, though, we've somehow ended up on the front row and get the "what are you looking at?" from the gangster, which cracks my husband up.

It'd be nice if they'd swap off and start letting people see the cowboy side for a while, though.

Yes, they do send wheelchairs left...but you can request to be put in the "cowboy car". We did that in August and were able to see the cowboy shoot 'em up for the first time and loved it!
Depending on how they are running the cars and whether or not the person is able to get out of the wheelchair, that might not be possible (it doesn't hurt to ask). Someone who can get out of the wheelchair to board the ride car can be directed to any row. Someone who needs to stay in the wheelchair can only ride in the back of the ride car.

Depending on how they are running the cars and whether or not the person is able to get out of the wheelchair, that might not be possible (it doesn't hurt to ask). Someone who can get out of the wheelchair to board the ride car can be directed to any row. Someone who needs to stay in the wheelchair can only ride in the back of the ride car.

Yes, that is right, I should have said the person in the chair has to be able to transfer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter