Great Movie Ride Same Thing

JacksBack!!

Mouseketeer
The Great Movie Ride opened and its the same old thing. I rode it yesterday, and even thought the script is changed, its changed so little you might not even notice. Its just some different words thrown in. No new show scenes either. Not much jokes thrown into the script either, the only thing new is at the mummy scene the tour guide says, "I see dead people", and "Thats what I call a wrap." All the rest of the diloge is almost the same. The audio is improved though. They now give the gangster who steals the ride a mic on them so you can hear what they are saying when they rob you. But the ride is the same, you will have to wait for 2004 when a new end ride film goes in, and maybe a new scene or two.

I though it was just a rehab anyway. I wasn't under the impression that they were going to change the ride at all.

It WAS a rehab, not a re-do. The whole ride was cleaned, re-painted and refreshed, but there aren't a lot of places where it's particularly evident, since new things were not added. The Munchkins are much brighter and have been "gussied up" a bit more, and there are new kinds of fog and goo being used in Aliens. Stuff like that.

If they were going to change out the ride or even just the script, the rehab would have been considerably longer!

:earsboy:

I, for one, am glad not alot changed.....I'm still trying to figure out how to break it to my DH that Alien is now Stich !!!!

Dollywood in 2003
WDW in 2003
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

They said they were going to make the script a Jungle Cruise like script (sources "Screamscape and wdwmagic.com). That means lots of jokes and stuff. Well that was not the case. There is one are two jokes in it that are pretty flat. The audio is good though. And I knew they were not adding anymore new scenes. Now excuse me as I go ride Mission Space and Shrek all day tomorrow on my day off.

From what I understand, the film at the end will not be different but just digitally remastered.

They said they were going to make the script a Jungle Cruise like script

JacksBack , that was rumor, like many others, that never panned out.

Did they fix the Busby Berkely thing???Last time I rode it the wedding cake of girls just sat there...didn't it used to spin???

Dzneelvr.... don't explain too much to DH... I was in Alien last week & it is still Alien....not Stitch.... so tell him he need not worry.......at least not yet......

i talked to a cm and almost broke down into tears in april. he had told me that the ride was undergoing major rehab and being completely redone with new movies and everything. thank god he didnt know what he was talking about.

It could stand some new paint and a slightly different script, but it doesn't mean that it needs a complete overhaul. Adding movies would be fine as long as they kept the ones the have. Maybe like a James Bond scene or Field of Dreams could add some variety, but a complete re-do isn't necessary.

"I believe in rules. I also believe I have a right to test the rules by seeing how far they can be bent."
-Leo Durocher

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter