• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great deal for those of you with jars of change - Free $10 Amazon gift certificate

Crazoo

DIS Veteran
http://www.coinstar.com/US/WebDocs/A1-3-1

8.9% Coinstar fee, so for $30, you would be paying a $2.67 fee.. however, if you choose to get an Amazon or other gift certificate, it's free :yay:
Is there a charge to use a Coinstar® machine?

Yes. For Coins to Cash™ service, we charge an 8.9% processing fee in the United States, a 9.8% processing fee in Canada, and a 7.9% processing fee in the U.K. Some retailers or financial institutions may choose to subsidize this fee. Coin counting is free in select regions of the U.S. if you convert your change to a nationally-branded gift card or eCertificate such as Starbucks®, Borders®, iTunes, Pier1 Imports® or Amazon.com®. To find out if this new ‘no fee’ service is available in your area, go to the machine locator, advanced search.
Search here: http://locator.coinstar.com/

If you don't want anything from Amazon or don't know what to buy, sign up for www.lightningdeals.com to get their daily deal and lightning deals emailed to you every day.

Or check out the gift finder section: http://www.amazon.com/gp/gift-centr...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=313702901&pf_rd_i=507846

Rules:
-The $10 Amazon.com gift certificate offer ends 11/4/07.
-Claims must be postmarked by 11/8/2007.

THANKS for posting this offer.

I have been using coinstar for Amazon, Itunes and Disney Shopping for the past year. It's great.

Question -

If you have for example, $100 in change, do you have to pick one certificate for the total amount ($100) or can you split into 2 or more certificates from multiple vendors ($50 Amazon, $50 Itunes)?

I've never used Coinstar machines. Are they pretty accurate in the counting?

Question -

If you have for example, $100 in change, do you have to pick one certificate for the total amount ($100) or can you split into 2 or more certificates from multiple vendors ($50 Amazon, $50 Itunes)?

I've never used Coinstar machines. Are they pretty accurate in the counting?

I emailed them to ask and they never replied :confused3

Great idea! I have a milk jug ( glass one) on my counter and when its filled I actually take it to my bank, they do it for free, and I end up with about $100 each time, amazing how coins add up so quick.

So if you don't want to pay the fee, and don't want a gift card, ask your bank if they have a coin counter, they will do it for free if you have an account.

Thanks so much for this info. I'm getting a few gift cards for my nephew for Christmas and the coinstar across the street from me pays out with Borders cards...just what I am looking for. I should have enough change now to get him one so that will be one more thing off my list. Thanks again! :thumbsup2

It's not free; they're charging you 8.9% for it. Each summer when we cash in our coin jars, we end up in the $300+ range. So that $10 gift certificate would cost us around $27.

Instead, try Commerce bank (or lots of other banks.) Their coin machines are free.

It's not free; they're charging you 8.9% for it. Each summer when we cash in our coin jars, we end up in the $300+ range. So that $10 gift certificate would cost us around $27.

Instead, try Commerce bank (or lots of other banks.) Their coin machines are free.

There was no 8.9% charge if you chose the Gift Card instead of the cash.

Whenever I try to reload or receive a giftcard, it never works at my local coinstar. I waited for over 10 minutes until I got a message saying that they could not reload my starbucks card. As a courtesy, they didn't charge me the coin counting fee and gave me the printout to redeem for cash, but I am wondering if any of you have had this problem.

If you live in the DC Metro area and are near a Chevy Chase Bank, they will coin count for free, even if you don't have an account there. Just call ahead of time because not every location has a machine, but many do.

Kimya

If you live in the DC Metro area and are near a Chevy Chase Bank, they will coin count for free, even if you don't have an account there. Just call ahead of time because not every location has a machine, but many do.

Kimya

On Long Island, Commerce Bank does the same thing.

Great idea! I have a milk jug ( glass one) on my counter and when its filled I actually take it to my bank, they do it for free, and I end up with about $100 each time, amazing how coins add up so quick.

So if you don't want to pay the fee, and don't want a gift card, ask your bank if they have a coin counter, they will do it for free if you have an account.
LOL, I was going to respond to this, but I posted it..........LOL

did anyone ever get $10? I didn't so far

I didn't take advantage of this offer when it was available, so I don't know what the process was. Was there something to send in and then receive something?

I have done the amazon GC from coinstar, and it was quite easy. We order from there often (see my sig) and so having a GC is pretty much like cash to us. :) So to have the change counted for no fee (I can't even think of a bank around here who won't charge; all of the banks I've asked (and two I'm a member of) charge a 10% fee even if it's ALREADY ROLLED. They say they don't use them directly from other consumers, and their money-moving vehicle services charge them extra when there's lots of rolled coin.

For anyone wondering what you get when you have the coins counted for an amazon certificate this shows you pretty well: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/merchants/coinstar.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter