Great Exercise Tape?

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
Do you have (or know about) a good tape for cardio in the home? I have been doing well with my eating but I need to exercise. We will be in Disney in August & I would like to get fit by then.

I use Cher's step tape from (i kid you not) 1990! Ok its old but its fun enough to pass the 40 minutes by. Anyone have a step, cardio, or just a good general exercise tape/cd that you like? (Beginner to moderate) No way can I do an advanced. Thanks!!!!!

I love the DVD's by Leslie Sansone! They are aerobic walking. Very simple...and yet a great workout. I have worked up to the 3 mile with weights. I think the set that I have is the Walk Away the Pounds series. See if you can get some videos or DVD's from the library near you before spending money on anything. This is how I found these DVD's. Good luck to you.

Stephanie in Idaho
The 6' of snow turned to pixie dust... :tink: only 57 days till WDW!
DH... :tigger: can't wait to see Tigger again!
ME... :eeyore: Just happy to be going back again!

I have just started the firm. I got it at Target for $69 I believe. It seems really good, they do cardio & weight training. I use two steps, & you do alot of lunges (great for the legs). You also use a 3, 5 & 8 Lb weights. It is a total body workout. It comes with three tapes, the first last's 30 min's, the 2nd last's 45 min's, & I think the 3rd last's 55 min's ( I have not gotten to the 3rd yet).

I also do the FIRM tapes and the Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds....they are both very good! Right now, I do one day of the FIRM, and then the next day Leslie Sansone......it makes for a good combination of cardio and weight training/toning. Actually, 5 years ago when I started doing the FIRM tapes, I did them religiously every day, and I got into the best shape I've ever been in! I was a SAHM back then, though, so I did get the chance to work out everyday, but now I work out 4-5 times a week, on my lunch hour.

I like Denise Austin. "Squeeze those buns, or noone else will!" She's on every morning on Lifetime, too. I forget the name of the first show (with the yoga and pilates and stuff), but the cardio one is Daily Workout.

Do you have access to Lifetime channel? If so, Denise Austin does two 30 minute shows in the morning from M-F. In the midwest, the show starts at 6AM. I have about 7 VHS tapes over the years of her workouts and they are perfect for me. The first couple of weeks were a little difficult but after that, I felt the workout but could still finish it. That way it's nearly free instead of purchasing workouts on tape. I'm more of a fan of her shows than the videos of hers that are sold in stores.
FYI, I did purchase the FIRM a couple of years ago when I was a workout queen and needed some more variety. I like the FIRM.

Hi,
I also agree with Siouxi31 about Densie Austin, years ago, before I had DD, I would watch her show and do her tapes. I have just started back last week with exercising to her show and tapes/dvds after years of letting myself go. Can't blame it on DD, I was nothing but baby and lost the baby weight before I got out of hospital, but had to have a c-section and that was really hard to recover, so I let myself go. But this is a webiste that can offer you many different instructors and different types of work outs: www. collagevideo.com Good luck :cheer2:

I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you to try Billy Blanks' Tae Bo. It can be pretty advanced, but he has DVD's and tapes for those of us not as apt to keep up. :rolleyes: I just did it today after a week break...decided to go walking last week instead, and my legs are still burning...worked out over 2 hours ago, but it feels great!! :thumbsup2 You can find his stuff in Walmart and/or Target.

Good luck and good for you for taking that extra step. Believe me, the exercise is a BIG help. I know from experience and my siggie shows it! ;)

Thanks everyone!!!
I will look into what my library had...also will try the walk away the lbs & the firm..

Tiggerlover91 - Congrats on your success!!!!

mommykds said:
Tiggerlover91 - Congrats on your success!!!!

Thank you! :blush: You're the 3rd one in two days to tell me so. It helps right now since I don't feel I'm doing my best. But I see an Atkins 2 week induction in the making very soon so I can drop these last 15 pounds and lose these last 5 inches in my waist. :teeth: :goodvibes

Tiggerlover91: May I ask how long it took you to loose the weight and what all did you do to accomplish that?

mylilnikita said:
Tiggerlover91: May I ask how long it took you to loose the weight and what all did you do to accomplish that?

Sure you may ask! :goodvibes

I did Atkins for about 2 years and that's how I took and kept most of the weight off. Only gained back about 5 pounds, but I take it off just as easy. I lost the 40 pounds in about 8 months I believe. My weight loss was slow, but that's as it should be I'm told. :blush:
I also try to work out 3-4 days a week either doing Tae Bo or going for one of my 30-45 minutes walks. I have put A LOT of carbs back into my diet, but I'm a lot more aware of what I'm eating and I know when I need to back off to keep it under control. :p What I'm very aware of is sweets, I only eat them two days a week on Fridays and Saturdays as sweets was my drug! I haven't had one single soda this week and for me that's amazing. When I first started Atkins I stayed away from them completely for about a month. Then I put diet sodas back into my diet and then regular sodas again. I work in a restaurant, so my drinks are free so needless to say over the last 6 months, I had a little much. I've had less soda and more water this week and that's a HUGE plus for me! :woohoo: It takes work and discipline, but once you get it in you, it's hard to get out! :cool1:
Let me know if you have any other questions! This is great, I've had 4 people in 3 days ask me about my weight loss. It motivates me to stay on track and stay aware!! :thumbsup2 Thanks DISers!! :yay:

Blessings,

Denise :cheer2:

I found that I really liked to use the Richard Simmons exercise videos.

His exercise is more like a dance aerobic style, which I like.

It takes a bit to get used to Richard himself but he's not so bad after awhile ;)

I like the Richard Simmons ones. Great music to move to. I think it's called "Dancing to the Oldies" or something like that.

The Firm, The Firm, The Firm. I have seen the absolute BEST results - and don't let the use of weights scare you. You will see results quickly (if used regularly). And they have work-outs that are over an hour, under an hour and broken up into segments if you don't have the time to do the whole tape at once.

I am a huge fan (in case you haven't noticed) and highly recommend. :thumbsup2

Editing to add that my butt has never looked better!!! :blush:

I personally enjoy Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansone because it is fun, Taebo, and P90X (the advanced program by Beachbody).

I have been Firming for years, too, but I am not doing a rotation with it. I think it's very effective for a short period of time because you maximize results doing cardio and strength.

I always recommend people to www.collagevideo.com which I have been buying from for years because they have sample clips and good service.

GL! :wizard:

Have any of you tried Turbo Jam? I've been seeing infomercials for that and it kind of looks like fun.

I'm not a big fan of exercise videos, but ones that are more dance oriented are fun for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter