Great Moments with Walt Disney DVC event

Thank you hjgaus and kikiq for your reviews. I grew up watching Walt on TV every Sunday evening so it sounds like something I would really enjoy!

Another question: did they offer any refreshments? Just wondering if I should bring a bottle of water with me or if they provided something at the event.

My DH was commenting that the old black and white TV they first put on the screen was like the one his parents had. I don't remember what my parents' first TV was like but I remember watching "The Wonderful World of Color" on a pop up color TV. But I do remember watching The Mickey Mouse Club in black and white.

No gifts or refreshments, unless you count the button they gave us. I thought it was mainly for IDing the guests going to the DVC event and not the movies. I had a water bottle in my purse.

Young children under 8 probably would be bored.
I second this. There were two families at the 10:30 am session who each had more than one child younger than 8 with them. The show did not hold their attention and the younger kids were bored.

I'm glad to hear it's not a sales pitch! I can't go to the Hollywood Studios without watching "One Man's Dream", so this sounds like fun.
:thumbsup2

We're going to the 'Boston' one on 4/27. It's nice to have a free event to go to that is only a half hour drive for us! Looking forward to it!

We'll be there for the Chicago event. Checked everyday for the RSVP to become active and jumped on it immediately. We (family) are big Walt Disney history fans and can never get enough about his past and all that led to the wonderful organization we know today. Glad to hear that is what this event is all about. Can't wait!! It's rare we have something directly Disney this close to home so there's no way were missing this opportunity.

Well it seems like there will be a few from the boards here on Saturday. There are still spots open for the presentation at MSI on the 12th. Per the member site they added some spots to some of the other sold out dates in other cities as well.

Very much looking forward to this event. :goodvibes

For those who have attended, what do you need to bring as a "ticket"?
I tried to RSVP on the member website, was unable to do so (sold out), e-mailed to express my disappointment and was told they had opened additional seats and would sign me up. But I don't have a confirmation ticket or anything. I plan on bringing the e-mail and my response and my DVC card. Should I need anything else?
(attending the "Boston" event)

For those who have attended, what do you need to bring as a "ticket"?
I tried to RSVP on the member website, was unable to do so (sold out), e-mailed to express my disappointment and was told they had opened additional seats and would sign me up. But I don't have a confirmation ticket or anything. I plan on bringing the e-mail and my response and my DVC card. Should I need anything else?
(attending the "Boston" event)

The original confirmation e-mail I received when I signed up noted in the e-mail that I should print and bring that e-mail. The event in Chicago is tomorrow and DVC sent me another e-mail last night with directions on parking, the time the doors would open, etc. It says Disney Cast Members will be available to direct us to the appropriate entrance. It also states to print and bring this e-mail as well as ID. So I will bring both emails just to be sure. Also all registered on the ticket must enter at the same time.

I went to the one in Chicago and it was wonderful. It brought back memories of watching Walt as I was growing up. It was not something for small children. If you can go I would highly recommend it.

We also were at the Chicago show today. It really was a wonderful presentation! No sales pitch at all, just audio and video clips that were pretty amazing when you realize they are 50 to 60 years old! If it is coming your way, try to go see it!

We also were at the Chicago show today. It really was a wonderful presentation! No sales pitch at all, just audio and video clips that were pretty amazing when you realize they are 50 to 60 years old! If it is coming your way, try to go see it!

Agree, loved it!

If you tried to sign up and got a "Sold Out" message for this upcoming weekend, you may still be in luck! I received an e-mail today to let me know that I hadn't completed my registration, and should confirm how many people would be in my party and what time I preferred. Nice surprise!

I attended the one in the Boston area (Lexington) yesterday. They had a stand-by line and I believe most of those people were able to get in. While I liked the show, I can't say I "loved" it - I was a little under-whelmed despite being a Disney-nut. The sound quality was not great - I do realize the tapes were quite old. My DH, DS19 and DD17 got very sleepy at one point and they are also huge fans. Could be the theater was too dark and too warm! The price was right and as others have said, there was no sales pitch (or freebies either!). I had no idea who the two people were presenting the show until after it started - a lot of guests had photo ops with them before the show, with their Disney Files prominently displayed. I felt left out of some secret.

I would go again because it was 10 minutes from my house but would not go far out of my way.

I also attended the show in Lexington Ma yesterday. I was the last person in the standby line. There were seats available for more people.

I loved the show because I'm an Art Historian. Tim O'Day is a Disney Historian. He has a very prominent speaking voice and did a very good job narrating the show with Ryan March the editor of the Disney Files magazine.

The venue was very pleasant because it was in the National Heritage Museum auditorium.

It was exciting to see video of Walt interacting with people in such a charming way.

Many people stayed after the show to talk to and take photos with Tim and Ryan. They were very interested in hearing our comments about the show.

I hope they plan to do more interactive shows like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter