great car rental rate

lovin_disney

Earning My Ears
Great rental car deal at Orlando airport through Orbitz. $88 for an economy car for the week (plus taxes of course)

I saw this, but I am leary of the company. I believe it was EZ RENT. Has anyone had any experience with any of the companies that have the lowest rates on Orbitz?

Right now Im reserved for a compact for $235 for 8 days:mad:

I too am a cynic and usually believe if a deal looks too good to be true beware.

I checked them out after the Orbitz quote. I think in this case I got a great deal. Here's the info:

AMERICAR - MCCOY JETPORT
5309 MCCOY ROAD
ORLANDO FLORIDA 32812
SHUTTLE 407-851-7800
$88.67 weekly plus taxes and fees

I've read some not good things about them on the DIS. If search is not disabled you might want to see if you can find some posts about them.

There are a few posts on this on the transportation board. Have you tried mousesavers for the codes to use for the rental cars?

Thank you so much for the suggestion to do the "search" function on Americar. What a nightmare. One guy who said he is the cheapest guy on earth would never use them again.

Well I right away went to priceline and managed to get a compact car for $20 a day from Hertz. I then cancelled my reservation with Hertz. I may be paying more but the peace of mind is worth it. This is my vacation and I don't want anything to spoil it.

All of you on these boards are great. Thanks for your advice.

(BTW we leave on August 11 for 7 days. Staying at the WL. I am in the middle of getting a divorce so it is just me and my DS on this trip. It will be good for both of us to get away and have some fun)

I was able to book a car at National for $173 a week for a compact with a contract # from mousesavers. I then used an Entertainment coupon and got two free upgrades. So I am getting a full size car for around $ 25 a day including taxes.

are you sure you have "full size" with two car upgrade from compact it would be intermediate then standard....do not know what the difference between standard and full is but they do have that car class at National.....

Originally posted by lawgs
are you sure you have "full size" with two car upgrade from compact it would be intermediate then standard....do not know what the difference between standard and full is but they do have that car class at National.....

A Standard car is a Monte Carlo, for all intents and purposes, it is a full size car with two doors.

Whatever rental car company you get your car from BE SURE TO CHECK THE "FEES!!!" Florida (especially MCO) is loaded with 'license fees,' battery recovery fees, airport access fees, taxes etc. Also these fees DO vary from company to company. Sometimes those that look the cheapest really aren't. It is important to check all the 'add ons' and there ARE many.

Originally posted by ppiew
Whatever rental car company you get your car from BE SURE TO CHECK THE "FEES!!!" Florida (especially MCO) is loaded with 'license fees,' battery recovery fees, airport access fees, taxes etc. Also these fees DO vary from company to company. Sometimes those that look the cheapest really aren't. It is important to check all the 'add ons' and there ARE many.

All the rental agencies, for the most part, charge the same fees.
The ones you mentioned are standard fees that get charged.
Concession Recovery Fee - 9.8%
Sales Tax - 6.5%
Fl Surcharge Waste Tire Battery Fee - 2.05/day
Vehicle License Recoupment Fee - .49/day, this one can vary(Thrifty charges 1.49 per day, Alamo and National .49 and Avis .39)

Offsite agencies do charge a transportation tax/fee of 8.70% some add milage. If you see more fees than listed here, question it.
All fees should be listed when you book your car.

It is a good thing to do and something everyone should do before they sign on that rental agreement.

Also be aware that some companies charge for additional drivers and some don't. That could be $5/dy or more.

Have you tried Dollar?? I got my compact for $119. Tax and everything it is $155.42. Plus today I just registered for Fastpass. In the new issue of Mousesavers a reader reported they sent a coupon for a free double upgrade. She said it took about two weeks. Plus BJ's has coupon's. Good Luck. By the way that is with unlimited miles. Twenty one days!!!

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
I have a full sized car booked via Alamo using my BJ's code and free day coupon for the same amount (approx) that you paid.
That's a great rate, but I don't belong to BJs.

My price is without the upgrade or BJ's coupon's. I have to go to BJ's to get the coupon's to see if they can be used in conjunction with what I have.

Go to www.rentalcodes.com

Here is a sample:

Dollar Codes for Nationwide sale through 08/27/03

Compact $119. week CD24
Minivan $199. week DOL39

Originally posted by laurabelle
That's a great rate, but I don't belong to BJs.

Ok, did you try the WalMart code? Anyone can get that rate.
It might save you some money and get you a larger car, if you want one. :) BY 430710

Noticed your "tag line", I am so incredibly HAPPY for you!!!!

Originally posted by Toni L
Have you tried Dollar?? I got my compact for $119. Tax and everything it is $155.42. Plus today I just registered for Fastpass. In the new issue of Mousesavers a reader reported they sent a coupon for a free double upgrade. She said it took about two weeks. Plus BJ's has coupon's. Good Luck. By the way that is with unlimited miles. Twenty one days!!!

That is a very good rate, but, are you aware they will put a hold on your credit card for that amount plus 200.00?

Yes, they do send you a coupon for a double upgrade and it states, if available. You cannot combine your rate code from BJ's with the double upgrade coupon or a BJ's coupon.

Gail

But don't all companies put a hold on your credit card? I usually drive my own car. I don't rent much. How does National and the others do it? When I return the car the hold will be immediately released? correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter