Great BWV standard view 2 bedroom

Mflaherty

Mouseketeer
anyone ever have a good view from a 2 bedroom
Standard view at bwv? We go every year in november and we always end up looking at a big tree. I can't look at a tree again this year. Lol once I had a great 1 bedroom standard but it was a dedicated one bedroom.(4117 I think). Anyone have pics of the view from a 2 bdrm standard at bwv from their last trip?

Standard view at bwv? We go every year in november and we always end up looking at a big tree. I can't look at a tree again this year. Lol once I had a great 1 bedroom standard but it was a dedicated one bedroom.(4117 I think). Anyone have pics of the view from a 2 bdrm standard at bwv from their last trip?

Yes, we've had a few "good views" from BWV SV 2BR villas. Also looked right at some trees.

We go every year in november and we always end up looking at a big tree. I can't look at a tree again this year. Lol

I see that you added LOL to the end of your message, but honestly if you are booking a Standard View at BWV, the room view should be very low on your priority list. And there is no way to request a "non-tree view" villa that I'm aware. I guess if you asked to overlook the tennis courts that would give you a decent chance (if they meet the request) but then you are looking at the farthest walk from the elevators.

I'd say that about 50% of the Standard View rooms at BWV are blocked at least partially by a tree. The good news is that in November the trees aren't always as full of leaves! Good luck. :)

Just curious what room were you in with the big tree? We had the 2BR just around the corner 1125/1127 I believe which overlooks the pond and is very quiet. There is an exit nearby which leads to the bus stop and is a shorter walk outside to the boardwalk.

Just curious what room were you in with the big tree? We had the 2BR just around the corner 1125/1127 I believe which overlooks the pond and is very quiet. There is an exit nearby which leads to the bus stop and is a shorter walk outside to the boardwalk.

Lots of rooms have big trees. The rooms overlooking the pond/parking lot/tennis courts have smaller trees. This picture was taken in December and those trees don't block much view. During the non-winter months they are much fuller.

BWV SV3.jpg

But as you can see, there are many rooms at BWV standard view that will look at a tree, even in the winter months. These pictures were all taken in December. The large tree in the left center is much fuller in the summer months:

BWV SV2.jpg

You can get lucky and get a villa between the trees but there is no way to request one of those. It's just luck.

BWV SV.jpg

As indicated before, if looking at a tree is bothersome then it would not be wise to book BWV standard view. The standard view makes for a great value for getting into BWV with its super location at a low point rate. But yes, you may well be looking at a tree.

Standard view rooms are standard for a reason. Can you get a better standard view room, maybe but even Disney considers it a long shot or they would re-classify the rooms as preferred.

:earsboy: Bill

Yes agreed, the value of being at that location is the most important thing. I'm ok with trees Thank you for the pictures.

I'm ok with trees

No sarcasm, but have you been in one of those rooms? I'm more than okay with trees, love them, but not with nightfall in the daytime. :rotfl:;)

Standard view was always exquisite there but someone, the landscape architect, dropped the ball big time on that placement. It has changed so much.

Standard view rooms are standard for a reason.

Once again, they were a whole different standard a decade ago. Standard for a reason ?--- They were standard because they faced the entrance, bus stop and parking lot - not because of poor tree placement looking into the future.

I have had only one standard view room at BWV that didn't face into the trees...and it was right above the RAC area!!! I had a great view of the entrance, but that was it. All others had tree obstructed views. There was one studio that had a tree so close to the balcony, I was worried the squirrels were going to get on the balcony!!! I did have one, a year ago, that had a slight view of the fireworks...but I had to be in just the right spot to see them!

No sarcasm, but have you been in one of those rooms? I'm more than okay with trees, love them, but not with nightfall in the daytime. :rotfl:;)

Standard view was always exquisite there but someone, the landscape architect, dropped the ball big time on that placement. It has changed so much.

Oh boy!

Good point.

I have had only one standard view room at BWV that didn't face into the trees...and it was right above the RAC area!!! I had a great view of the entrance, but that was it. All others had tree obstructed views. There was one studio that had a tree so close to the balcony, I was worried the squirrels were going to get on the balcony!!! I did have one, a year ago, that had a slight view of the fireworks...but I had to be in just the right spot to see them!

Yikes!

The times we've stayed SV there were trees but I'm thinking we have gotten really lucky. Thanks!

The times we've stayed SV there were trees but I'm thinking we have gotten really lucky. Thanks!

With that one you probably should have checked out your next door neighbours! ;) And see how they were enjoying the land of sun and palm trees. :laughing:

It's such a lovely area. I've thrown the football around and kicked around a soccer ball out there on that lawn, great memories. And in truth I too have been very lucky and really have received some great rooms. But it is roulette these days and I won't book it anymore because I HATE dark. Which never used to be an issue.

The best piece of advice, Granny already mentioned it, is to ask to be around by the tennis courts. So lovely over there.

And looking at Granny's pictures those special rooms ( different layout - I think X123 ) are wide open.

Last edited:
There was one studio that had a tree so close to the balcony, I was worried the squirrels were going to get on the balcony!!!

I know which room that is, and the frustration is that the rooms to the left of it are perfection. Or were at least! :rotfl:

We had the 1 bedroom next to you last May - 4117 - I thought it was the best view we've ever had...I love that big tree

We had the 1 bedroom next to you last May - 4117 - I thought it was the best view we've ever had...I love that big tree

Honestly, when you get a view you like there - more like amount of light because they are beautiful trees - well SV BWV is the best kept secret.

I've owned BWV for quite awhile. Standard was always my choice in the beginning, and a happy choice. I loved it so much back then that even if it was equal points I probably would have still chosen it.

I had that room once too!!!!!!It was amazing. A beautiful view. 4117 is a dedicated one bedroom. I need a 2 bedroom and the last 2 years i could touch the tree when i stood on the balcony. Was so dark. Im ok with the entrance and parking lot view but I couldn't see a thing.....just leaves. lol haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter