• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Gifts for kids-post things you've found.

Tinijocaro

DIS Veteran
Nostalgia Electrics makes a Cotton Candy Maker. We got it for dd10's birthday. This thing has mostly great reviews. We used it last night and it is pretty amazing.

You can use colored sugar (only about half a teaspoon) or two hard candies. This is a solid little machine that makes real cotton candy.

In case anyone is looking for that hard to find gift. Here's a link to it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...aps&field-keywords=cotton+candy+maker&x=0&y=0

All of my kids (10, 12, 14, and 16) were thrilled with it.

The card game Anomia was a Christmas gift last year that I found on Amazon-a huge hit with everyone who plays it. Easy to learn, easy to play, can be as short or long as you like and there will be lots of laughs.

Post your tried and true "finds".

My daughter would love that! Thanks for the idea! She wants an "ice cream ball" that you roll or toss around for 15 minutes and it makes homemade ice cream. I haven't researched or purchased it yet. My (hopefully) cool find for the year was something called Rory's Story Cubes. They are several dice with pictures on them and you make up a story based on the pictures you roll. I found them on Amazon for well under $10 and thought they'd make a good stocking stuffer.

I don't know if it's a great idea for kids but something I found this year that I went !!!! at but didn't buy was this alarm clock with wheels on Amazon... basically, if you hit snooze more than once, it'll run off whatever surface it is on and run around the room making loud noises until you wake up and catch it. It was cheaper when I initially found it so I suppose it was on sale. It's a really cute idea for the oversleeper, but I imagine it'd get old after awhile.

One of my DS favorite gifts last Christmas was an air popcorn popper. He LOVED it. And I love it too :goodvibes It cost less than $15 - and it's a gift that we actually are still using frequently, one year later.

For another card game that is easy to play - we like Racko. We've gotten a couple of new sets over the years. We have even packed it to go to Florida on vacation.

My daughter would love that! Thanks for the idea! She wants an "ice cream ball" that you roll or toss around for 15 minutes and it makes homemade ice cream. I haven't researched or purchased it yet.

DD got one of these for Christmas last year. It does work. The ice cream is good and the kids had fun playing with it, but it did not make very much ice cream at once.

I don't know if it's a great idea for kids but something I found this year that I went !!!! at but didn't buy was this alarm clock with wheels on Amazon... basically, if you hit snooze more than once, it'll run off whatever surface it is on and run around the room making loud noises until you wake up and catch it. It was cheaper when I initially found it so I suppose it was on sale. It's a really cute idea for the oversleeper, but I imagine it'd get old after awhile.

That is cool. I need this for DD11.

I haven't really done any shopping yet. I was thinking about getting an ice cream maker for the family. We had some homemade ice cream at a party this summer and everyone enjoyed that.

Kids will get some gift cards, just not sure exactly what...after that??

I live in a house full of scrooges so Christmas is getting to the point that it just isn't worth all the time and effort I go through to make it nice for everyone, sad to say. I'm just having a really hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year.

If your kids like Legos, Target has a gift card with Legos attached. A 48 piece Lego set for basically, free! Can't beat that! Each of my kids will be getting one of those gift cards in their stockings.

If your kids like Legos, Target has a gift card with Legos attached. A 48 piece Lego set for basically, free! Can't beat that! Each of my kids will be getting one of those gift cards in their stockings.

Where did you see them in Target? Back by the toys? Our oldest has always liked legos and Target gift cards are always welcome!

I meant to do this, but never got around to it, and I'm finished shopping now:

For DD#1, one share of Disney stock. Last time I checked it was $24 and change for one share, plus $39 "processing."

For DD#2, one share of Starbucks at $32 and change plus same processing fee.

Each share comes matted and framed (high-quality cardboard stock, upgradable at an extra charge.)'

The website is oneshare,com

Queen Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter